Notices
General Trip Planning Other Holiday Planning.

Old 4 May 17, 08:48 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by LOU LOU DISNEY View Post
My DS dylan is desperate to go to Dylan's candy bar! There seems to be 2 stores? Which is best?
Originally Posted by Jaspercat10 View Post
1011 Third Avenue at 60th street is the big flagship store, it is amazing enjoy
You can pre-book a table (and put a bid in for a cupcake table) online.
The kids are fascinated by the sweets and the deserts, but I want to eat too. There only seems to be a breakfast/lunch menu and a bar menu. Ideally I would like a lunch menu in the early evening. Are you able to do that?
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 May 17, 09:37 PM  
Link to this Post
LOU LOU DISNEY
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by FamilyGWales View Post
You can pre-book a table (and put a bid in for a cupcake table) online.
The kids are fascinated by the sweets and the deserts, but I want to eat too. There only seems to be a breakfast/lunch menu and a bar menu. Ideally I would like a lunch menu in the early evening. Are you able to do that?
Oh thanks for letting me know about prebooking a table, I didn't know! Do you do it online? The kids (& me) would love to have lunch there or maybe just tea/coffee & cake!

✨Disneyland Paris - 02, 03, 04, 05, 06, 07, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 16, 17 x3, 18, 19x2, 22, 24.
✨Disneyworld Florida - 08, 14, 15, 17, 25.
✨Disneyland Tokyo & Disney Sea - 2016.
✨Disneyland California - 2018, 2023
✨Disney Magic 🚢 - 2021
⭐️NYC - 2016, 2017, 2019.
⭐️Las Vegas, Grand Canyon -2018
⭐️San Francisco, Las Vegas & Antelope Canyon -19 ⭐️Washington DC - 22⭐️LA/Anaheim-23 ⭐️Seattle -24
LOU LOU DISNEY is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 May 17, 10:07 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by LOU LOU DISNEY View Post
Oh thanks for letting me know about prebooking a table, I didn't know! Do you do it online? The kids (& me) would love to have lunch there or maybe just tea/coffee & cake!
Here. But only 2 weeks in advance

Groupon US sometimes have Dylans offers. Normally see them for the chocolate and sweets rather than the food, but if you dont ask you dont get !

Edited at 10:09 PM.
Old 4 May 17, 10:10 PM  
Link to this Post
jimmymc
Apprentice Imagineer

Really interested in this thread! we are also going to NY next month, so all the recommendations are greatly appreciated!

Thanks

Maureen
jimmymc is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 May 17, 10:11 PM  
Link to this Post

So glad to see this, I've read all the recommendations, sounds fantastic 😁
Old 4 May 17, 11:00 PM  
Link to this Post

Thought it might be helpful to link to my thread on the Groupon offer for the Global VIP Dine 4less offer.

You may not wish to go to many of the restaurants on the list in NY, but there are several stops in Orlando that we will be going to anyway - so might as well get one that covers places in NY (even if we do end up just using it for McD's !)
Old 7 May 17, 07:56 PM  
Link to this Post
MinniMouse
VIP Dibber

MinniMouse's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Home now . Had a ball, was our 1st trip to New York and would love to go back

Here's more places we ate at:

Shake Shack - the one in Madison Park. No photos but our burgers were to die for. And a cheap meal when comparing eating in a restaurant or even pub.

We wanted to try some original dim sum so after reading trip advisor went to Nom Wah's Tea Parlour. This was one of my worst meals of the holiday. Possibly I don't like dim sum? Anyway here's some photos. We had chicken feet (these were awful - very rubbery and jelly like and had lots of bones), some white dough filled with almost pulled pork, fried pastry filled with pork minced and egg fried rice which was delicious. We also had steamed prawn balls.

And if anyone is in the area this was just round the corner from our hotel - another from trip advisor Ess-a-Bagel. OMG, the best bagels ever. DH lovingly queued for over half an hour for me so I could have one for breakfast. He had BLT, mine was full fat cream cheese. Sorry no photos.

We also ate at the Spotted Pig in West Village. I don't have photos but have a picture of the menu we ate from. It was good but pricey IMO.
MinniMouse is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 May 17, 08:03 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by MinniMouse View Post
Home now . Had a ball, was our 1st trip to New York and would love to go back

Here's more places we ate at:

Shake Shack - the one in Madison Park. No photos but our burgers were to die for. And a cheap meal when comparing eating in a restaurant or even pub.

We wanted to try some original dim sum so after reading trip advisor went to Nom Wah's Tea Parlour. This was one of my worst meals of the holiday. Possibly I don't like dim sum? Anyway here's some photos. We had chicken feet (these were awful - very rubbery and jelly like and had lots of bones), some white dough filled with almost pulled pork, fried pastry filled with pork minced and egg fried rice which was delicious. We also had steamed prawn balls.

And if anyone is in the area this was just round the corner from our hotel - another from trip advisor Ess-a-Bagel. OMG, the best bagels ever. DH lovingly queued for over half an hour for me so I could have one for breakfast. He had BLT, mine was full fat cream cheese. Sorry no photos.

We also ate at the Spotted Pig in West Village. I don't have photos but have a picture of the menu we ate from. It was good but pricey IMO.
Thank you - really helpful to see pictures and menu details !

Sorry to hear you didnt like the chinese. I am still searching for one, so good to know I can strike this one off my list.

Ess-a-bagel now - on the list !
Old 8 May 17, 01:24 AM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDreamer81
Imagineer

DisneyDreamer81's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
We really liked Vanessa's Dumpling House in Chinatown. The dumplings and sesame pancakes were amazing
2015 - Disneymoon! Caribbean Beach Resort & Hyatt Regency Grand Cypress
2017 - Yacht Club & Disney Dream
DisneyDreamer81 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 May 17, 09:44 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by DisneyDreamer81 View Post
We really liked Vanessa's Dumpling House in Chinatown. The dumplings and sesame pancakes were amazing
Thank you ! - on my list!

Still looking for Thai Rolled Ice-cream recommendations !