Notices
Food, Wine, Cooking & Eating Discussion on all things food related. Sharing recipes and giving tips and tricks to great food.

Old 7 Jan 18, 04:09 PM  
Link to this Post

You get a small portion of the same thing! I ordered meatloaf and got one mingy slice, DH got two. When I questioned it they said they had given me the seniors meal. At least they did change it!
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Jan 18, 04:20 PM  
Link to this Post
FloRidaLvr
VIP Dibber

Most eateries in Florida have Senior Menus and I for one am glad to get a smaller portion and pay less too. I did notice that some have now upped the age from 55 to 60 though.

Sorry OP , thanks for taking all the pics. Hope they open more branches soon especially up north!
Florida 95 to 2006, Mexico/Belize 2007, Florida 08 to 2012, California Apr 13, Detroit/Florida April 14 , Naples Nov 14, AMI May 15 , Naples Nov 15, West Coast May 16, AMI Nov 16, Naples Nov 17 , AMI May 18, Naples Nov 18, AMI May 19 , Naples Nov 19, AMI May 22, Bonita Springs Nov 22, Bonita Springs May 23

Edited at 04:21 PM.
FloRidaLvr is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Jan 18, 04:23 PM  
Link to this Post
snowbelle
Imagineer

My parents actually love the Seniors meals, we have quite a few places here that do them.
My Dad grew up in a very poor household and actually feels guilty about leaving anything on his plate, plus both he and mum just can't eat much any more and they enjoy not having to leave food.

I was actually charged for the seniors meal in Golden Corral when I was 45, which I thought was pretty funny as I always think I don't look my age ...
snowbelle is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Jan 18, 04:51 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDaffodil
Imagineer

Mobile

Thanks for posting the menu op. We are visiting our son and his fiancee who live in Swansea in a couple of weeks time so will be treating us all to breakfast. Do they stop serving from the breakfast menu at a particular time do you know?
DisneyDaffodil is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Jan 18, 05:14 PM  
Link to this Post
sparklegirl
VIP Dibber

I ordered from the over 55 menu this year and I am 41! I just don’t want as big portions and they have never refused me from it.
sparklegirl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Jan 18, 05:25 PM  
Link to this Post
Unexpectedpenny
Imagineer

Thanks for posting the photos Mrs!

Living The Dream posted a good video tour of it too on YouTube.

Originally Posted by sparklegirl View Post
I ordered from the over 55 menu this year and I am 41! I just don’t want as big portions and they have never refused me from it.
I’ve ordered from it before and I’m 28! I don’t always eat a big meal so it’s handy for that.
Unexpectedpenny is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Jan 18, 06:02 PM  
Link to this Post
EllieP
Imagineer

We visited this morning for breakfast. We live in llanelli so only about a 30 mins drive for us. We got there at 10:30 and was told there was a 45 mins wait so went for a walk and came back. Food was lovely and authentic. The pancake batter and maple syrup are brought in from US our waiter told us and they are still waiting on the coffee machine being delivered from US, so no lattes or cappuccinos available at mo. We paid £50 for 4 adult breakfasts with drinks. Hubby had the steak and eggs skillet, I had grand slam with fruit pancakes but and daughters had lumber jack breakfast. Portions were similar to those we’ve had in Orlando and I am still stuffed! Will definitely return.

Edited at 06:04 PM.
EllieP is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Jan 18, 06:05 PM  
Link to this Post
EllieP
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by DisneyDaffodil View Post
Thanks for posting the menu op. We are visiting our son and his fiancee who live in Swansea in a couple of weeks time so will be treating us all to breakfast. Do they stop serving from the breakfast menu at a particular time do you know?
Hi,
No, all food served all day they told us this morning.
EllieP is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Jan 18, 07:06 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDaffodil
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by EllieP View Post
Hi,
No, all food served all day they told us this morning.
Thanks Ellie, that's good news as we live an hour away so won't need to get up too early to get a breakfast. Looking forward to some pancakes 😊
DisneyDaffodil is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Jan 18, 07:38 PM  
Link to this Post
4holibobs
VIP Dibber

Oh wow! Thanks for posting... Swansea is too far for us, but hopefully they will open up at a few other locations!
4holibobs is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List