Notices
Beyond the Parks Attractions that are not covered by the main Theme Parks.

Old 8 Apr 19, 03:51 PM  
Link to this Post
Hil
VIP Dibber

Fort Myers Beach - recommendations?

Looking for any recommendations for places to stay on Estero Island / Fort Myers Beach, please We're planning to stay for four nights as part of our Florida trip in November.

We've been here several times over the past twenty-odd years, and always stayed in the Pink Shell Resort at the northern end. We love the resort, the location (with ease of access to the mainland), facilities, etc., but I'm struggling to justify paying Pink Shell prices! It's never been a bargain, but it just seems to be getting more and more expensive every year. DH is reluctant to try anywhere else as he feels we'll be disappointed, and thinks we should just accept that's what it costs if that's what we know we like.

I'm always trying to get the best deal, and the Pink Shell price goes very much against the grain, even though I love it there!

Any suggestions for a cheaper, but suitable, alternative, please?
Hil is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Apr 19, 09:12 PM  
Link to this Post
scooby99
Imagineer

Seems hard for others to comment without knowing the price you’re trying to beat.

Edited at 09:14 PM.
scooby99 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Apr 19, 09:49 PM  
Link to this Post
LLamb
Imagineer

Mobile

We have stayed at the Diamond Head Beach resort. Nice rooms, pool and laundry facilities.
Would definitely stay again, slightly further down than pink shell but definitely still walkable to the restaurants in time square.
Usually slightly cheaper than pink shell.
LLamb is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Apr 19, 10:09 PM  
Link to this Post
Cloverlady
Imagineer

Have stayed at Best Western Fort Myers Beach and would stay again. It's right on the beach front itself and we had a room with a balcony which overlooked the sea directly.
Rooms were nice and also had basic cooking facilities and a huge fridge freezer. We had a rate which included buffet breakfast, we sat at outside tables in the gardens, it was nice.
We really enjoyed our stay. We walked into the town at sunset along the beach, nice easy walk.
Cloverlady is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Apr 19, 09:59 AM  
Link to this Post
Hil
VIP Dibber

Thanks for the suggestions - I'll check them out!

The Best Western and Diamond Head are both resorts we've looked at in the past, as they seemed to tick a lot of our boxes, so it's really helpful to hear recommendations from others who have stayed there.
Old 30 Jan 20, 11:27 PM  
Link to this Post
HermioneFuzzle
Excited about Disney

Hi!
Sorry to resurrect this thread, but did you find another hotel? We are looking at the Pink Shell Resort but it's a bit pricey. Was breakfast included in your stay? The rates differ according to the site you book with, some openly offer the free breakfast, some say room only, even though the hotel's own website states free breakfast for 2 guests.
If breakfast is openly offered to all guests, then BA is the cheapest for us, including resort fees. If not, then loveholidays may be the next best, even though it can't agree on it's own website whether breakfast is included or not!
I'd give BA a call but I can't get the time at the moment, have tried messaging them, but they've asked me to call!
Apologies for hijacking the thread OP!
HermioneFuzzle is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Jan 20, 10:12 AM  
Link to this Post
Hil
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by HermioneFuzzle View Post
Hi!
Sorry to resurrect this thread, but did you find another hotel? We are looking at the Pink Shell Resort but it's a bit pricey. Was breakfast included in your stay? The rates differ according to the site you book with, some openly offer the free breakfast, some say room only, even though the hotel's own website states free breakfast for 2 guests.
If breakfast is openly offered to all guests, then BA is the cheapest for us, including resort fees. If not, then loveholidays may be the next best, even though it can't agree on it's own website whether breakfast is included or not!
I'd give BA a call but I can't get the time at the moment, have tried messaging them, but they've asked me to call!
Apologies for hijacking the thread OP!
Coincidentally, we've just been checking prices this morning for our trip this October! Thanks to your post, I'm going to check BA :-)

Yes, we have always had breakfast for two included whenever we've stayed at Pink Shell (even when there were four of us, it was still breakfast for two) and it is a really good breakfast!

The real sting in the tail for us is the resort fee (of approx £30? per night). The first couple of times we stayed the resort fee had been included in the price we paid in advance, but the last few times it's been an add-on once at the resort. It really bumps up the cost from what is already an expensive stay!
Old 31 Jan 20, 10:32 AM  
Link to this Post
HermioneFuzzle
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Originally Posted by Hil View Post
Coincidentally, we've just been checking prices this morning for our trip this October! Thanks to your post, I'm going to check BA :-)

Yes, we have always had breakfast for two included whenever we've stayed at Pink Shell (even when there were four of us, it was still breakfast for two) and it is a really good breakfast!

The real sting in the tail for us is the resort fee (of approx £30? per night). The first couple of times we stayed the resort fee had been included in the price we paid in advance, but the last few times it's been an add-on once at the resort. It really bumps up the cost from what is already an expensive stay!
The resort fee is a joke! It’s a dreadful way of bumping up prices in a very underhand way, and is an annoying thing to factor in when you’re there, instead of packaging it up with the cost of the trip. Drives me nuts.
Please let me know if you can fathom out the BA offering (breakfast or not!).
Thanks!
HermioneFuzzle is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Feb 20, 12:23 PM  
Link to this Post
Hil
VIP Dibber

Thank you so much for resurrecting this thread as I've just booked through BA for a lot less than we had been looking at!

Originally Posted by HermioneFuzzle View Post
The resort fee is a joke! It’s a dreadful way of bumping up prices in a very underhand way, and is an annoying thing to factor in when you’re there, instead of packaging it up with the cost of the trip. Drives me nuts.
Please let me know if you can fathom out the BA offering (breakfast or not!).
Thanks!
Do you have any AVIOS? We used some to get the total cost down a bit more and the AVIOS booking states that it includes a 'breakfast offer'. Doesn't say what that offer is, but I hope it means it's included! (Even if you use only 1,000 avios you could save £100 and get the breakfast offer).
Old 1 Feb 20, 04:17 PM  
Link to this Post
HermioneFuzzle
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Originally Posted by Hil View Post
Thank you so much for resurrecting this thread as I've just booked through BA for a lot less than we had been looking at!

Do you have any AVIOS? We used some to get the total cost down a bit more and the AVIOS booking states that it includes a 'breakfast offer'. Doesn't say what that offer is, but I hope it means it's included! (Even if you use only 1,000 avios you could save £100 and get the breakfast offer).
Thanks for this. Am looking on BA now- on the passengers page of the booking. Where/how do you add in the avios points for payment? I’m scared to click onto the next page as I want to add to a current booking, but I also want to see if the avios thing works first!