Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 26 Dec 20, 10:28 PM  
Link to this Post
Floridatilly
Imagineer

Mobile What TV for x box series x

My son has a toshiba 49 V5863DB
He has connected his x box series x and he is stressing because his TV is only 50HZ and the x box is or can run at 120HZ
It us all confusing me so much! He is concerned he is not getting the best possible picture.
Is anyone else having problems?
Or solutions?

At the moment there is minimal difference between his x box one and this series x
Floridatilly is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Dec 20, 10:48 PM  
Link to this Post
ziggyzag
Imagineer

The better TV makes the game and graphics run smoother, very improtant to a gamer!
ziggyzag is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Dec 20, 11:02 PM  
Link to this Post
Floridatilly
Imagineer

Mobile

It seems mist TV’s are 50hz
What TV’s are 100 or 120 😱
Floridatilly is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Dec 20, 11:12 PM  
Link to this Post
2point
VIP Dibber

He'a right, he's not getting the best possible picture.

However he is getting a picture that has 4 times as much resolution as his old Xbox - he's got a 4K tv.

The refresh rate on his TV should go up to 60hz, that's 60 frames per second. The latest TV's can run at 120 frames per second, which make the scenes a little smoother. Be prepared to pay £1k for one of those...

In my opinion he's stressing about nothing, if he can't see the difference between the Xbox and the new Series X then he definitely won't see any difference with those extra 60 frames per second.
2point is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Dec 20, 11:40 PM  
Link to this Post
400ixl
Imagineer

Mobile

Be careful with 120k TV's at the moment as ones with variable refresh rates are having real issues at the moment.

Most gamers will go for a proper gaming monitor. Not as big as a TV but more responsive and better true colour matches. They are also much wider ratio than a TV which helps a lot in first person shooters and simulation games.

This is not the best time to be buying as the next generation of screens will start to get shown in the next few weeks as the virtual CES show runs in January.
400ixl is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Dec 20, 12:44 AM  
Link to this Post
NewtoOrlando
VIP Dibber

NewtoOrlando's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Mobile

My son has a gaming monitor which is hooked up to his Xbox and his gaming laptop, graphics are so much better than his TV. He doesn’t have the new Xbox, as games more on his laptop.

Miami/CBR/RPR/Bahama Bay Aug 16
Deerfield Beach/HRH/POFQ/Contemporary/Westridge - Aug 18
New York - Westin Grand Central - Nov 18
Disneyland Paris - Hotel Cheyenne - Dec 18
All Star Sport/POFQ/Aylesbury Villa/Deerfield Beach - Oct 19
Miami/Hard Rock hotel/Pop Century/Legacy Park Dibb Villa - Aug 2022

Saratoga Springs/Rosen Plaza - Dec 2024
NewtoOrlando is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Dec 20, 01:19 AM  
Link to this Post
Shani
Imagineer

He'd need an 8k TV which generally come as a minimum of 50" and £1k+.

My son's yet to get an xbox series X (not for lack of trying - he's 20, so buying his own) but we got him a new TV for Christmas. We opted for the "next best" as his bedroom is tiny and anything bigger than a 43" just wouldn't fit, plus he literally wouldn't see the benefit in 8k over 4k in his tiny room sitting on top of a huge screen. We just got him a really good 43".
2022 - Margaritaville & RPR --- 2023 - Villa & RPR & Surfside
Shani is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Dec 20, 09:58 AM  
Link to this Post
DrMagical
Excited about Disney

There is only 1 TV in the world currently capable of 120Hz refresh rate - that is the LG CX series. It really is a case of Emporers New Clothes though. I don't think the human eye is capable of discerning 50 or 60 or 120 Hz rate. Cinema is 24hz (or frames per second). When was the last time you were at the cinema and said 'this 24 frames per second rate is awful, I wish it was 120'?
DrMagical is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Dec 20, 10:12 AM  
Link to this Post
scouser
Imagineer

Our son has just received the xbox series x, he brought the refresh rate issue to us earlier in the year so for his birthday he went for a 27 inch hp gaming monitor it has a 144hz rate so adequate for the series x, although smaller than a large TV he is very happy with it and how its looking now he has the series x. We paid £199 via the hp website, I asked my son who said a word of caution alot of entry level gaming monitors don't have in built speakers so you need to hook up an external speaker via cable which is very easy. Also once connected you do have to change the display settings in the series x to 120hz
This is the one our son has -
store.hp/UKStore/Merch/P...pt=ABU&sel=MTO

Edited at 10:18 AM.
scouser is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Dec 20, 10:48 AM  
Link to this Post
top4
Imagineer

My son has had a gaming monitor for Christmas, its made a big difference to the picture quality 👍
top4 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List