Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 22 Oct 19, 01:39 PM  
Link to this Post
fleur_charms
Apprentice Imagineer

Anyone booked Norwegian through Netflights?

Just pricing up my flights and although I'm hesitant to book through Norwegian I've just noticed if you book with them through Netflights it says luggage entitlement is 2 x 20kg each, both outbound and return. Can anyone confirm if that's the case?
fleur_charms is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Oct 19, 01:50 PM  
Link to this Post
itsmeGAV
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by fleur_charms View Post
Just pricing up my flights and although I'm hesitant to book through Norwegian I've just noticed if you book with them through Netflights it says luggage entitlement is 2 x 20kg each, both outbound and return. Can anyone confirm if that's the case?
We flew Norwegian in March with the same allowance... however we got our tickets from Lastminute but yes it's x2 20kg each, each way.

No issues flying Norwegian, great flight in fact on a 2 year old Dreamliner. One thing to note however, the tickets are the absolute basic you can get meaning no choice of seats or any food etc... but I spoke to someone via their online chat and advised my partner is afraid of flying who then in turn booked us free of charge bulkhead (extra leg room seats), if you don't ask you don't get!
Jan 24 - Family timeshare, Vacation Villages at Parkway
Mar 25 - Family timeshare, Holiday Inn Club Vacations @ Orange Lake
itsmeGAV is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Oct 19, 03:59 PM  
Link to this Post
katie786
Earning More Ears

Are you booking Premium or Economy? I flew with Norwegian to orlando last month, on the LowFare+ fare and it was definitely only 1x 20kg per person. I think if it's a 'Flex' class economy ticket then it's 2 each, but sometimes the Flex economy ticket is more expensive than a premium!
katie786 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Oct 19, 04:13 PM  
Link to this Post
Pupbelly
Very Serious Dibber

We have been with them and yes all was good, clean, plenty of luggage allowance, however double check how many times they fly because we had an issue with our flight home and were literally stranded in MCO airport because the plane had broken down, it was late evening and they didn't have another plane due in for two days! It was a complete farce to be honest and really poorly handled as the pilots & crew were sent off to hotels to "relax" all of the passengers were left in the airport wondering what the hell to do. Had to sleep on the floor of the airport in the end due to being lied to about overnight accommodation being arranged. No airport staff could help. I know it was a random situation but the (lack of) frequency of Norwegian flights meant it was more of a problem than if it was say BA or Virgin.
Rant over!
Pupbelly is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Oct 19, 04:40 PM  
Link to this Post
fleur_charms
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by itsmeGAV View Post
We flew Norwegian in March with the same allowance... however we got our tickets from Lastminute but yes it's x2 20kg each, each way.

No issues flying Norwegian, great flight in fact on a 2 year old Dreamliner. One thing to note however, the tickets are the absolute basic you can get meaning no choice of seats or any food etc... but I spoke to someone via their online chat and advised my partner is afraid of flying who then in turn booked us free of charge bulkhead (extra leg room seats), if you don't ask you don't get!
Interesting, wonder if it's a deal that these TAs get?

Originally Posted by katie786 View Post
Are you booking Premium or Economy? I flew with Norwegian to orlando last month, on the LowFare+ fare and it was definitely only 1x 20kg per person. I think if it's a 'Flex' class economy ticket then it's 2 each, but sometimes the Flex economy ticket is more expensive than a premium!
It doesn't even show the different options, it just says the flight info and that you get 2x checked bags each!
fleur_charms is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Oct 19, 04:57 PM  
Link to this Post
Floridarules
VIP Dibber

Mobile

I have been looking, thanks didn’t realise it may be different with net flights. Will check it out 👍😄
Marriott Motel, IDrive 1991, Davenport 2009, Windsor Palms 2010, 2012, Windsor Palms/RPR 2014, Windsor Palms, RPR, HRH 2016, Anna Maria, RPR, HRH & Windsor Palms 2018, Miami, Orlando, Anna Maria & Naples 2019. Orlando/HRH Easter 2022 & Miami/Orlando/RPR/Anna Maria/Naples 2022, Orlando 2023, Exploring Tampa 2024, Family relaxation at Anna Maria 2024
Floridarules is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Oct 19, 10:48 AM  
Link to this Post
itsmeGAV
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by fleur_charms View Post
Interesting, wonder if it's a deal that these TAs get?
It must be, maybe a promotion for TA's or something.. however other than the luggage allowance, the ticket is the lowest tiered ticket they offer.

Originally Posted by katie786 View Post
As above, I got pretty much the same deal but from Lastminute.com.. so maybe it's a promo that Norwegian offer TA's or something along those lines.
Jan 24 - Family timeshare, Vacation Villages at Parkway
Mar 25 - Family timeshare, Holiday Inn Club Vacations @ Orange Lake

Edited at 01:19 PM.
itsmeGAV is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Oct 19, 12:29 PM  
Link to this Post
sandshal
Imagineer

Mobile

We got it last year too ... 2 x 20kg each. That was Norwegian booked through Netflights ... worked perfectly

sandshal is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Oct 19, 01:22 PM  
Link to this Post
fleur_charms
Apprentice Imagineer

Damn! Wish I'd booked now, the flights I was looking at have disappeared from Netflights now!
Old 27 Oct 19, 10:43 AM  
Link to this Post
fleur_charms
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

It's back!