Notices
Disney Cruise Line and Other Cruise Planning Cruise Questions and Tips.

Old 26 Dec 20, 01:05 AM  
Link to this Post
Scaramouche
Imagineer

I don’t expect Cruise to be up and running before the second half of the year to be honest. I’d love to be proven wrong, but that’s how I feel.
Forget Regrets... Or Life Is Yours To Miss.. No Other Road, No Other Way.. No Day But Today.. ♪
Scaramouche is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Dec 20, 09:38 AM  
Link to this Post
captain-codeye
Imagineer

captain-codeye's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
What’s putting me off is the fact they may not be able to offer the full experience.

I can only comment on Disney cruises but for us at nearly £1k per night for our family I expect 100% of the full experience and nothing less, I’m not paying that money for even 90% of normal.

I fully understand some will and I’m happy to cancel unless it’s a full experience and wait.

We’re booked for December so a slim chance but for may it wouldn’t be for me yet.
captain-codeye is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Jan 21, 11:25 AM  
Link to this Post
jas72
VIP Dibber

UPDATE: I'm more 80/20 against this cruise actually going ahead.

Problem is I don't know when my son will have his May holiday next year so cannot lift and shift it yet. I have mailed his school to find out when the 2021-2022 holidays will be known hopefully they will get back to me before 13th March (final payment date).

Old 1 Jan 21, 02:05 PM  
Link to this Post
pinkbelle
Imagineer

We have a cruise to Scandinavia booked for June, only 8 nights, if it’s running and we are able (vaccine restrictions) we will be on it, even if confined to the ship for 8 days. We booked our favourite stateroom, and I just want a different view from my balcony every morning.

Have another longer Med cruise booked in September, but feel less comfortable about this one, am going to sit down next week and see what I can change it to for 2022.

I realise this is a complete generalisation and don’t wish to cause any offence, but have done a number of Med cruises and land holidays, and always feel a bit sticky and grubby, similar to how I have felt in the past after a sightseeing day in London. Have become so used to Hand Face Space mantra I think it will take a while for me to feel comfortable in a different environment.
pinkbelle is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Jan 21, 04:49 PM  
Link to this Post
Travel
I want to go now!

Princess have just cancelled our 4th May cruise from Southampton. They have cancelled all cruises through 14th May. Saved us having to make the decision wether to pay the balance or not!
Travel is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Jan 21, 05:21 PM  
Link to this Post
gavvy
Imagineer

I want to lift and shift my May trip to next may but there are no 3 night cruises being offered from Orlando with RC, so unsure what to do at the moment.

Anyone know when the final payment has to be made with RC - is it 58 days out?
Old 7 Jan 21, 06:03 PM  
Link to this Post
Geordieprincess
Apprentice Imagineer

We are due to be on Disney Magic on 12 April from a Miami.
I’m hoping something is confirmed either way before final pay date in Feb but feel we will end up cancelling before then. Even if it goes ahead, Disney haven’t confirmed if things like pirate night would go ahead and I don’t want to pay this amount for a limited experience.I can’t move to same cruise next year though as son has GCSEs so we’d have to look at summer 2022 and we can’t move it that far so probably have to lose the 25% extra credit we got when it was cancelled last Easter.
Geordieprincess is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jan 21, 08:18 AM  
Link to this Post
gismo1554
Imagineer

Are you sure you can't move it that far out? The reason I ask is that the further cancellations they do the more likely they are to extend that date. If you want to keep the 25% extra and don't need the refund I'd probably see about at least moving as late as you can and then see what happens but only if you are comfortable with it.
Old 9 Jan 21, 12:04 AM  
Link to this Post
Geordieprincess
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by gismo1554 View Post
Are you sure you can't move it that far out? The reason I ask is that the further cancellations they do the more likely they are to extend that date. If you want to keep the 25% extra and don't need the refund I'd probably see about at least moving as late as you can and then see what happens but only if you are comfortable with it.
Yeah I’ve considered this in the hope that as more are cancelled they extend the date but I’m just not sure what to do anymore as we would’ve probably done a California trip in the summer after GCSEs. Too many holidays on the to do list and not enough time... Got a month to decide before PIF.
Geordieprincess is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Jan 21, 08:40 AM  
Link to this Post
gismo1554
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Geordieprincess View Post
Yeah I’ve considered this in the hope that as more are cancelled they extend the date but I’m just not sure what to do anymore as we would’ve probably done a California trip in the summer after GCSEs. Too many holidays on the to do list and not enough time... Got a month to decide before PIF.
Completely get it. This is the trouble we've got too trying to work out which holidays now take over especially as I turned 40 last year so missed by celebration and now my sisters 20th wedding anniversary is this year so she wants to do something for that. I feel its a really hard one and don't envy you trying to work this out.