Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 20 Jul 17, 08:37 AM  
Link to this Post
jools1302
Apprentice Imagineer

jools1302's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Tell me about DELTA

Hi there🤗

Flying indirect for the first time on a KLM/DELTA codeshare our route is Aberdeen-Amsterdam -New York-Orlando! Never flown Delta before so would love to know how others found it, what's the food/drink like, IFE etc

Thanks so much

Edited at 08:39 AM. Reason: hadnt finished!
jools1302 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jul 17, 09:44 AM  
Link to this Post
cornishfrogboy
VIP Dibber

Delta are my airline of choice, ahead of Virgin, TUI (Thomson) or Thomas Cook.

Whilst generally offering very good prices, their cabin staff are generally older, more experienced, courteous and lacking the froth and schmaltz of certain of their rivals (without giving clues, I have never seen a rock star in their coach class and their marketing leaves me nauseous).

Food is good, (better on the outward than the in). IFE is very good and with some of the more recently upgraded aircraft having larger seatback screens. Alcoholic drinks are free.

In addition, I prefer my flights indirect. As you can see from my signature, Orlando is merely a part of my Florida vacation. Deltas Atlanta hub is very efficient for clearing immigration and customs with a fast, efficient railway transport system between terminals. From that hub, you can fly to Tampa, Key West, Pensacola Daytona Beach and other final destinations at little/no extra cost. Same with your return journey. In this way, I am able to minimise my driving by driving a ribbon during the vacation, rather than lots of return journeys.

Delta are imho, the best in the market (for my purposes). Their reviews and certainly dibb feedback are very good indeed with many others preferring them to all rivals.

2005 onwards.. lots of times!

Index of all my Trip and Pretrip reports..https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho...6#post15662196

Edited at 09:56 AM.
cornishfrogboy is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jul 17, 09:58 AM  
Link to this Post
jools1302
Apprentice Imagineer

jools1302's Reviews
Mobile

Thanks Cornishfrogboy that's really helpful 😁😁
Old 20 Jul 17, 10:20 AM  
Link to this Post
sprocket
Imagineer

Another vote for my airline of choice.
Flew with them last year. The pilot gave our son and niece their wings badge on boarding. If you don't get the chance, just ask on board and they will get you one for your children.
I have flown with Virgin, United, Delta, Aerlingus and a few others and Delta were stand out the best.

We prefer indirect, chance to get some decent food and arrive more refreshed. Usually far cheaper as well. After you factor in MCO immigration for direct flights, some times indirect is almost as quick (well not far off).
Aug 2017 - RPR & AKL, Oct 2019 - HRH & BC
Oct 2022 - RPR, Poly & AKL
sprocket is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jul 17, 10:57 AM  
Link to this Post
jools1302
Apprentice Imagineer

jools1302's Reviews
Mobile

Thanks Sprocket

never heard of wings badges but our kids would love that! Thanks so much for the info feeling that we've made a good choice!
Old 20 Jul 17, 12:12 PM  
Link to this Post
signtalker
Imagineer

Flew last month with them and fabulous will definitely be seeking out flights with them again.
The crew were constantly coming out with drinks the food and movies were good , we had a small delay coming back but within minutes they were handing out drinks snacks and sweets it was unbelievable , the crew are American and guess that's what makes the difference customer service second to none.

Jules
signtalker is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jul 17, 12:34 PM  
Link to this Post
mrsbenny
Imagineer

Mobile

The flights were ok but we got stuck in Detroit due to bad weather and delta couldn't get us there for 2 days. Communication was very poor!
mrsbenny is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jul 17, 12:36 PM  
Link to this Post
Harry
Imagineer

Harry's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 3
Some great feedback... flown with the majority of US carriers and this will be our first time with Delta (Out = LHR-JFK - In = TAM-ATL ATL-LHR) this August... can't wait

"... he is moving like a TREMENDOUS machine... "
Harry is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jul 17, 12:40 PM  
Link to this Post
Fuellady
VIP Dibber

We have flown with delta several times, in fact we have done the exact route you are taking. We also chose to book directly with them for our upcoming holiday in September.

They are my preferred airline, never had any problems with them. Once we missed a connection and they put us straight on the next plane, our bags came as well which is always a bonus when there's a hiccup.

The IFE is fantastic, loads of films old and new to choose from, music, TV programmes, games.

Drinks service many times throughout the flight, and we've always found the food to be good as well.

I also like that you can book your seats without having to pay extra.

All of my trip reports are in this INDEX

My most recent reports are below:
*Complete* A Tale of Two Cities - Washington D.C. & Boston - March 2023
We Love Food! An Offsite Dining Report - May 2022
Fuellady is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jul 17, 12:40 PM  
Link to this Post
loopyloo33
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

Another positive vote for Delta here. Flew to Philadelphia last Christmas and had excellent flights
loopyloo33 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List