Notices
Tickets Theme Park Ticket questions and advice

Old 22 Jul 20, 10:14 AM  
Link to this Post
bighal
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Bellasmummy View Post
Lots of talk online that refunds will be based on how many times you used your pass to work out what pass would have been better value.

That seems really wrong to me as our pass entitles us to use it everyday. Also those that pay monthly had their payments stopped for the period of closure.

I feel a strongly worded complaint coming on if that’s how they work out the refunds.
That won't be true. Its basically the cost of the pass divided by 365 and then multiplied by the number of days left on your pass.

Next Trip Feb '24
Jun98 Apr99 Dec99 Apr00 Mar03 Jun/Jul04 Dec/Jan05/06 Jul06 Dec06 Jun/Jul08 Jun/Jul09 Jul/Aug11 Sep13 Jun/Jul14 Nov15 Sep16 Villa/BWV May18 Villa/BLT/AKL Sept19 Villa/AKL Feb/Mar20 AKL/SSR Sep22 AKL Apr/May 23 CS/CC/AKL Nov 23 SSR Feb/Mar 24 RR/BR
bighal is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jul 20, 10:23 AM  
Link to this Post
vampiress88
Imagineer

Mobile

Mine haven’t been extended at all.

They put in the request for the refund by email but took nothing more than my email address.

vampiress88 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jul 20, 11:57 AM  
Link to this Post
Birtie
slightly serious Dibber

Mine has been extended by the extra month, but not for the time the parks were closed.
Birtie's Trip ReportsOct95~QIP,Aug97~HJ Universal Tower/Wedding,Aug03~BWMovieland/BWPlaza,Feb05~BW ML/POR,Aug07~CBR,Aug08~Rosen Plaza/Marriott Suites Clearwater, Aug09~OKW,Xmas10~ASMu, Aug11~POR,Aug12~POR, Aug13~DCL Med,Xmas13~ASMu, Aug14~RPR/POR,Feb15~Shingle Creek,Aug15~SSR/DCL Western/BC,May16~DCL Norway, Dec 16~BCV/RPR/SSR, Aug 17~AKL/DCL/POL,Aug 19~POR/DCL/BRV,Jan 20~SSR/Vero/RCL,Mar 22~ESSS/SSR,Aug 22 Road Trip, Nov 23~ESSS/SSR/DCL Wish/GF
Birtie is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jul 20, 05:03 PM  
Link to this Post
stace
Imagineer

hi all,

looking for advice regarding my ap - it was due to originally expire at the end of july.

I was orginally planned to go to wdw at the end of june - making use of my ap.
This was cancelled and changed to end of july
this was cancelled again and changed to end of august

this has now been cancelled again.

Therefore my query is i am looking to change my flights to end of october to use my ap but disney need to know if i want a refund or not by 11 august.
However if i book my oct flights they could possibly get cancelled again nearer the time.

I have called disney yesterday and the cast member spoke to a supervisor re this she firstly said cancel the ap and order a uk ultimate ticket to which i stated these are not on sale for 2020 which she was unaware of. She then just said i would need to call back nearer to 11th august to see if anything had changed or any other options added.

However my query is if i now change my flight to end of october - ringing nearer to the 11 aug re my annual pass is irrelevant as i would then not be able to change my flights again to another date etc. I cannot even purchase a new ap to cover this as they aren't on sale either.

I have emailed disney to query this as i am in limbo and have no idea what is the best option to do.

I have also read on another forum that someone spoke with a cast member re the annual passes and there is rumour they may offer a pause your fast pass option?

any advise welcome
thanks
stacey
stace is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jul 20, 05:04 PM  
Link to this Post
Bellasmummy
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by bighal View Post
That won't be true. Its basically the cost of the pass divided by 365 and then multiplied by the number of days left on your pass.
That’s what I thought it would be too.
Bellasmummy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jul 20, 09:47 PM  
Link to this Post
timnlaura
slightly serious Dibber

Thanks everyone. Ideally I would want them to pause them too. I’m away to google how much the platinum plus passes are!
timnlaura is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jul 20, 10:30 PM  
Link to this Post
Dazed
VIP Dibber

We got the original extension of time closed plus 1 month. We then got an extra month added this week. Our original expiry date was 23/01/21 moved to 21/05/21 now 19/06/21 but no use to us unless we can get in the country!
Dazed is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Jul 20, 07:39 AM  
Link to this Post
gismo1554
Imagineer

Originally Posted by stace View Post
hi all,

looking for advice regarding my ap - it was due to originally expire at the end of july.

I was orginally planned to go to wdw at the end of june - making use of my ap.
This was cancelled and changed to end of july
this was cancelled again and changed to end of august

this has now been cancelled again.

Therefore my query is i am looking to change my flights to end of october to use my ap but disney need to know if i want a refund or not by 11 august.
However if i book my oct flights they could possibly get cancelled again nearer the time.

I have called disney yesterday and the cast member spoke to a supervisor re this she firstly said cancel the ap and order a uk ultimate ticket to which i stated these are not on sale for 2020 which she was unaware of. She then just said i would need to call back nearer to 11th august to see if anything had changed or any other options added.

However my query is if i now change my flight to end of october - ringing nearer to the 11 aug re my annual pass is irrelevant as i would then not be able to change my flights again to another date etc. I cannot even purchase a new ap to cover this as they aren't on sale either.

I have emailed disney to query this as i am in limbo and have no idea what is the best option to do.

I have also read on another forum that someone spoke with a cast member re the annual passes and there is rumour they may offer a pause your fast pass option?

any advise welcome
thanks
stacey
I genuinely wouldn't trust them to definitely not add this option or to definitely add it. People have mentioned they've been offered it but I've not been even though specifically asked for it multiple times. I've gone with the refund option as not holding out just in case the later options are even worse. The CM I spoke with to cancel said he wasn't sure there would be any further options after the 11th August but that means nothing really as they all seem to say different things and change their minds most days.

I know it will cost more but Disney are still selling US tickets for this year so I'd be inclined to cancel and then purchase those personally. It depends if you would rather risk it or not I guess. There is no sign of the US allowing any form of ESTA entry yet and this may well delay the flights even further.

I would also check how much the refund is likely to be and decide whether its worth it or not i.e. could you afford to loose it. From the sounds of it you have about 3 months pass I'm guessing so it would be around $300 (can't remember exact price of AP). You'd only get around 3 days I think of single day tickets which isn't great so if you can hold off and risk not getting anything back then I probably would weighing it up. Mine was 6 months and I decided it wasn't worth the risk as the chance of going in the time period was so low.
Old 23 Jul 20, 07:43 AM  
Link to this Post
gismo1554
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Dazed View Post
We got the original extension of time closed plus 1 month. We then got an extra month added this week. Our original expiry date was 23/01/21 moved to 21/05/21 now 19/06/21 but no use to us unless we can get in the country!
Not arguing with you but just to clarify, your first extension was only for the number of days the park was closed (118 days) not the plus 1 month. I am sad enough to have set up a spreadsheet so I could check mine.

Edited at 07:45 AM.
gismo1554 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jul 20, 09:11 PM  
Link to this Post
timnlaura
slightly serious Dibber

I used online chat yesterday and have received emails confirmations for our 4 platinum plus passes. I think it’s about 5 months that we have left. No idea when the refund will come through tho.
timnlaura is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List