Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 28 Sep 20, 10:42 AM  
Link to this Post
Simon & Suzann
Imagineer

Dithering on doing Disney next year

We're booked for next Aug and everyone voted Disney as we were supposed to have stayed on site this year. Everyone knows the rest of the story lol.

Way too expensive to stay on site 2021 esp with the cut backs of things (I'm not slating it as totally understand it's needed with what's going on).
No free dining was the main deal breaker.

Is anyone else thinking like me to hold back with Disney until the year after and hope things like free Dining are back then stay on site for extra perks like early FP booking, using Disney transport etc.

On the other hand I'm thinking sod it, only live once and it's only money ha ha. But if I don't get on the main rides I'm gonna be devastated.
Simon & Suzann is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Sep 20, 01:22 PM  
Link to this Post
natanddaz
Imagineer

Yes im in a similar situation. I have just booked for August 2021 staying onsite at universal studios because it was a really good deal. We are just priced out of disney without the free ddp or a serious rate discount! Our previous 2 trips have just been disney so plan to make this one just about universal and maybe sw, aquatica and dc. It does make me a bit sad tbh as we love disney but like you im planning a disney trip again in 2022 to make up for it IF the offers are back. I did consider an offsite disney stay but i just couldnt get excited about any of the hotels in our price range and we would rather not drive.

Edited at 01:24 PM.
natanddaz is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Sep 20, 01:27 PM  
Link to this Post
Donaldfan
Imagineer

I've got 5 free nights at the Polynesian which I should have used last week. I've rescheduled to the same dates next year and have bought a 7 day ticket. I don't eat much so won't spend much on food. I've got 7 nights booked at Universal Sapphire Falls just before then.
Donaldfan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Sep 20, 02:09 PM  
Link to this Post
jadepansy459
slightly serious Dibber

We were totally priced out of Disney due to the lack of free dining... We have never stayed offsite before but overall is quite a saving.. not to mention how much we'll save on food etc...!
I don't think I can wait until 2022 without a hol given the year we've all had so we are going to just try this new way and see if we like it !

I'm sure we'll squeeze in some of our favs such as Ohana though 🤤
jadepansy459 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Sep 20, 03:27 PM  
Link to this Post
Simon & Suzann
Imagineer

Originally Posted by natanddaz View Post
Yes im in a similar situation. I have just booked for August 2021 staying onsite at universal studios because it was a really good deal. We are just priced out of disney without the free ddp or a serious rate discount! Our previous 2 trips have just been disney so plan to make this one just about universal and maybe sw, aquatica and dc. It does make me a bit sad tbh as we love disney but like you im planning a disney trip again in 2022 to make up for it IF the offers are back. I did consider an offsite disney stay but i just couldnt get excited about any of the hotels in our price range and we would rather not drive.
Thx for reply. Can I ask what deal u had with universal please?

More I think about it the more I think the DC deal with the other 3 park's is the best option for us.
Then hopefully stay on site 2022. But the youngest will be 17 then so God knows if they'll come.

Another thing really bugging me is I'm guessing FP will be back soon which means 30 days for us off siters lol. Which means picking through the scraps of what's left. Which means more stress
Simon & Suzann is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Sep 20, 03:32 PM  
Link to this Post
Simon & Suzann
Imagineer

Originally Posted by jadepansy459 View Post
We were totally priced out of Disney due to the lack of free dining... We have never stayed offsite before but overall is quite a saving.. not to mention how much we'll save on food etc...!
I don't think I can wait until 2022 without a hol given the year we've all had so we are going to just try this new way and see if we like it !

I'm sure we'll squeeze in some of our favs such as Ohana though 🤤
Exactly same with us but we've done on and off site previously.
Last Disney visit bart MNSSHP was in 2012 though.

The parking is another price factor which adds up. Plus we find it more faffing about with a car vs on site transport. We find Disney transport pretty decent.

On the other hand in the car you can stop at a breakfast place, fill your boots cheaply then get to the park fully charged up.
Old 28 Sep 20, 05:11 PM  
Link to this Post
Donaldfan
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Simon & Suzann View Post

More I think about it the more I think the DC deal with the other 3 park's is the best option for us.
Then hopefully stay on site 2022. But the youngest will be 17 then so God knows if they'll come.

Another thing really bugging me is I'm guessing FP will be back soon which means 30 days for us off siters lol. Which means picking through the scraps of what's left. Which means more stress
Disney have said nothing about fast passes coming back.
Donaldfan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Sep 20, 06:05 PM  
Link to this Post
natanddaz
Imagineer

We booked through BA. 19/08/21-06/09/21 flying direct from lgw staying at cabana bay for the full 18 nights. 2 adults 1 young adult and 2 children £3290 which is less then disney want for the accommodation alone.
natanddaz is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Sep 20, 06:58 PM  
Link to this Post
jadepansy459
slightly serious Dibber

Exactly same with us but we've done on and off site previously.
Last Disney visit bart MNSSHP was in 2012 though.

The parking is another price factor which adds up. Plus we find it more faffing about with a car vs on site transport. We find Disney transport pretty decent.

On the other hand in the car you can stop at a breakfast place, fill your boots cheaply then get to the park fully charged up.
Yeah I worked out the parking cost and just included it in my price as we will just go to Disney everyday with our little one... We won't be doing universal etc so it is a shame we can't just stay at Disney. I absolutely love being in the bubble ... That and the skyliner was just a breeze.
Being an absolute Disney nutcase I can't imagine not staying there , it will feel very odd. 🤣

I guess it's a decision based on how long you are willing to wait for it to be 'normal' , could be a long time.
jadepansy459 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Sep 20, 08:34 PM  
Link to this Post
Simon & Suzann
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Donaldfan View Post
Disney have said nothing about fast passes coming back.
Hence why I said I'm guessing it'll be back.
But it'll def be back lol