Notices
General Trip Planning Other Holiday Planning.

Closed Thread

Old 16 Nov 10, 11:22 PM  
Link to this Post
Aims
Imagineer

Question What to see between Bath and London?

I will be making my first trip to England next May and am currently planning out the itinerary. My husband and I will have a car and have planned a couple of days in Bath, also taking in Stonehenge, before returning to London for our last week. Are there are recommendations for a place we could visit along the way between Bath and London? We are looking at spending a full day and an overnight somewhere.

Thanks in advance for any advice or suggestions!

Planning a trip to San Diego? Check out my San Diego planning guide at the link below:

https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho... php?t=1047941
Aims is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Nov 10, 09:08 AM  
Link to this Post

I would suggest Windsor. You have the castle to look round (which takes approx 3hrs) plus some lovely shops and river walks.
Might have a Royal Wedding to view too!

Diane x
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Nov 10, 10:40 AM  
Link to this Post
enjibenji
Imagineer

enjibenji's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Hi, Yeah windsor nice or u could get off the m4 and visit oxford, really nice place & loads of history.
enjibenji is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Nov 10, 10:45 AM  
Link to this Post
Tetrarch
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
Guidebook Photos: 23
Instead of driving a direct route from Bath to London, I would suggest driving a slightly more northerly route to take in the beautiful Cotswold area about 90mins drive from Bath. With an early-ish start you could spend most of the day exploring this area of outstanding natural beauty before driving on to Oxford (45min drive) for your overnight stay. Spend most of the next day seeing Oxford before driving back to London (90mins).

More details about what to see and do in both areas here:

cotswolds/

visitoxfordandoxfordshire/

Debra
Old 17 Nov 10, 02:30 PM  
Link to this Post
Aims
Imagineer

Thank you all for the great suggestions. I didn't realize there was so much to see in that area...love the idea of Windsor Castle, but have also wanted to see the Cotswolds...and Oxford is sounding wonderful now too...lots of tough decisions to make, lol.

Thanks again!

Amy

Planning a trip to San Diego? Check out my San Diego planning guide at the link below:

https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho... php?t=1047941
Aims is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Nov 10, 05:22 PM  
Link to this Post
folkie
Loves sailing in the sun!

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 170
If you're going to be in Oxford during the university holidays you'll be able to look round some of the colleges.

Magdalen College Chapel is lovely. My sister went to Oxford and I was once lucky enough to be able to join her in a choir singing in one of the services.

See if there are any eights racing or training on the river - they're great to watch (that's the rowing boats by the way - 8 oarsmen/women and a cox). I had fantastic fun cycling at full pelt along the riverbank cheering on my sister's eight!

Take a good pair of shoes as you can walk miles round Oxford and along the river.
91 Brittany 92 Scotland 93 France 94 France 95 Dartmouth 96 Moved house 97 Terra Mare (Greece) 98 Swanage 99 Yedi Tepe (Turkey) 00 Canada/Tunisia 01 Ottawa, Antigua/Bitez 02 DLP/Cornwall 03 Antigua/Gower 04 Ottawa/Croatia/Vendee 05 BVI/Hurghada 06 Javelin (Turkey) 07 Perili (Turkey) 08 Orlando 09 Rosas 10 Orlando 11 Les Deux Alpes 12 Morocco 13 Brittany 14 Vassiliki 15 Orlando 16 DLP/New England/Ottawa 17 Ionian
folkie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Nov 10, 07:33 PM  
Link to this Post
BarrettFamily
VIP Dibber

If you are going to Stonehenge dip further south and go to Salisbury and see the Catherdral.
WDW All Stars Movies 2001- 10th Anniversary
WDW Carribean Beach Resort 2006
WDW All Stars Music 2008
WDW Saratoga Springs Resort and Spa 2018 - 50th Birthday Celebration with Mum.
BarrettFamily is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Nov 10, 08:15 PM  
Link to this Post

a 80 - 90 min drive from bath will take you to cardiff ( its in Wales a country stuck on the side of england, no not scotland, Wales, i know they forgot about it on " its a small world ride " but it exists

now you will have cardiff castle ( a very nice 1/2 day )

and then :

museumwales.ac.uk/en/stfagans/

now st fagans is another nice 1/2 day out, you can spend more time if you fancy it

you could get the train to cardiff and visit the castle, go from bath and its a single train trip ( about 80 mins if i remember correctly )
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Nov 10, 08:19 PM  
Link to this Post
Melanie R
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 2
Originally Posted by matt987106 View Post
a 80 - 90 min drive from bath will take you to cardiff ( its in Wales a country stuck on the side of england, no not scotland, Wales, i know they forgot about it on " its a small world ride " but it exists

now you will have cardiff castle ( a very nice 1/2 day )

and then :

museumwales.ac.uk/en/stfagans/

now st fagans is another nice 1/2 day out, you can spend more time if you fancy it

you could get the train to cardiff and visit the castle, go from bath and its a single train trip ( about 80 mins if i remember correctly )
Wales IS represented on the PARIS version of It's a Small World.

Duchess Adventures! - Trip report index
Melanie R is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Nov 10, 09:15 PM  
Link to this Post
teggles
Excited about Disney

I live 2 minutes from Stonehenge and Salisbury is 15 mins away and has a beautiful cathedral ,which has Britains tallest spire and the surrounding area is beautiful