Notices
Food, Wine, Cooking & Eating Discussion on all things food related. Sharing recipes and giving tips and tricks to great food.

Old 14 Sep 17, 10:19 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by Eeyore rocks View Post
I got slow cooker liners today from Home Bargains...69p for 6... no washing up!
They are brilliant, I bought a whole load in Poundland when they had them.

Am hoping for an oval slow cooker for Christmas if we don't bring one home from Florida. We have loads of converters so using 110v won't be a problem. Would love to cook a whole chicken.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Sep 17, 10:25 PM  
Link to this Post
Gryff
Imagineer

The cooker liners are great I often prep a double amount of stuff and freeze half in a liner then it's easy to takecout defrost and ready to go the next morning
Gryff is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Sep 17, 10:32 PM  
Link to this Post

Going to make scouse in mine tomorrow. Yum.
Old 14 Sep 17, 10:38 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

If you don't have one all ready, I'd recommend investing in an oven proof thermometer, get it right into the middle of the meat and you can cook it to perefection and know exactly when to pull it out.
Old 14 Sep 17, 11:00 PM  
Link to this Post
Sandra & co
Imagineer

Sandra & co's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by geoffa View Post
Sandra&Co - the whole point of a slow cooker is that you take a cheapish, maybe tough piece of meat and because you take all day to cook it you produce the most flavoursome meal. With pork chops - 20 minutes under the grill is all they need. Nice with with some home made sage and onion and apple sauce.
Pork chops bought by my dh, I am not keen I just dont like the texture so I thought if I slow cooked them maybe they would fall off the bone. They were dried up but had a bbq flavour after drying them out in the oven! I wont slow cook them again I much prefer roasted lamb chops.

Edited at 11:02 PM.
Sandra & co is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Sep 17, 11:18 PM  
Link to this Post

Pulled pork with a honey/mustard/chillie powder/what ever herbs to hand glaze and a carton of pure apple juice is a great fun dinner in the slow cooker. Marinade overnight in the fridge with the mixed up glaze and after its cooked shred it in the slow cooker and pour the lot in to a big soup pan and reduce it down in all the juices.

Then overdose on that bad boy with as many Yorkshire puddings as you can manage!
Old 14 Sep 17, 11:44 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

Chicken parmegan.
Also like joint of beef in red wine with shallots, cumin seeds, mushrooms in at end.
Old 15 Sep 17, 07:21 AM  
Link to this Post
afcajax73
slightly serious Dibber

Originally Posted by FairyNuff View Post
Going to make scouse in mine tomorrow. Yum.
haha scouse...

lovely meal, but always makes me chuckle to hear it called that... it's lobby around our way
afcajax73 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Sep 17, 11:44 PM  
Link to this Post
rummy63
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by geoffa View Post
Pork shoulder (diced), cassoulet beans, chorizo, sliced onions, garlic and a tin of plum tomatoes, seasoning - a favourite in our house.
My dinner tomorrow!
rummy63 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Sep 17, 10:49 AM  
Link to this Post
JLH
Imagineer

there is a site called All recipes that's has good slow cooker ideas, the butter chicken curry is so nice ! As my lot are not over keen on beef stews/casseroles last time I made one I put in half a jar of tinga sauce (tescos) , it is spicy but everything got eaten.