Notices
Food, Wine, Cooking & Eating Discussion on all things food related. Sharing recipes and giving tips and tricks to great food.

Old 21 Sep 17, 09:15 PM  
Link to this Post
Cloverlady
Imagineer

Cheese.
Chunks or slices cut from block or grated.

As a child I could just about eat melted cheese, only just!
Cloverlady is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Sep 17, 02:38 PM  
Link to this Post
wanye
Imagineer

used to hate olives as a kid, but love them now.

only recently discovered the joys of roasted veg (the stuff that usually gets boiled... cauliflower, etc or things like radishes) - will never go back to watery tastless, mushy veg ever again! (same goes from brussels sprouts, once you learn to cook them properly, they are really nice!)

and i only discovered halloumi about 15 years ago (when i was in my late 20s) - stayed at a mates up north, who cooked it in a carbonara sauce, and loved it!

also, in my late 30's/early 40's i started liking more mature cheeses, previously, i only ever used to like mild cheddar or other plastic cheese (edam, etc)... now i love a bit of mature cheddar or brie

Edited at 02:39 PM.
wanye is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Sep 17, 08:34 PM  
Link to this Post
Vanillapod
Imagineer

Mobile

I've grown to tolerate cooked peppers but I detest them raw. Can't see that changing!

Our 2015 Food Trip Report http://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=891973
Vanillapod is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Sep 17, 08:39 PM  
Link to this Post
Gryff
Imagineer

Stinky cheese such as Gorgonzola really ripe Brie Camenberg figs and dates especially when eaten with the cheese a combination my mum ate for years
Gryff is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Sep 17, 08:51 PM  
Link to this Post
SMAX
Imagineer

SMAX's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Restaurant Reviews: 3

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 13
Guidebook Photos: 69
I have always eaten EVERYTHING

I never liked raw tomatoes and still don't find them that great. But I will eat them if needed like in a burger if they are there. So the concept of not liking something and liking it later is alien to me LOL

My kids on the other hand are a right pain with food and still haven't grown out of it at 25 and 22.
SMAX is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Sep 17, 09:11 PM  
Link to this Post
Queen_Elsa
Imagineer

Basically, any vegetables. As a kid I only ever ate raw carrots, raw turnip or peas straight from the pod. The smell of Cauliflower cheese made me feel ill too.

Now I eat loads of veg, looking back I don't know why I was so picky!

Also love grilled Halloumi too! Thanks to my local Greek/Cypriot restaurant, It's something I would never have bought before but it came as part of a meze and I'm converted!

Port Orleans Riverside 2014
Caribbean Beach 2015
Caribbean Beach 2016
Caribbean Beach 2017... Now Animal Kingdom Lodge
Queen_Elsa is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Sep 17, 07:51 AM  
Link to this Post
theCMG
Imagineer

theCMG's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 8
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by SMAX View Post
I never liked raw tomatoes and still don't find them that great. But I will eat them if needed like in a burger if they are there.
I'm more or less the same on this one but can also manage them now e.g. with mozzarella and balsamic in a caprese salad if they're really nice. The quickest way to ruin any prepacked sandwich is to waterlog it with tomatoes. Why?!

Edited at 07:54 AM.
theCMG is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Sep 17, 07:56 AM  
Link to this Post
eleele
Apprentice Imagineer

Lobster mmmmmm

I only tried it first back in August, I don't know why I never had it before it just never appealed to me and it's so expensive.

I love it now, I even tried lobster bisque (out of a tin admittedly) but wasn't that keen.
eleele is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Sep 17, 01:22 PM  
Link to this Post
wanye
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Vanillapod View Post
I've grown to tolerate cooked peppers but I detest them raw. Can't see that changing!
hahaha, same here. i just dont see the point in them.

sweet peppers on the other hand, i love. and chilli peppers. just not your bog standard red/green/etc. they just serve no purpose other than adding some colour
wanye is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Sep 17, 01:36 PM  
Link to this Post
Vanillapod
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by wanye View Post
hahaha, same here. i just dont see the point in them.

sweet peppers on the other hand, i love. and chilli peppers. just not your bog standard red/green/etc. they just serve no purpose other than adding some colour
Agreed!
They're just really unpleasant

Our 2015 Food Trip Report http://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=891973
Vanillapod is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List