Notices
General Trip Planning Other Holiday Planning.

Closed Thread

Old 2 Jul 12, 07:56 PM  
Link to this Post

Travelodge..Can I get a refund or change booking?

I have booked a a travelodge room in Worcester for 2 nights (including breakfast) in November for my graduation. However, I have now decided that I will go up and back in one day, so room won't be needed. Does anyone know if I can either get a refund or change booking to someplace else?

Feel cross with myself for rushing into booking it really :angry:
If I do just cancel I've only lost £80 so not the end of the world but...

Thanks for your help!
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jul 12, 08:02 PM  
Link to this Post
Sweets
like a dog with a bone

Hello. It appears it depends on what room rate you booked. From their website:
Cancellation

For flexible room rates only, you may cancel a Booking and we will not charge you for the first night if you notify us before midday on your scheduled date of arrival.
For flexible room rates only, if you have a Booking for more than 1 night you may cancel or shorten your booking after the scheduled date of arrival and we will refund you for any remaining nights. We will not pay a refund for any night for which notification is received after midday. Notification must be made directly with the Hotel you are staying at, prior to noon of the day(s) you wish to cancel.
We will not give a refund on a saver or sale room rate booking and/or extras purchased with the booking.
We will only make refunds to the payment card that you used to make the Booking. We will normally credit refunds to your card within 10 days. We will refund you the money you have paid (including for any extras except WIFI or SMS confirmation text extras).

Changing your Booking

With any flexible room rate booking, subject to availability, you may change the length of stay, the room type and/or the scheduled date of arrival. You must notify us before midday on your scheduled date of arrival of any changes.
With any saver room rate Booking (or sale rate), subject to availability and conditions (the room must be the same rate at the same Hotel), you may change the scheduled date of arrival and/or the room type. You will pay the change fee for each change made. It is not possible to upgrade your room type or room rate. For details on the change fee click here.
With any saver or sale room rate Booking, you may increase the length of stay, subject to availability and payment for any additional nights at rate applicable at the time the amendment was made.
Sweets is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jul 12, 08:06 PM  
Link to this Post
jdybnsn
Imagineer

I think it depends on the terms of the booking - if it was a room booked in their sale (doesn't sound like it at that price) then no but if you booked it as a flexible rate, then yes but you don't get any extras you booked refunded (I think).

**GOLD CASTAWAY CAY MEMBERS !**Feb2002- I Drive Feb2004- PORS Feb2006 -Regal Palms/4 Night Disney Wonder Feb2008- Reunion /Disney Magic Western/Omni@CG Feb2010 - Reunion/Disney Magic Eastern/Hammock Beach PalmCoast July2010- Disney Magic 8 Night Dover-Barcelona July2011 Disney Magic10 Night Med.Feb2012-Anna Maria Island/Disney Dream X2/Hyatt GC. May 2014 Disney Fantasy Eastern
jdybnsn is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jul 12, 08:26 PM  
Link to this Post

It is a saver room so looks like i've lost that Never mind!
Thanks for your help.
Old 2 Jul 12, 09:09 PM  
Link to this Post

Pop it on eBay? Or even better if you can see yourself going in the future amend the date paying a £5 amend fee and any difference in price.
Old 4 Jul 12, 11:56 AM  
Link to this Post
katy341
Imagineer

the same happened to me! i was basically told to get lost as it was a saver room so unfortunately i think you may have to part with that money lol xx
katy341 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jul 12, 12:38 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by katy341 View Post
the same happened to me! i was basically told to get lost as it was a saver room so unfortunately i think you may have to part with that money lol xx
Unless, as I have pointed out you might be happening to want to stay at the same hotel on a different date. Long shot I know in this instance. I booked a Saver rate Travelodge room prior to getting confirmation from our holiday park in Cornwall on dates and they couldn't fit us in. I went on the Travelodge website and for a £5 change fee I could move the booking forward two days and as the room rate was the same on that day the £5 was all I had to pay.
Old 4 Jul 12, 12:40 PM  
Link to this Post

We have changed dates on saver rooms before and only had to pay a £5 admin fee x x
Old 4 Jul 12, 12:40 PM  
Link to this Post
DIBBadmin
Imagineer

This thread has been automatically closed as it has not been posted on in 365 days.
DIBBadmin is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread