Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 26 Feb 20, 09:18 AM  
Link to this Post
Dinglebert
Imagineer

Dinglebert's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Amazon - Rubbish and Excellent Service Same Day

I am the beginning of starting my new PC build. Ordered a motherboard from Amazon which arrived next day (yesterday). For me Amazon normally go with overkill on the packaging. Things which wouldn't break if you jumped on them packed within a inch of their life in an oversized box with protection inside.

Not the motherboard though. It arrived only in its own box with the address label stuck on it. Top of the box clearly had been in contact/under other boxes in the van. The box had no seal which I have never seen on a computer part before. Not a great level of service.

I phoned to ask for a return and replacement. I don't have the other parts of the system yet so can't test board to see if damaged or not and won't for a couple of weeks so wasn't happy having a potentially damaged motherboard. Amazon are replacing the board immediately it arrives today but also said just to keep old one and not return.
Dinglebert is online now Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Feb 20, 09:31 AM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
I agree with you ref the packaging. It seems the odd item does sometimes seem to have missed the 'sensible packaging' option.

I must say though their customer service is second to none. Maybe once a year I have an issue with something and a 2 min live chat gets a brilliant resolution.

I love Amazon

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976

Edited at 09:33 AM. Reason: Spelling
Mr Tom Morrow is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Feb 20, 03:41 PM  
Link to this Post
Tracydcp
Imagineer

Mobile

Another big Amazon fan here. Bought many things off them and if I have any problems it’s sorted straight away, quite often replaced without having to send other back. Bought an iPad for my son for Christmas and was able to pay in 5 instalments 👍

April/May 2009, October 2011, May 2013, May 2015
August 2020 We’re going back!
Tracydcp is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Feb 20, 04:09 PM  
Link to this Post
bernard301
slightly serious Dibber

I love amazon, just not their delivery drivers.

About 90% of the time I get deliveries either left on my porch in full view of anyone passing, or put in my external store with a bright orange label in my letterbox to attract the attention of anyone passing, whether I'm in or not.

Then there are the drivers who hear the dog and are back in the van and driving off by the time I get to the front door. I challenged one the other day who left a £300 graphics card on the porch. His response was "well i heard someone inside", I challenged that, saying that he just heard the dog, to which he then changed his tune to "well If we waited for everyone we deliver to we'd still be delivering at midnight". They are just a joke!
bernard301 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List