Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 15 Oct 20, 06:09 PM  
Link to this Post
boo2
Imagineer

boo2's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 2
Mobile

Originally Posted by tspill View Post
We had something similar a couple of years ago. It took a couple of attempts at a completion and maybe 3 weeks for it to get sorted. I was just about to go to Florida for three weeks so basically said if it wasn't 100% sorted by the time I got gone it was going back on the market immediately.
Yes, much as I love the house we are hopefully moving to I’m not being messed around again especially as it isn’t all confirmed. It’s irritating that they haven’t been upfront about everything. I thought we had been very careful but i will be 100 times more cautious if there is a next time! Some people just have no morals!
Old 15 Oct 20, 06:11 PM  
Link to this Post
boo2
Imagineer

boo2's Reviews
Mobile

Originally Posted by Gryff View Post
That’s very very unusual in Scotland but I do know now our niece a lawyer advises not to accept any offers that don’t have everything in place first
When we sold the last of our rental properties the tenants bought them and had everything in place first even then we had one of them who’s lender lawyer faffedabout so much it took 10 weeks the poor guy was demented as he knew we had others interested
Gruff, when did your niece sell? I also thought it was unusual in Scotland but you live and learn!
Old 15 Oct 20, 06:28 PM  
Link to this Post
sueandco
Imagineer

sueandco's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 4
We are currently buying/selling and our buyer is being a pain. Everyone else was ready to go at the beginning of September but we are all still waiting for him and his solicitor, we are now crossing our fingers for exchange at the end of next week and completion in November but we are not confident.
Old 15 Oct 20, 06:56 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

Originally Posted by sueandco View Post
We are currently buying/selling and our buyer is being a pain. Everyone else was ready to go at the beginning of September but we are all still waiting for him and his solicitor, we are now crossing our fingers for exchange at the end of next week and completion in November but we are not confident.
They’re the same time frames we are hoping for 🤞🏼
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Oct 20, 07:07 PM  
Link to this Post
tspill
Imagineer

Originally Posted by boo2 View Post
Yes, much as I love the house we are hopefully moving to I’m not being messed around again especially as it isn’t all confirmed. It’s irritating that they haven’t been upfront about everything. I thought we had been very careful but i will be 100 times more cautious if there is a next time! Some people just have no morals!
I guess we were lucky in that we had both old and new houses for 2 years do our new house wasn't dependent of selling the old. Very frustrating.

Did you say you were in Scotland? Are house offers not contractual?
tspill is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Oct 20, 07:42 PM  
Link to this Post
daisymae
Imagineer

When we moved house (Scotland) 18 years ago we had to sign the missives (think that’s what we signed) within 2 weeks with the house builder and we were contractually bound to buy the house or be liable for all expenses incurred by the sellers and the same for our buyers. Our house wasn’t ready until 6 weeks after we had sold our house so we moved into a rented accommodation. The buyers of our house stated that his company were going to buy his house so no problem there until a day before he contacted his company wondering why he hadn’t heard from them regards his house and they said that wasn’t the deal so they had no money to pay for our house. They had to pay us the cost of our our mortgage payment and late fees to us for not settling on time over and above the cost of the house. They had to scramble for a bridging loan and thankfully it was during the housing boom and their house sold quickly.
daisymae is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Oct 20, 08:00 PM  
Link to this Post
toots82
VIP Dibber

Mobile

That's rotten I really hope its sorted for you soon! We should be moving 2 weeks on Monday, it should have been a week on Monday but our buyers are using first home fund and although it's been agreed, their solicitors said the paperwork wouldnt be done in time. It's only a week and we know they have their mortgage agreed and home fund agreed so it's just paperwork, I'd be feeling just like you if it was a potential mortgage issue. I really hope you get moving soon
toots82 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Oct 20, 08:37 PM  
Link to this Post
Stitchesmumanddad
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by boo2 View Post
There situation didn’t seem straightforward but we asked for clarification before we accepted their offer. They said they didn’t need to sell their property and had savings and money from family, it seemed strange but solicitor said it all seemed okay. They now seem to be selling their house (now under offer) and need a mortgage so a complete change of situation! I feel I can’t trust anything they say!
We were up front and honest when we put an offer in. We had our house on the market ( no offers) and a decision in principle for our mortgage.
I’m just so frustrated that people seem to be able to say anything! Previously in Scotland a sale rarely fell through, a solicitors name was on the line and it was very much accepted that if an offer went in it was honoured.
I hope you find something else soon and manage to move without any further problems.
The minute I found out they had lied, Id have dumped them like a hot potato. Far too many dreamers in property market.
Hope it gets sorted
Old 15 Oct 20, 08:51 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

I’m sorry. Sounds so stressful. Can you put your house on the market again, just in case?
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Oct 20, 02:46 AM  
Link to this Post
boo2
Imagineer

boo2's Reviews
Mobile

Originally Posted by tspill View Post
I guess we were lucky in that we had both old and new houses for 2 years do our new house wasn't dependent of selling the old. Very frustrating.

Did you say you were in Scotland? Are house offers not contractual?
I felt like house offers used to be contractual now it seems anything goes. 😢