Notices
Food, Wine, Cooking & Eating Discussion on all things food related. Sharing recipes and giving tips and tricks to great food.

Old 2 Sep 20, 06:18 PM  
Link to this Post
MissB87
slightly serious Dibber

I’ve had Gousto quite a bit and really enjoy a lot of the meals!

Tried Hello Fresh recently with the first 4 week offer, meh! This week so far is the 4th week and the only week something isn’t missing or late. Good with money off future box but I feel like the poor control methods lead to the higher prices. The ingredients aren’t ££ the meals are meals I’d mostly easily make at home. Whereas Gousto are bit more different! Better flavours and more choice.

Going back to Gousto just would like 5 days a week 😄
MissB87 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Sep 20, 07:41 PM  
Link to this Post
djewkes
VIP Dibber

We’ve used both, and it has really broadened the range of what we eat... my DH was a reluctant pasta eater and a bit funny at trying new things, we’ve been using the boxes off and off for well over a year and he eats almost anything now...
What we have found...
1. In our area HF use DPD and Gousto use Hermes, we prefer DPD as Hermes is a bit hit and miss
2. Gousto have improved their packing but HF is easier to sort as most stuff is in the individual bags
3. Both have a number of recipes that use “premium” ingredients that cost extra, but most of the other meals use mince or chicken as the protein, or are vegetarian.
4. You need to check the menu or the ingredients to make sure you plan to use them before they pass their sell by dates
5. We found both got repetitive after a while and sometimes meals are very similar.
If you cancel then you will get more offers to start again...

May 2012 3 weeks Highgate villa, RPR & Barefoot Beach Resort
May 2010 2 weeks The Point Orlando Resort & Clearwater
djewkes is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Sep 20, 07:45 PM  
Link to this Post
mskitty
Imagineer

Djewkes.. our Gousto now comes with packaged ingredients and they use DPD in our area so I wonder if different distribution centres operate differently. I've also noticed that the recipes that some social media influencers get delivered aren't available on our order which always disappoints me!
mskitty is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Sep 20, 07:47 PM  
Link to this Post
BucksBugsy
All round good bloke

Mobile

Originally Posted by mskitty View Post
Djewkes.. our Gousto now comes with packaged ingredients and they use DPD in our area so I wonder if different distribution centres operate differently. I've also noticed that the recipes that some social media influencers get delivered aren't available on our order which always disappoints me!
I hope our Gousto comes by DPD because I have had good experiences of their delivery services
Old 2 Sep 20, 09:41 PM  
Link to this Post
Anne
VIP Dibber

Gousto user here. Here on a Monday it's DPD and on a Tuesday it's Hermes. Never had a problem with either. Stopped Gousto towards the end of last year but have restarted again. Looked at Hello Fresh but was never tempted by their offerings.
Anne is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Sep 20, 07:06 PM  
Link to this Post
anna68
VIP Dibber

anna68's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Mobile

We have done hello fresh since December last year. We do 3 meals a week. We absolutely love it.
anna68 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Sep 20, 06:59 AM  
Link to this Post
BucksBugsy
All round good bloke

Mobile

Our first gousto box is due today. They emailed last week to say they had to make a couple of subs but I guess that happens from time to time.

I believe its being delivered by Yodel who at one time had a bad name so fingers crossed !
Old 7 Sep 20, 08:40 PM  
Link to this Post
BucksBugsy
All round good bloke

Mobile

Just to bring you up to date - our first box arrived today ready for 4 meals starting Tuesday. Very impressed with the packing - not so sure about the protein portion sizes. First meal tomorrow night then !
Old 7 Sep 20, 08:41 PM  
Link to this Post
Anne
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by BerkshireBugsy View Post
Just to bring you up to date - our first box arrived today ready for 4 meals starting Tuesday. Very impressed with the packing - not so sure about the protein portion sizes. First meal tomorrow night then !
What are you having?
Anne is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Sep 20, 08:44 PM  
Link to this Post
BucksBugsy
All round good bloke

Originally Posted by Anne View Post
What are you having?
I will be back to let you know what we think

BucksBugsy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List