Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 20 Nov 20, 06:49 PM  
Link to this Post
DonnaD
Imagineer

Originally Posted by novocastrian View Post
dont think there is a correct time for a teenager

my daughter is 15 and out for the count by 10 most nights of her own choosing

some of her mates are up watching tv / snapchatting etc till all hours
My 14 year old became nocturnal during lock down as her school didn't have set times to log on. She now has to be at the bus stop at 6:15 and gets up at 5:30. She is very good about trying to be asleep by 9:30 but has just admitted that is to prevent bags under eyes for school the next day rather than worrying about being alert for class!
Old 20 Nov 20, 07:07 PM  
Link to this Post
mason1
Imagineer

mason1's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2
DIBB Villa Reviews: 3
DS is 12 and usually goes to bed at 8pm, but reads/watches You Tube for about an hour. DD is 14 and goes to bed at 9pm and usually watches TV for an hour. At weekends I leave it up to them - although they usually go to bed at the same time but will watch TV for longer. They are both good sleepers and no trouble getting up for school.
Old 20 Nov 20, 07:38 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyStacey
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

DD is 12 and on a school night she’s usually asleep by 10-10:30. (she’s usually in bed and reading for a bit before going to sleep). She gets up for school around 7am.
At a weekend I leave it up to her a bit more - but it’s very rare she’s up later than 11. She does like a lie-in on a weekend though. x
DisneyStacey is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Nov 20, 08:19 PM  
Link to this Post
Mel49
Imagineer

Mel49's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 3
On school nights DD 14 goes upstairs about 9.30 but faffs about and sometimes reads so not sure when she actually goes to sleep but is always up at 7am. At weekends it is normally 10/10.30 depending on what we are watching on tv. DS 17 goes about 10.00 on school nights and also up at 7am but he will get up later at the weekend.

Also phones are left downstairs, no laptops or ipads allowed on and the odd time I have found DD on ipad at nght it has been confiscated for a period of time.

Edited at 08:24 PM.
Mel49 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Nov 20, 11:16 PM  
Link to this Post
Noodle500
Imagineer

DS age 14 has to head upstairs about ten past nine and usually reads for half an hour but generally doesn't fall asleep until ten.DH and I head to bed about half ten to quarter to eleven.
DS gets up for school just after seven. At weekends he still wakes up before half seven, doesn't lie in
Noodle500 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Nov 20, 11:35 PM  
Link to this Post
captain-codeye
Imagineer

captain-codeye's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Dd 13 doesn’t have a set time, she’s tired by 9 and will take her self up to bed without prompting so I don’t tell her as I honestly think they really need to work things like this out for them selves.

She has to be up at 6:30 for the bus and has a fair walk up hill to the stop, a few late nights and they soon work out it’s a bad idea😂

Friday and Saturday nights I have no idea what time she goes to bed as I’m asleep first!
captain-codeye is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Nov 20, 11:52 PM  
Link to this Post
Jaspercat10
VIP Dibber

Blimey I am not showing my lot this thread I look like the grinch, my 13,14,15 and 17 year old all go at 8.30 probably all asleep by 9- 9.30 😂
Old 21 Nov 20, 12:38 AM  
Link to this Post
MinniMouse
VIP Dibber

MinniMouse's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Jaspercat10 View Post
Blimey I am not showing my lot this thread I look like the grinch, my 13,14,15 and 17 year old all go at 8.30 probably all asleep by 9- 9.30 😂
Wow that is early, but then when to they get up? Do they have jobs?

I was never given a set bedtime probably age 12/13 onwards. I left school and was working just before 16. Maybe my parents were more chilled than some. I can't say mine were given a time to go to bed either by this age. They just went to bed when ready. Still manged to do their homework, study etc as all working and doing well. Our youngest is now 22, so not too old school IMHO
MinniMouse is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Nov 20, 01:31 AM  
Link to this Post
Shani
Imagineer

Mine don't have a bedtime. They are 14, 16 (and eldest, almost 20). I trust them to sleep when they're tired. Since they started secondary school, I've never had to wake them in the morning, and 99% of the time, they're ready to leave the house well before I'm ready to take them. They are top-of-the-class students, and the only thing I have to complain about them is the state of their bedrooms!

As a parent, I choose my battles and see no reason in creating an issue where there doesn't need to be one.
2022 - Margaritaville & RPR --- 2023 - Villa & RPR & Surfside
Shani is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Nov 20, 02:10 AM  
Link to this Post
vowels
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Jaspercat10 View Post
Meet your twin.😁

My lot are 9, 12, 16 and all go to bed at 8.30pm or earlier. It has been known for them to go to bed at 7pm if they are grumpy and start yawning. They are all asleep within thirty minutes.

No phones, televisions or laptops in their bedroom at bedtime.

They have also been known to say they are going to bed before 8.30 because they are tired. They seldom sleep late, they wake up 6.30/7am every day. My little angels need at least ten hours sleep, they have a miserable day without it.
vowels is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List