Notices
General Trip Planning Other Holiday Planning.

Old 23 Oct 17, 02:44 AM  
Link to this Post
JoS
Imagineer

Have a brilliant time and safe travels.
JoS is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Feb 18, 02:33 PM  
Link to this Post
stevo25
Very Serious Dibber

How did I miss this?
stevo25 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 May 18, 10:23 AM  
Link to this Post
dam0
Surfing at Typhoon Lagoon

Wow it seems an age since i last posted, sorry to all those who have followed this thread especially the ones who have been waiting for a post trip report.

It's been absolute manic since we got back from our roadtrip, we went to British Columbia for Xmas and New Year shortly after we returned from our USA road trip so we was very busy planning and sorting that out. Then not long after our Canada trip I started a new Job and since then there's not been enough hours in the day.

It's been so hectic it's been unbelievable since we got back.
I've been so desperate to share our experiences and adventures In the Usa with you all it's crippled me lol.

For anyone interested it was mind blowing to say the least, it was truly incredible and we are so desperate to go back.

I will try and get started on the post trip report in the next couple of days.

Once again sincere apologies to those who have been waiting for the post trip report. I wouldn't blame anyone for not being interested anymore but i will put the report up just in case.

Thanks for your patience

dam0

Edited at 10:24 AM.
dam0 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 May 18, 06:24 PM  
Link to this Post
snowbelle
Imagineer

Yes please do put up a trip report!
We had a quick change of plan this year and we are going to the Grand canyon now, so would love to read about all the rest of the trip as well.
snowbelle is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 May 18, 07:57 PM  
Link to this Post
dam0

Originally Posted by snowbelle View Post
Yes please do put up a trip report!
We had a quick change of plan this year and we are going to the Grand canyon now, so would love to read about all the rest of the trip as well.
Thanks snowbelle I'm busy writing the first bit up as we speak can't wait to share it with anyone who is interested

You are going to be blown away by the majesty and utter magnificence of the Grand Canyon, the beauty of the place will take your breath away

We want to go back again one day to stay longer and explore more of the trails into the canyon itself. It's indescribable snowbelle, I'm sure you will be as speechless as we was when we got to the rim and saw what was before us WOW!
Old 30 May 18, 09:30 PM  
Link to this Post
JoS
Imagineer

Originally Posted by dam0 View Post
Wow it seems an age since i last posted, sorry to all those who have followed this thread especially the ones who have been waiting for a post trip report.

It's been absolute manic since we got back from our roadtrip, we went to British Columbia for Xmas and New Year shortly after we returned from our USA road trip so we was very busy planning and sorting that out. Then not long after our Canada trip I started a new Job and since then there's not been enough hours in the day.

It's been so hectic it's been unbelievable since we got back.
I've been so desperate to share our experiences and adventures In the Usa with you all it's crippled me lol.

For anyone interested it was mind blowing to say the least, it was truly incredible and we are so desperate to go back.

I will try and get started on the post trip report in the next couple of days.

Once again sincere apologies to those who have been waiting for the post trip report. I wouldn't blame anyone for not being interested anymore but i will put the report up just in case.

Thanks for your patience

dam0
Yes please... I look forward to reading it.
JoS is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 May 18, 11:02 AM  
Link to this Post
dam0

Originally Posted by JoS View Post
Yes please... I look forward to reading it.
Thanks JoS I will look forward to sharing it
Old 31 May 18, 02:53 PM  
Link to this Post
dam0

Sorry it took so long but here goes
I will just give a brief (lol) outline of the trip in this first post then i will give a rundown of each place we visited with a few photos too on the next post

WOW!
We had the time of our lives, so many magical memories and adventures, they will stay in our hearts forever.

We just cannot find the words to describe our experiences, because the words haven't been invented yet lol, nothing we can say... no matter how much we attempt to explain it or describe it wont do our roadtrip or the adventures we had in the USA justice it was that magical

It was beyond magnificent from the very start to the very finish. Our only Lows was we didn't have enough time to squeeze everything in, in 3 weeks. Ideally and in hindsight 4 weeks even better 5 weeks would've been perfect. Because of that we had to change things about slightly. All in all our pre planning was almost flawless i must say r.e routes and stopovers, driving times etc There was just too much to see and do at each place lol.

We stayed to our original itenary mostly as set out in our original thread apart from 2-3 changes because of time restraints.
We definitely would've added a minimum of an extra night at all the places we stayed and even more to some of the places we stayed.

We did two stopovers to break the driving up in some parts of the trip, We planned to do no more than 5 hours driving to each stay on our trip and it worked mostly perfect.

Two stopovers, One was a place called Bishop which was between Yosemite and Rachel Nevada and the second was a place called Needles between the Grand Canyon and Los Angeles. They was just your basic Motels in lovely little towns, clean and comfortable and somewhere to rest for the night.

We had to give Death Valley a miss sadly it was just that little bit too far over and we didn't want to risk our itenery being thrown into chaos as we had to be in Las Vegas further down the line to get married as it was already planned and booked before we left the UK

Everywhere we stayed on our adventure was absolutely fantastic it just blew our minds, we thought we knew what to expect but to actually witness and see all those magical memorable magnificent sights and sounds left us speechless time after time.

It's hard to pick our favourite place out on our road trip in fact It's impossible because every place we visited was magnificent in its own special way. When we look back and go over it all again we have to pinch ourselves, we just can't believe we really did what we did, the places we visited the experiences we had. It all seems so surreal

We originally planned to do the route anti clockwise i.e San Francisco, Los Angeles, Grand Canyon etc because we wanted to be on the coast side of the Pacific Coast Highway to see the Spectacular coast, beaches and ocean in all their magnificent glory. When we go back one day we are definitely going to do the route again but anti clockwise

Anyone who read the original thread will know we had to do it clockwise because of the time of year we was going Oct/Nov and because of the Tioga Pass in and out of Yosemite. We couldn't risk the Tioga Pass being closed because it would've/could've threw our plans into chaos.

As it happens we had a trouble free drive from Lake Tahoe to Yosemite over the Tioga Pass, absolutely incredible is all i can say.
It was jaw dropping, the experience and memories will stay with us forever

Also we stayed an extra 2 nights in Los Angeles instead of two so that meant we had to miss two 1 night stopovers on our way back to San Francisco up the Pacific Coast Highway i.e Pismo Beach and Monterey, we was really sad about that especially Monterey because we was so looking forward to visiting the Aquarium. But hey another fantastic excuse to go back right!

All in all it was a huge success apart from definitely needing more time to fit more in but you don't know till you actually get there and see for yourself, but we are very proud of ourselves. Of course we have to mention all the many wonderful posts from so many Dibb members, a lot of whom did the same trip or part of our trip, some of the tips recommendations and advice was invaluable, thank you so so much from the bottom of our hearts. Hopefully we can pass on the benefit of our experiences now onto fellow dibbers who are thinking of setting out on their adventure of a lifetime like us. We will only be too happy to offer any advice and help we can

I will type out a full rundown with pics in the next few days.

Thanks to everyone who has visited the thread, hopefully we have planted the seeds of adventure in some of your own minds or in a lot of cases it's always been their we've just helped nudge it back to the forefront

Happy Adventuring Everyone
Old 31 May 18, 03:44 PM  
Link to this Post
Silvercat
Imagineer

Wow, that sounds amazing! I will look forward to the full rundown, as we are planning a roadtrip for June next year to include several of these places, so I will be reading this with interest!

Thank you for taking the time to do the trip report.
Old 31 May 18, 03:56 PM  
Link to this Post
dam0

Originally Posted by Silvercat View Post
Wow, that sounds amazing! I will look forward to the full rundown, as we are planning a roadtrip for June next year to include several of these places, so I will be reading this with interest!

Thank you for taking the time to do the trip report.
It's our pleasure Silvercat