Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 25 Oct 19, 08:45 PM  
Link to this Post
tspill
Imagineer

Originally Posted by MENTALMUM View Post
Thanks for that information, didn't know you could upgrade meals, are there any more upgrades, anything similar to virgin economy delight or TUI extra legroom. I am trying to persuade DH to fly out economy and business back but not convinced him yet.
Yes - if in economy, definitely do the meal upgrade. A nice treat at the start of the holiday.
tspill is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Oct 19, 06:17 PM  
Link to this Post
Alibayparc
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by MENTALMUM View Post
Thanks for that information, didn't know you could upgrade meals, are there any more upgrades, anything similar to virgin economy delight or TUI extra legroom. I am trying to persuade DH to fly out economy and business back but not convinced him yet.
Hi
You can book, and pay, for extra legroom seats but they’re at the exits so some restrictions.
Alex
Alibayparc is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Oct 19, 09:58 AM  
Link to this Post
Minnie Mum
Imagineer

Mobile

Following with interest. Thinking of booking AL for Aug 21 😊
Minnie Mum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Oct 19, 10:47 AM  
Link to this Post
Potterer
Very Serious Dibber

We flew with Aer Lingus twice, both times from Dublin. Last time we came back business class and it was the best money we spent. We were on an old plane so not the new refurbished planes so no storage in the seat area. But very comfy lie flat bed which was sheer bliss. There are videos on YouTube showing the new business class on Aer Lingus.

Pre-clearance is incredible, far rather do that before we board the plane and we used 51st and Green lounge too both times.

We book a separate ticket for the Man-Dub bit as Dh is a worrier (understatement) so we fly in the day before, stay overnight at Premier Inn Dublin Airport which is a short taxi ride away. We got on a shuttle bus from PI back to the airport.

When we landed back we went into the business class lounge which again was lovely. Comfy seats, nice coffee although the food offerings were not that varied or great. Maybe because it is breakfast time.

But we are heading back in 2021 and definitely flying this route again. Self check in at Dublin airport is a breeze.
August 2019 CBBR & RPR Club level Post GCSE treat
Potterer is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Oct 19, 11:00 AM  
Link to this Post
Chris106
Apprentice Imagineer

Also following as booked Man-Dub-Mia with Aer Lingus this week for next August.
Chris106 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Oct 19, 11:20 AM  
Link to this Post
All at sea
Trying for More Ears

We’ve booked this route Man-Dub-Mco in July.
Does anyone know the check in time at Manchester? Is it classed as international therefore 3 hrs? Myself and other half can’t decide! Any input would be extremely helpful.
All at sea is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Oct 19, 12:30 PM  
Link to this Post
alexisemma31
Imagineer

Originally Posted by All at sea View Post
We’ve booked this route Man-Dub-Mco in July.
Does anyone know the check in time at Manchester? Is it classed as international therefore 3 hrs? Myself and other half can’t decide! Any input would be extremely helpful.
If you've booked Man-Dub-Mco as a through fare (i.e. altogether as one booking) then yes you check in 3 hours before at Manchester. What date do you fly?
Old 27 Oct 19, 12:47 PM  
Link to this Post
Spooky
Getting Excited

Originally Posted by alexisemma31 View Post
If you've booked Man-Dub-Mco as a through fare (i.e. altogether as one booking) then yes you check in 3 hours before at Manchester. What date do you fly?
Actually I wondered about that, we are flying BHX-DUB-MCO soon and the Birmingham flight takes off at 08:15!
So that is one early start if we need to check in at 5:15am... anyone know if are Lingus are definitely open at that time?
Spooky is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Oct 19, 02:34 PM  
Link to this Post
All at sea
Trying for More Ears

Originally Posted by alexisemma31 View Post
Thank you, we fly on 10th July
All at sea is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Oct 19, 03:50 PM  
Link to this Post
mousefan
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by Spooky View Post
Actually I wondered about that, we are flying BHX-DUB-MCO soon and the Birmingham flight takes off at 08:15!
So that is one early start if we need to check in at 5:15am... anyone know if are Lingus are definitely open at that time?
AL desks will open 2 hours before take off, sometimes a little earlier. Passengers tend to queue up before check in opens so, if you want to get checked in quickly, it might be worth arriving earlier. The queue can be very slow. If you’re flying Business there’s a separate queue and you’ll move very quickly. This will be the desk on the far left. There are normally two economy check in desks.

One thing to mention-in August our check in agent at Bhx asked to see our ESTAs; never had that before but I’d got copies with me.
mousefan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List