Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 30 Sep 20, 03:46 PM  
Link to this Post
dil2373
Getting Excited

BA seat choice prices

Hi really sorry if this has been asked before.
We are planning to travel next September by BA LGW to Tampa September 21, economy out & business return (a treat for my 85 year old Mother in law)
Does anyone know what the charge is to reserve seats. as we need to sit next to her.
thanks
Old 30 Sep 20, 03:53 PM  
Link to this Post
stanleycamel
VIP Dibber

stanleycamel's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by dil2373 View Post
Hi really sorry if this has been asked before.
We are planning to travel next September by BA LGW to Tampa September 21, economy out & business return (a treat for my 85 year old Mother in law)
Does anyone know what the charge is to reserve seats. as we need to sit next to her.
thanks
It depends on where you sit - try a dummy booking for 1 replicating your dates and the page after where you put the name and contact details will show what the costs are. Then just come out of the website.

Would your MIL need assistance onboard due to a disability as that may qualify you for free seating - full details can be found on the BA website.

britishairways/en-gb...ving-your-seat

I assume that no one in the travelling party is a BAEC member with Silver status or above.

Edited at 04:02 PM.
stanleycamel is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Sep 20, 04:19 PM  
Link to this Post
dil2373
Getting Excited

Originally Posted by stanleycamel View Post
It depends on where you sit - try a dummy booking for 1 replicating your dates and the page after where you put the name and contact details will show what the costs are. Then just come out of the website.

Would your MIL need assistance onboard due to a disability as that may qualify you for free seating - full details can be found on the BA website.

britishairways/en-gb...ving-your-seat

I assume that no one in the travelling party is a BAEC member with Silver status or above.
Hi just bronze status but I will try the assistance route as she would need help. Thank you for you help
Old 30 Sep 20, 08:10 PM  
Link to this Post
hawk299
Getting Excited

To add to this, can anyone give a rough estimate on a standard £33 seat would cost in Avios points (you have to go through with the booking to see it)

Is it 1000's or 10'000's+
hawk299 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Oct 20, 06:46 AM  
Link to this Post
Wazowskiscar
Excited about Disney

If I remember correctly a business class seat was around 60-80 quid each to book when I last did it a couple of years ago.

Economy (I almost booked for mine to America but never did thankfully otherwise that would have been more money to claw back) - Exit rows started as £85 to book ( and rose to £100). Front section of economy cost more, I believe some seats were around £15 and some were more... memory is failing though! For the sake of comfort tbh it’s just part of the price really. Business you can’t go too wrong (I prefer the window but would want to be stuck in that middle pair with a stranger. Also the window requires a bit of a hop over someone’s legs to get out unless your at the back row)
Economy though, definitely pay, most do, keep an eye on the seat map in Manage my Booking and if it starts to fill up rapidly, book!
Wazowskiscar is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Oct 20, 08:32 AM  
Link to this Post
ABZDisney
Stuck in the Tower of Terror

I hate BA's policy of charging to reserve seats especially in Club & First & now actively avoid flying them across the Atlantic unless I have no other choice.
However if you don't qualify for free seat assignment & sitting together is important then it's worth paying to reserve.
November 2014 at Old Key West & The Yacht Club
November 2012 at The Swan
ABZDisney is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Oct 20, 09:02 AM  
Link to this Post
stanleycamel
VIP Dibber

stanleycamel's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by ABZDisney View Post
I hate BA's policy of charging to reserve seats especially in Club & First & now actively avoid flying them across the Atlantic unless I have no other choice.
However if you don't qualify for free seat assignment & sitting together is important then it's worth paying to reserve.
Just for information BA don't charge for seating in First - but I do feel that their Club seat costs are high.
stanleycamel is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Oct 20, 09:06 AM  
Link to this Post
Jay_
Getting to know the DIBB

For our booking in June '21 seats are between £89-£117 per seat per flight in Club World.

Slightly annoying considering the flight price to begin with, but hey, that's the rules.

I would add that I feel it is 100% worth it in Economy to get a better seat (i.e more legroom, nearer the front etc). We flew out a few years ago in Economy, but on an exit row, and it was brilliant, even for me at 6'4. Worth the small price for 9hrs-odd of comfort.

Edited at 09:09 AM.
Jay_ is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Oct 20, 09:29 AM  
Link to this Post
Kat11
VIP Dibber

Mobile

We have club seats for next July (going to exchange for vouchers) they had a 20% off sale on the seats which ranged from £70-£85 per seat now they’ve gone up to between £89-£108! That would add £800 onto our booking if we were to purchase seats. Another One of the reasons we are going to exchange for vouchers and use them for hotel bookings instead.

Kat
WDW: Onsite: HRH/POFQ - October 2019
WDW: Partner Hotel: Hilton LBV @ DS & RPR - April 2022
DLC: LA - San Fran inc: DLC & Universal - Aug/Sept 2023
Kat11 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Oct 20, 12:30 PM  
Link to this Post
Peko
Imagineer

Originally Posted by hawk299 View Post
To add to this, can anyone give a rough estimate on a standard £33 seat would cost in Avios points (you have to go through with the booking to see it)

Is it 1000's or 10'000's+
Thousands rather than tens of thousands for a £33 reservation. Not sure of the current "exchange rate" BA is using for this, but would guess this would cost in the region of 6,000 Avios per person.
Peko is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List