Notices
General Trip Planning Other Holiday Planning.

Old 16 Jan 17, 07:18 PM  
Link to this Post
Loopylooloo
VIP Dibber

Tink, if you ever are tempted by a cruise, this thread may entice you! I made two very short music blogs of our cruises couple of years back, when my boys were still 'fluffy'!

https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho...5#post12220085

Our trip reports -
1st trip to Florida - April 2014 - 'Are we nearly Bankrupt yet?!'
The Kuna Mahuna Croatia Holiday 2016
Bankrupt again Florida 2017
New York & RCL Anthem of Seas 2018
https://dibb.in/13476718
And now it’s time for Wine Wine Wine! Rome + Celebrity Cruise May 2022
https://dibb.in/15427816
Loopylooloo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jan 17, 07:47 PM  
Link to this Post
Myakka17
VIP Dibber

I visited Jamaica late Aug once it was lovely weather just a few very quick showers but nothing the dampen the holiday. I think you maybe ok with Mexico, have you looked at the different areas to see which has the better weather in Aug?
Old 16 Jan 17, 11:15 PM  
Link to this Post
Tink75
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Loopylooloo View Post
Tink, if you ever are tempted by a cruise, this thread may entice you! I made two very short music blogs of our cruises couple of years back, when my boys were still 'fluffy'!

https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho...5#post12220085
Aww thanks for posting those - you are right, your boys are cute then. We've decided against a cruise for this summer but DH is quite keen in future, so we'll see. I think what 'gets' me is the fact the excursions aren't included and can quickly add up, but as you say, you don't have to do the excursion at every port - you can often just drift around yourself.

Originally Posted by Myakka Lodge View Post
I visited Jamaica late Aug once it was lovely weather just a few very quick showers but nothing the dampen the holiday. I think you maybe ok with Mexico, have you looked at the different areas to see which has the better weather in Aug?
Thanks Rachel - now that DH isn't coming, it's kind of thrown a spanner in the works a bit. Prices are increasing daily though so we need to get sorted. I think Mexico would work as the place I'm looking at, while AI, does have things going on outside - the kids would love the snorkelling from the beach, and we could go and see the Mayan ruins etc. Happy to have the odd downpour, although I've been told the humidity is even worse than Florida - and we found that bad enough! Different holiday though I guess - we'll be at the beach/pool a lot more on this holiday rather than walking miles around parks!
Tink75 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Feb 17, 01:40 PM  
Link to this Post
Ourdaybydesign
Excited about Disney

Hey, we went to Khao Lak in July last year so know how you are feeling! We stayed at the Sands and it was amazing. We all loved it including my parents who had never been before as we went a family including my sister and family for their 40th wedding anniversary.

Don't be put off by returning in the summer though - we had a couple of days of rain and a couple of days with a few showers but otherwise it was perfect.

I have 2 kids, who were 4 & 1 when we went to Thailand and will be 5 & 2 for this year's adventure.

So this year, we are doing 5 days at DLP for the first week of the anniversary celebrations at the end of March.

Then in May we are going to Dubai then Hong Kong. My sister lives in Dubai so we are having 6 nights / 5 days with them before going to Hong Kong for a full week. We've got friends that live there so will see them along with the usual tourist stuff and we also plan to do a couple of days at Disneyland.
Hong Kong Disneyland {1}: May 2017
Ourdaybydesign is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Feb 17, 06:05 PM  
Link to this Post
Tink75
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Ourdaybydesign View Post
Hey, we went to Khao Lak in July last year so know how you are feeling! We stayed at the Sands and it was amazing. We all loved it including my parents who had never been before as we went a family including my sister and family for their 40th wedding anniversary.

Don't be put off by returning in the summer though - we had a couple of days of rain and a couple of days with a few showers but otherwise it was perfect.

I have 2 kids, who were 4 & 1 when we went to Thailand and will be 5 & 2 for this year's adventure.

So this year, we are doing 5 days at DLP for the first week of the anniversary celebrations at the end of March.

Then in May we are going to Dubai then Hong Kong. My sister lives in Dubai so we are having 6 nights / 5 days with them before going to Hong Kong for a full week. We've got friends that live there so will see them along with the usual tourist stuff and we also plan to do a couple of days at Disneyland.
Thanks but we're sorted now. We are off to Mexico - bit wary about hurricane season but hopefully we'll be fine!

ETA - I think we will return to Khao Lak one day, but we have a few other places to go first.

Edited at 06:47 PM.
Tink75 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Mar 17, 12:24 PM  
Link to this Post
Ourdaybydesign
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by Tink75 View Post
Thanks but we're sorted now. We are off to Mexico - bit wary about hurricane season but hopefully we'll be fine!

ETA - I think we will return to Khao Lak one day, but we have a few other places to go first.
Yeah we feel the same; we will prob def go back one day but lots to see elsewhere first!

Hope you enjoy Mexico, that's somewhere I have never been.

I see you are off to Paris soon too, we are down to 25 days and I'm so excited!
Hong Kong Disneyland {1}: May 2017
Ourdaybydesign is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Mar 17, 10:06 PM  
Link to this Post
Tink75
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Ourdaybydesign View Post
Yeah we feel the same; we will prob def go back one day but lots to see elsewhere first!

Hope you enjoy Mexico, that's somewhere I have never been.

I see you are off to Paris soon too, we are down to 25 days and I'm so excited!
Thank you. We are quite excited about Mexico, my children are really excited about the snorkelling! I've wanted to visit for years but other things got in the way or we visited other places.

Khao Lak will always have a special place in my heart though as it was truly a special holiday and place for us.

Yes DLP in May for the 25th. Very excited about that as we've to quite a few of the birthday celebrations over the years. The children don't know we are going yet. My eldest is hard to keep things from now so I need to think of a good excuse for packing etc!

Enjoy your trip too. The 25th looks amazing! And your other holiday sounds great too! Hope you have a fantastic time.