Notices
General Trip Planning Other Holiday Planning.

Closed Thread

Old 5 Sep 15, 11:45 PM  
Link to this Post
mobeckwith
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Mrs dee View Post
Me too ! I've been reading trip advisor and come to similar views as you ! I'm
Also wondering if you can walk from El Paso to park ?
you can easily walk to the park from el paso.5 mins up a bit of a hill,if i remember rightly, a land train took you up also,the one from the hotel caribe,part of the port aventura hotels group.we used to walk,it was no hassle. mo x
mobeckwith is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Sep 15, 11:53 PM  
Link to this Post
mobeckwith
Imagineer

Originally Posted by buryboy View Post
Hi again.
We've just been discussing the El Paso , and debating whether staying there for a fortnight will be a bit " too much" and become a bit " samey"

aftwr all it is one theme park; it looks like the Ferrari land won't be open next August
Certainly it's a great added extra to a standard all inclusive in as much as who can complain as a "free" theme park on tour doorstep but reading a few reviews , suggests that there is actually not much going on in the hotel in the way of activities during the day and entertainment at night , which is the real thing that most all-inclusiveness have . I'm guessing they don't feel a huge need as many guests will be in the park ?

I can imagine us going to the theme park most evenings , but 14 evenings would be too much

Can anyone who has been advise what goes on during the hotel during the day and at night ?

( I'm considering swapping to doing a week at the El Paso , and a week at another hotel in salou ( either Self catering or half board ) that has a bit more going on at the hotel.

All responses appreciated . Thanks

PS Kids will be 13 and 17 so not mini-disco material
tbh, i think if you do el paso with unlimited port aventura for the first week,then a hotel in salou will be a let down.i think if it was me ,i would do it the other way round,then end on a high.i like salou, and the beach etc, also the water park in la pineda is good,but for us port aventura has always been the highlight.we stayed at villa romana,brilliant hotel with great animation team,but definitely do first week. mo x
mobeckwith is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Sep 15, 11:13 AM  
Link to this Post
JLH
Imagineer

Originally Posted by buryboy View Post
Hi again.
We've just been discussing the El Paso , and debating whether staying there for a fortnight will be a bit " too much" and become a bit " samey"

aftwr all it is one theme park; it looks like the Ferrari land won't be open next August
Certainly it's a great added extra to a standard all inclusive in as much as who can complain as a "free" theme park on tour doorstep but reading a few reviews , suggests that there is actually not much going on in the hotel in the way of activities during the day and entertainment at night , which is the real thing that most all-inclusiveness have . I'm guessing they don't feel a huge need as many guests will be in the park ?

I can imagine us going to the theme park most evenings , but 14 evenings would be too much

Can anyone who has been advise what goes on during the hotel during the day and at night ?

( I'm considering swapping to doing a week at the El Paso , and a week at another hotel in salou ( either Self catering or half board ) that has a bit more going on at the hotel.

All responses appreciated . Thanks

PS Kids will be 13 and 17 so not mini-disco material
I feel the same , we may do maybe 3 nights at hotel and have been trying to find a villa in the costa Dorado area too. they are quite expensive compared to Orlando but we do like our own villa.
Old 6 Sep 15, 07:58 PM  
Link to this Post
mouskevik
Imagineer

Mobile

We are going to Mar Menor golf resort for a week next August and then driving up to Portaventura for 3 nights.

Long drive I know but the Murcia area is sooo cheap for lovely accommodation and we just want a week by a pool. We will stop in in Valencia for lunch.

We were going to book B&B at Portaventura hotel but when we went back to the website, the price had dropped for half board! So we booked that and will buy the Fastpass wristbands.

Would like El Paso but we are a family of 5 and they don't do rooms for 5 do they?
Sandy Ridge/Miami/HRH - Aug 2019
mouskevik is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Sep 15, 08:36 PM  
Link to this Post
Mrs dee
Imagineer

Ok, so we could do a week in Salou then a week in El Paso, good idea, but... Any recommendations for a good hotel with entertainment ?
Mrs dee is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Sep 15, 08:42 PM  
Link to this Post
meboo
Imagineer

Mobile

I wouldn't do 14 nights at Portaventura . . . you can do the theme park in a day. We had 4 nights there then got the train to Barcelona (there is a station more or less on site) and had 4 nights there. In fact, the train stopped at all kinds of lovely places on the way and so you could move a bit further up the coast.

Reus airport is only about 15 mins from the parks - we flew in there and our of Barcelona.

Salou is about 15/20 mins walk from the park so we wandered down there every day, either mid afternoon or evening, as we found the food in the park to be fine, but not exciting.
meboo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Sep 15, 02:04 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by mouskevik View Post
We are going to Mar Menor golf resort for a week next August and then driving up to Portaventura for 3 nights.

Long drive I know but the Murcia area is sooo cheap for lovely accommodation and we just want a week by a pool. We will stop in in Valencia for lunch.

We were going to book B&B at Portaventura hotel but when we went back to the website, the price had dropped for half board! So we booked that and will buy the Fastpass wristbands.

Would like El Paso but we are a family of 5 and they don't do rooms for 5 do they?

Mar Menor Golf club is lovely, we stayed there a few years back, some of the villas are gorgeous and so big!

Originally Posted by meboo View Post
I wouldn't do 14 nights at Portaventura . . . you can do the theme park in a day. We had 4 nights there then got the train to Barcelona (there is a station more or less on site) and had 4 nights there. In fact, the train stopped at all kinds of lovely places on the way and so you could move a bit further up the coast.

Reus airport is only about 15 mins from the parks - we flew in there and our of Barcelona.

Salou is about 15/20 mins walk from the park so we wandered down there every day, either mid afternoon or evening, as we found the food in the park to be fine, but not exciting.
Hmmm you may have just given me an idea that we may get the train to Barcelona our last day, stay a night there and then get fly home from Barca! xx
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Sep 15, 08:53 PM  
Link to this Post
Floridasun
Imagineer

Just been pricing this up myself. It says all inclusive then the room description just says breakfast buffet included. Is it all inclusive meals or just all inclusive as in room and park tickets?
Floridasun is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Sep 15, 06:12 AM  
Link to this Post
mouskevik
Imagineer

Originally Posted by seriliza View Post
Mar Menor Golf club is lovely, we stayed there a few years back, some of the villas are gorgeous and so big!
Thank you, I can't wait!

I had a good look at the El Paso site and the rooms are all for 3 or 4 so we will stick with the 5 person room at Hotel Portaventura.

The blurb for the Superior rooms at El Paso says you only get a discount on fastpasses - did you get them free through a phone booking?

Edit: I can see now that you get a free Express Max pass and not the unlimited Fastpass wristband - I'm clearly not awake yet

Edited at 06:17 AM.
mouskevik is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Sep 15, 07:36 PM  
Link to this Post
jessthecat
Proud to wear my Ears

been doing the elpaso for the 2 years in between or Disney holidays booked again for August next year. factor in a extra 50 euro for fast passes they are worth there weight in gold. there is not a lot going on in the hotel apart from a little entertainment on a night. and dont forget your all inclusive in the theme park also for a meal a day
jessthecat is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread