Notices
General Trip Planning Other Holiday Planning.

Closed Thread

Old 4 Jul 11, 12:26 PM  
Link to this Post

Hard Rock Cafe UK - prices?

Hey

I am treating my OH to HRC for his birthday - but they dont have prices on the online menu?

I just dont wanna be totally suprised when we get there and not prepared if the prices are OTT :pop:

Anyone know how much the burgers are? And they dont mention if you get fries?
(we were at the one in Orlando last year and it was about $12 for burger and it came with fries!)

Thanks
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jul 11, 12:59 PM  
Link to this Post

Burger was £11 I believe back in 2007 when we went before a Rooney concert so I would expect it to be around the same in sterling as you paid in dollars by now.

You do get fries by the way, not many of them but you do get them. I think HRC's around the world are very stingy on their fries portions including many I have visited in the USA.
Old 4 Jul 11, 01:51 PM  
Link to this Post
laurac1988
Imagineer

Prices are fairly reasonable. A couple of years ago it was about £13 for a burger...

annoying that they don't have prices on the site
laurac1988 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jul 11, 02:09 PM  
Link to this Post

If its under £15 i'll be happy enough!

thanks hehe
Old 4 Jul 11, 07:19 PM  
Link to this Post

I know it's London but is £13-£15 reasonable for a burger from HRC? I don't know, seems awfully expensive for me for what you get. I would much prefer a burger from Hache or even a 2 for 1 from Sticky Fingers then to pay that sort of money for an ok burger and small portion of fries. It's not as though the HRC in London is particularly memorable from a memorabilia perspective either.

Just my opinion of course...
Old 4 Jul 11, 08:20 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by ju_itfc View Post
I know it's London but is £13-£15 reasonable for a burger from HRC? I don't know, seems awfully expensive for me for what you get. I would much prefer a burger from Hache or even a 2 for 1 from Sticky Fingers then to pay that sort of money for an ok burger and small portion of fries. It's not as though the HRC in London is particularly memorable from a memorabilia perspective either.

Just my opinion of course...

hehe ikwym! its defo not reasonable for a burger at all! unfortunately its just what these places charge cos people will pay it!
we'll prob end up in TGIs, with the free bday treat
Old 4 Jul 11, 08:33 PM  
Link to this Post

I know you shouldn't look at it like this, but £15 for a burger is $24. Can you imagine paying $24 for a burger in Orlando? I'm sure you can, but we all know there is no need.

I'm sure it will be a nice treat wherever you end up. At least HRC do the great Brownie Sundae, or at least they did when we last visited one...
Old 4 Jul 11, 09:15 PM  
Link to this Post
scottishgirl87
Imagineer

We occasionally go to the HRC in Edinburgh for a quick fix. To be honest, I'd say it's probably just slightly more expensive than TGI's but not massively.

I suppose it depends whether it's a 3 course meal you're looking for or not. Boyfriend and I very very rarely get a dessert when out for dinner anywhere (he's not a dessert person and I hate ordering one just for myself, booo! ), and sometimes don't even bother with a starter. Although at HRC it's usually the cocktails that bump up our bill rather than the food!

Mmmm could go a HRC right now!
scottishgirl87 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jul 11, 07:21 AM  
Link to this Post

We love the HRC and visit the Manchester restaurant fairly often. I can see where you are coming from with £15 being an expensive burger but when compared to the quality, cost and ambience at some of the chain restaurants (Chiquitos, Bella Italia etc) I know where I would prefer to be!

The burgers are huge and you get a good portion of chips and a side (depending on which burger you chose) I think it is a reasonable price to pay for a birthday treat.
Old 5 Jul 11, 09:20 AM  
Link to this Post
nhyw
Very Serious Dibber

nhyw's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 10
Originally Posted by SaraCat View Post
We love the HRC and visit the Manchester restaurant fairly often. I can see where you are coming from with £15 being an expensive burger but when compared to the quality, cost and ambience at some of the chain restaurants (Chiquitos, Bella Italia etc) I know where I would prefer to be!

The burgers are huge and you get a good portion of chips and a side (depending on which burger you chose) I think it is a reasonable price to pay for a birthday treat.
I totally agree and don't even get me started on the quality of the food at TGI's! For London or anywhere in the worlds I always think HRC is reasonably priced and I think their food is very good quality.

Windsor Hills Retreat Luxury Vacation Home
Located at Windsor Hills Resort, Kissimmee, Florida
www.windsorhillsretreat.com
Luxury 6 Bedroom, 4 Bathroom Home with South Facing Pool, Spa and Games Room
Click here to see our Dibb advert or for more photos see our website
State of Florida Resort Dwelling License no. #DWE5917028
nhyw is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread