Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 28 Oct 19, 06:29 PM  
Link to this Post
Andybear
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by princess allie View Post
Good idea, but not all airports provide them, as I found out to my cost this year.
I didn't know that.
Andybear is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Oct 19, 06:33 PM  
Link to this Post
Andybear
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Wozi View Post
I watched a vlog yesterday on YouTube where a couple flying from Gatwick (That UK Disney Couple) were told the plastic cases/bags like the one above were not acceptable despite having used it only a week or so before. They were told they could only use the clear bags provided and only 1 each.

To be honest, we don’t tend to put any liquids in our hand luggage, so haven’t run into any problems.
Same here. The only liquid I put in my hand luggage is an Impulse body spray.
Andybear is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Oct 19, 06:45 PM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Wozi View Post
I watched a vlog yesterday on YouTube where a couple flying from Gatwick (That UK Disney Couple) were told the plastic cases/bags like the one above were not acceptable despite having used it only a week or so before. They were told they could only use the clear bags provided and only 1 each.

To be honest, we don’t tend to put any liquids in our hand luggage, so haven’t run into any problems.
I’ve used a plastic toiletries bag like the one pictured since the restrictions were put in place. Only once (at Edinburgh I think) have I been asked to put my liquids in one of their bags.

Trip Report Index
sha9 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Oct 19, 08:02 PM  
Link to this Post
GBScott
Trying for More Ears

Mobile

Originally Posted by mike4scuba View Post
certain airports and airlines aren't doing twilight check in now. we were going to do it at Gatwick with tui on Friday but not available
We are flying with Virgin from Gatwick and it’s on our booking and app
GBScott is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Oct 19, 08:47 PM  
Link to this Post
Kraken
Imagineer

I've had a jobsworth security screener at Luton tell me the airport issued plastic bag (£1 for 2 from a vending machine at the time) "makes a difference to the x-ray image"... what tosh. Made a difference to the airports profit more like.

At every other airport apart from lovely Luton, I've had zero problems with my zip-lock Airbag, which is 8x8inches / 20x20cm & fairly heavy duty - has been serving me well since the liquid rules came in, back in 2006.
Kraken is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Oct 19, 09:16 PM  
Link to this Post
scoobydooby
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by Nimbus View Post
The ziplock plastic bags you get at the airport (well, some airports) for free are reusable. I've reused mine dozens of times. I've never bought any plastic bags for flights.

At Manchester airport you can get them at the entrance to security before you join the queue.
Well it was one of those I used from a Manchester. Rubbish no better than a butty bag. Split on the return journey. So was a one use bag. I am very pleased with my Amazon ones. Better zipper and definitely more substantial.
Old 28 Oct 19, 09:34 PM  
Link to this Post
mike4scuba
Imagineer

mike4scuba's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Mobile

Originally Posted by GBScott View Post
We are flying with Virgin from Gatwick and it’s on our booking and app
Maybe it's because they fly into orlando international and not sanford
mike4scuba is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Oct 19, 10:08 PM  
Link to this Post
Astrid
Imagineer

Astrid's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
I always use a bag similar to the one in the photos posted by a previous member and have yet to have a problem with security.

I work at Southampton Airport and you’d be surprised the number of people who try to take through more than one see through bag and also don’t think they need to seal the bag.

Have to say there are always bags provided at Southampton but they’re not the strongest so can’t see them lasting more than a couple of trips.

October '89 - Quality Inn; March '99 & March '01 - Comfort Inn LBV; March '02 - ASMu; May '03 - Royal Plaza, Hard Rock & Polynesian;
December '03 - Grand Marriot, Hard Rock & Dolphin; May '04 - Dolphin & WDW Yacht Club
October '05 - Hard Rock & Villa; May/June '07 - Villa & RPH; Feb '09 - Villa; Oct/Nov '13 - Villa
April '18 - Hard Rock; Sept ‘19 - Villa
Astrid is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Oct 19, 10:08 PM  
Link to this Post
ChrisS
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Kraken View Post
I've had a jobsworth security screener at Luton tell me the airport issued plastic bag (£1 for 2 from a vending machine at the time) "makes a difference to the x-ray image"... what tosh. Made a difference to the airports profit more like.

At every other airport apart from lovely Luton, I've had zero problems with my zip-lock Airbag, which is 8x8inches / 20x20cm & fairly heavy duty - has been serving me well since the liquid rules came in, back in 2006.
Flying out from Ncl a while ago, after security I was putting my gear back into my backpack when a lass came up with a £1 coin and a 100ml bottle in her hand, they'd sent her to buy a bag from the machine. Hang on hin, use mine and bring it back please - worked perfectly, she saved £1 and I had mine back couple of minutes later

We've only once been asked about the amount in our Ziplock bag - after security ascertained bagged items were for us both they put it thro, so we carry a spare Ziplock, just in case.
Old 28 Oct 19, 11:48 PM  
Link to this Post
Kraken
Imagineer

Originally Posted by ChrisS View Post
Flying out from Ncl a while ago, after security I was putting my gear back into my backpack when a lass came up with a £1 coin and a 100ml bottle in her hand, they'd sent her to buy a bag from the machine. Hang on hin, use mine and bring it back please - worked perfectly, she saved £1 and I had mine back couple of minutes later

We've only once been asked about the amount in our Ziplock bag - after security ascertained bagged items were for us both they put it thro, so we carry a spare Ziplock, just in case.
That sounds like a complete security breach to me... allowing someone through security, with an un-screened bottle of liquid circa 100ml. Surely the machines to buy a bag should only be available before security?

A 100ml bottle of "something sinister" does not have to make it onto an aircraft to cause chaos - the departure lounges are not exactly quiet places.
Kraken is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List