Notices
Food, Wine, Cooking & Eating Discussion on all things food related. Sharing recipes and giving tips and tricks to great food.

Old 2 Oct 17, 08:03 PM  
Link to this Post
Pookie3101
Imagineer

Pookie3101's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 6
I leave mine on when I'm out at work. its usually on low for about 8 hours.

DLP NBC - 2008, DLP SL- 2009, DLP SL, 2010.
AKL - 2014, POR - 2016
Pookie3101 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Oct 17, 08:05 PM  
Link to this Post
Beth_Disney
Imagineer

I have a Hive plug and attach it to my slow cooker. I'll get everything ready before I go out in the morning and turn the slow cooker on from the Hive app mid afternoon.

I leave my washing machine, dishwasher and tumble dryer on when I go out too. I know that divides opinion!
Beth_Disney is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Oct 17, 08:13 PM  
Link to this Post
Universal VR
Imagineer

I'm a bit concerned about the dog. If he smells something good, he may try and get up to the worktop but I thought I could put it in the utility room and close the door as he can't get in there. DD3 comes home for lunch to check on the dog plus both DDs have time off in the week so we're all out every day. DD3 is a vegetarian so maybe I could do a meat dish for two days and then a veggie dish in between?
Old 2 Oct 17, 08:19 PM  
Link to this Post
macjaddie
Getting Excited

Mobile

Isn’t that the point of it?

I left mine when I had one, problem is that the kids didn’t like anything I cooked in it!
macjaddie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Oct 17, 08:19 PM  
Link to this Post
scoobydooby
VIP Dibber

Mobile

I'm out of the house for work 11 hours a day and use my slow cooker at least twice every week. I attach a timer plug so it doesn't start until the time I want for more exact timings to have it ready just at the right time. I find slow cookers so large quantities best so tend to cook double and then freeze the leftovers. That is double ease of feeding the family as well.
Old 2 Oct 17, 08:21 PM  
Link to this Post
salmon70
Imagineer

Mobile

Yes I always leave mine on. I put it on when I go to work and it's all ready and waiting for when we get home and the smell mmmmmmmm 😊.
salmon70 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Oct 17, 08:22 PM  
Link to this Post
Twin mummy
Imagineer

Twin mummy's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Mobile

Yes I do, put it on low or on a timer switch and ready when we come home. I also take it to the caravan and put it on in the awning when we go out. I make sure the dogs can't get to it though.
Old 2 Oct 17, 08:30 PM  
Link to this Post
Midges17
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Universal VR View Post
One with a timer would be useful.
I just use a normal timer plug & then plug slow cooker into it, you maybe get models that have a built in timer but not sure.
Old 2 Oct 17, 08:35 PM  
Link to this Post
pumpkin mom
Serious Dibber

Mobile

Timer plug for us. Nothing nicer than coming home and dinner is ready. Just come back to slow cooked beef with paprika and chillies. Crusty baguette 😊
Old 2 Oct 17, 08:43 PM  
Link to this Post
Elisebev
Trainee Dibber

I often go out and leave mine on to be ready when i get home at nightor put it on at night to cook through the night, then i portion it in the morning before i go out. Funnilly enough ive just sat down and opened this thread having just put chicken fillets, mango and chilli sauce, chopped onions and fresh mango in the slow cooker. Pulled chicken for dinner for tomorrow night. Yum yum. Mine has a keep warm setting so I usually put it on for aound 6 hrs on low then it just keeps warm till i come home. Usually then stir it and put it on high for an hour or so. Oh and another handy tip - slow cooker liners are fab

Edited at 08:45 PM.
Elisebev is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List