Notices
Additional Support Needs & DAS Help & advice

Old 12 Oct 16, 10:15 PM  
Link to this Post
Martin044
Getting Excited

We are staying in Orange County at Rosen Inn International but that information was not asked for. I did state it on the original enquiry but I don't think they would be able to check.

Edit: The hotel booking is not even in the name of the disabled person!
Rosen Inn International 2016

Edited at 10:17 PM.
Martin044 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Oct 16, 10:15 PM  
Link to this Post
BarryandCaron
Imagineer

BarryandCaron's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 1

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 15
Mobile

Originally Posted by Martin044 View Post
I have just successfully applied by email and paid for (by telephone) a disabled parking placard with Orange County Tax collector.

I made an enquiry on the contact us page: octaxcol/contact/
I got the following reply:
Greetings,

To issue a US Parking placard I will need you to complete the attached form and return with signature and travel dates. I will also need a copy of your blue badge (front and back), and your passport. The fee is $17.00 US Dollars [$15 + $2 card fee] that can be paid by credit card after processing your documents.
Thank you

Form was attached to reply but can be can be downloaded at: flhsmv.gov/dmv/forms/BTR/83039.pdf

As a Non-US citizen you only need to fill in the top section and where it asks for Florida driving licence or ID card simply write NON-US.

I simply emailed all the copies of the documents back to the agent dealing with my enquiry and within an hour and a half had a reply saying they had rec'd my documents and all that was required to complete my application was payment. A phone number for payment is given in the reply for it to be paid by card over the phone.

This was duly done, an email receipt was issued immediately and the agent said the placard would be processed that day and sent to me in the UK.

I eagerly await its arrival.
That sounds much more positive, thank you.
Old 12 Oct 16, 10:21 PM  
Link to this Post
Twiggy1953
Apprentice Imagineer

Twiggy1953's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Mobile

I wonder if Osceola and Orange counties computers are linked. We shouldnt have to pay in February because it's under 12 months since we paid last. Mind you I'd gladly pay again if it means we don't have to go and queue for one. We used to do that before we started emailing - it is not a fun start to the holiday.
Twiggy1953 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Oct 16, 10:31 PM  
Link to this Post
Martin044
Getting Excited

Originally Posted by Twiggy1953 View Post
I wonder if Osceola and Orange counties computers are linked. We shouldnt have to pay in February because it's under 12 months since we paid last. Mind you I'd gladly pay again if it means we don't have to go and queue for one. We used to do that before we started emailing - it is not a fun start to the holiday.
I would doubt the computers are linked as each county has its own tax collector to act on its behalf. I would pay the $17 every time just to avoid any confusion and avoid having to go to the office anyway.
Martin044 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Oct 16, 10:37 PM  
Link to this Post
Dory15
slightly serious Dibber

Do Disney take the blue badge? As I was still hearing that up until this year some people haven't even applied for a temporary badge.

Our main parking will be Disney as if they will take the blue badge I won't get a parking permit. I wouldn't risk anywhere other than Disney but I dread to think what the wait would be in a tax office it would drive my son bananas
Dory15 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Oct 16, 10:57 PM  
Link to this Post
Martin044
Getting Excited

Originally Posted by Dory15 View Post
Do Disney take the blue badge? As I was still hearing that up until this year some people haven't even applied for a temporary badge.

Our main parking will be Disney as if they will take the blue badge I won't get a parking permit. I wouldn't risk anywhere other than Disney but I dread to think what the wait would be in a tax office it would drive my son bananas
You maybe lucky but this is what it now states on the Disney website:

Parking for Guests with Disabilities
Designated parking areas are available throughout Walt Disney World Resort for Guests with disabilities. A valid disability parking permit is required.

Theme Park Parking
Guests with the ability to walk short distances and step onto courtesy trams should park in the main parking lots of Magic Kingdom park, Epcot, Disney’s Hollywood Studios and Disney's Animal Kingdom theme park. Courtesy trams will then transport Guests to each theme park’s Main Entrance.

Disability Parking Lots
Guests with mobility disabilities—including those traveling with personal wheelchairs, electric scooters or other mobility devices—should park in our Disability Parking Lots, located a short distance from the Main Entrance of each to each of the 4 theme parks at Walt Disney World Resort. Please note that courtesy trams are not needed, and therefore do not serve, these locations.

Hence the reason I am not taking a chance.
Old 19 Oct 16, 06:32 PM  
Link to this Post
Dancingducks
Excited about Disney

I have just successfully applied by email and paid for (by telephone) a disabled parking placard with Orange County Tax collector.

Greetings,

To issue a US Parking placard I will need you to complete the attached form and return with signature and travel dates. I will also need a copy of your blue badge (front and back), and your passport. The fee is $17.00 US Dollars [$15 + $2 card fee] that can be paid by credit card after processing your documents.
Thank you

Form was attached to reply but can be can be downloaded at: flhsmv.gov/dmv/forms/BTR/83039.pdf

As a Non-US citizen you only need to fill in the top section and where it asks for Florida driving licence or ID card simply write NON-US.

I simply emailed all the copies of the documents back to the agent dealing with my enquiry and within an hour and a half had a reply saying they had rec'd my documents and all that was required to complete my application was payment. A phone number for payment is given in the reply for it to be paid by card over the phone.

This was duly done, an email receipt was issued immediately and the agent said the placard would be processed that day and sent to me in the UK.

Thanks for this. I have been successful too which saves a lot of time and potential stress.

Thanks again
Dancingducks is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Oct 16, 07:31 PM  
Link to this Post
Martin044
Getting Excited

Originally Posted by Dancingducks View Post
Thanks for this. I have been successful too which saves a lot of time and potential stress.

Thanks again
Your welcome, hopefully us Dibbers can keep it to ourselves so that the extra workload Orange County may now get doesn't become as big a burden as Osceola County have experienced and caused them to stop email/postal applications.
Old 19 Oct 16, 09:36 PM  
Link to this Post
Martin044
Getting Excited

Thumbs up

Greetings,

Thank you

... and it has arrived today.
Old 3 Feb 17, 12:09 AM  
Link to this Post
barnsleyfan
Excited about Disney

3 months since the last post. Do we still need the US permit to park in disabled spaces at the parks or can i use my blue badge. I have friends who say they have only ever used a UK blue badge and never had any problem
barnsleyfan is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List