Notices

Old 1 Apr 17, 03:08 PM  
Link to this Post
lallan
Apprentice Imagineer

lallan's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Lallan's Family Vacay March/April 2017 Live-ish! Day 6 - Epcot & Logan's Roadhouse 29.3.17

Day 6 - Epcot & Logan's Roadhouse 29.3.17

Walked 10,998steps (4.4miles/7km)

Spent - $65.00

Our usual breakfast in the villa again this morning before getting showered and ready and heading to Epcot for the day. We arrived at 11am and paid our $20 parking. We met my mum and dad just by the entrance. The Flower & Garden festival is on at the moment so I was dressed accordingly with my floral Mickey tshirt... bought for £2 from Primark!

Next we went to the 'Leave A Legacy' monuments in search of DS1 & our niece's photo. This time I remembered to bring his certificate so we found it easily. Can't believe it was almost 11 years ago since we took DS1 for his first trip! Time really does fly by.

Time for our first FP, the old classic that is Spaceship Earth! After the ride we spent a while in the Innovations place. Siemens have just recently visited the boys school and DS1 was quite interested in their presentation as he loves technology so he was keen to see what things were here. The boys spent a while playing some of the games like the energy powering city thing that's like shuffle board.

We took a walk over to Club Cool after this. In all the years my mum and dad have been coming to Orlando and done the parks many many times, they never knew this place existed! We encouraged them to try all the flavors, especially Beverly my dad said it tasted like vomit!

Next we went in the 'Butterflies Haven' enclosure. It is beautiful with so many different species of butterfly fluttering all around you, even landing on you

The whole place is so beautiful right now, totally awash with vibrant colour from all the lovely flowers and character topiary.

We headed to The Land next for our Soarin' FP. This is my mum's fave ride. It has been updated since we were last on here. No more smell of pine trees but loved the new beach smell!

Straight after this our last FP was for Mission Space. DH sat this out with DS3. I do like this ride as it is very clever but I hate the gforce pressure you get on 'take off'. I always feel quite queasy afterwards!

Some more Topiary spotting:

And now time for Ellen and her energy adventure. I enjoy this as I really like her and watch her show. DH on the other hand sees it as a 45min snooze opportunity!

It was 3.30pm by this point and we were all feeling hungry so decided to leave the park for dinner before coming back later for IllumiNations.

We all agreed on Logan's Roadhouse on the 192 so we were there and seated with drinks by 4pm. I checked my email for coupons but hadn't been sent any recently. A quick check of their website showed Kids Eat Free on Wednesday's now...it used to be Tuesday's. I asked our waitress about it but she said no she thought it was still a Tuesday so I showed her the website on my phone and she said well if that's what it says then she'll honour it. Well worth checking any offers online in any restaurant.

So I had woodgrilled chicken with rice and a Cesar salad, DH had a huuuuuge Roadhouse burger, mum had moonshine glaze chicken with rice and House salad and dad had shrimp trio. DS1 had kids grilled chicken with mash and gravy, DS2 had kids BBQ ribs and DS3 had kids chicken tenders. Bill total was $63.40 inc tax. We left $38 each inc tip.

We were back inside Epcot for 5.30pm. I managed to grab another FP for Nemo. Spotted the real Nemo and Dory in the aquarium outside the ride!

And boys said g'day to Bruce:

I then managed to get another FP for Living With The Land where DS3 spotted a fab hidden Mickey:

Next we went in to watch the Disney & Pixar short film festival. This is great, I just loved all 3 of them! A little boy that must have only been about 2 or 3 years old that was sitting in front of me really enjoyed the Disney one 'Get A Horse' and was laughing hysterically the whole way through

We had a wander spotting some more lovely flowers and topiary along the way:

We had a mooch through the shops and I spotted something I wanted to take back home for beside the front door:

It's $29.99 plus tax. It's a bit heavy to carry around so I thought I'll pick it up after IllumiNations on the way out the park.

There was just enough time for another go on Spaceship Earth. By the time we came off it was very dark!

We grabbed a space just before world showcase for watching IllumiNations. It was lovely as usual.

After this we left the park and took my mum and dad back to their hotel on I Drive. We were back at our villa eating left over CiCi's by 10:10pm It was only then I realized I forgot to go back and buy my Mickey welcome garden ornament! Hopefully it'll still be there next week.

Big day tomorrow... Kennedy Space Centre to witness a little bit of history!

Edited at 04:09 PM.
lallan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Apr 17, 03:29 PM  
Link to this Post
app
DIBB App Manager

New Photo Added by lallan - 1 Apr 17 3:29 PM.
app is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Apr 17, 03:35 PM  
Link to this Post
disneytrio
Imagineer

disneytrio's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 13
Flower and garden is so beautiful, another great day, thanks for posting!

Edited at 08:56 AM.
disneytrio is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Apr 17, 03:44 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
A great day with some lovely photos of the flowers festival

Joan
Old 2 Apr 17, 07:37 AM  
Link to this Post
JenD1
Disney's Yacht Club Guest

Really enjoying your trippie. Epcot looks stunning during flower and garden festival.
Old 2 Apr 17, 11:26 PM  
Link to this Post
Pumba75
Imagineer

Pumba75's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 6
Restaurant Reviews: 23
DIBB Villa Reviews: 2
Just catching up. Looks like you are having a fantastic time.

Mrs P
Pumba75 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Apr 17, 08:05 AM  
Link to this Post
WileyCoyote
I am not a shopaholic

Wow, Epcot really does look stunning.
Great meal and a great deal there - fab price for all that food.
The butterfly house is lovely isnt it
Hope you get your Mickey garden stone before home time !
WileyCoyote is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Apr 17, 10:00 AM  
Link to this Post
Jake71
Imagineer

A great day, I love all the topiary.
Old 3 Apr 17, 04:20 PM  
Link to this Post
codym
Very Serious Dibber

codym's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Epcot looks fantastic Really enjoying reading along with your report, thanks for sharing
3 Part Extravaganza Oct/Nov 2017 *IN PROGRESS*
codym is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Apr 17, 03:31 PM  
Link to this Post
lovedisney
Imagineer

Never been to the butterfly house great day! thanks for posting

July '17 - Sunset Lakes, Aug '15 - Windsor Hills, Aug 13- Highlands Reserve,Aug '11 -Windsor Hills
Oct '09 - Sunset Lakes,May '08 - Lindfields,April '07 - Florida pines,April '05 - Florida Pines,July 1997 - Quality Inn Plaza,I Drive. May 96 - International Drive
lovedisney is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List