Old 26 Mar 17, 03:29 AM  
Link to this Post
lallan
Apprentice Imagineer

lallan's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Lallan's Family Vacay March/April 2017 Live-ish! Day 1 - Travel Day 24.3.17

Day 1 - Travel Day 24.3.17

So my alarm had been set for 5.30am but that was not necessary... I woke up at 2.45am with the worst stomach cramps I've ever had. I felt all clammy and just generally yucky. I tossed and turned trying to get back to sleep but it was no use. Just after 3.30am I had to make a run for the loo! I was in and out of there for the next hour. Then at about 4am I started throwing up too. It was horrible. I was in a right state and trying my hardest not to wake DH and the boys. But DH and DS2 woke up about 4.30am and that was them fully awake. I showered and tried to get ready in between toilet visits. This went on for the next 2 hours and at one point I started to think i wasn't going to get to Florida in this condition. I can't blame that burger 100% but I knew after a few bites something wasn't right with it and it clearly never agreed with me.

At 7am we checked out of the Travelodge and made our way to the airport, less than 10 mins away. I was still feeling really delicate and had to make a run for the bathroom as soon as we had dropped the car off. I threw up some more and felt really embarrassed as the loo's were busy and everyone could hear me

Check in took less than 5 mins as we had the priority boarding, so with the cases gone we went straight through fast track security and on to departures. At this point i again felt really sick and had to abandon DH with the boys and make a run for the bathrooms. DH and the boys headed to Burger King for some breakfast. They weren't doing any breakfast menu tho so a Whopper meal and a chicken nugget meal and some drink were shared. This was £15. I caught up with them and I started to gradually feel a bit less sicky. A quick nip into Boots for some bottles of juice and water which was £6.

The gate was called and at about 9.20am the plane started boarding. We were boarded first with priority pack. We got settled in our window seats and 1 isle on rows 20 and 21. Lucas chose to sit in the seat on his own. I still look a bit pale here..

The seat felt very roomy. This was the original AirTanker we were on.

Plane took off at 10.25am. It was a lovely sunny morning in Manchester and I spotted Old Trafford just as we were on our way up.

We upgraded 2 of our TV's to Premium and this was £5 each so £10. Baillie wanted to sit in with his dad so he could go to sleep with his legs over him so I swapped seats with him. Justin sat glued to the Trolls movie.

I just people watched for the first bit of the flight, totally relieved that my stomach was now settled and I felt normal again. I couldn't imagine how I would ever have coped on the plane if I had still felt the way I had earlier. I was soooo tired after only getting about 2 hours sleep in the Travelodge!

Food was served just before 1pm. Choice was sausage and mash or BBQ chicken and mac+cheese. I had ordered the 3 boys kids meals but apparently these hadn't been loaded onto the plane. The cabin crew told me it would have been pasta bolognaise for the kids. He apologized for the mishap and gave me a form to send in to customer relations after the holiday. Justin never touched the chicken Mac+cheese, said it was yucky. I had my appetite back so I hovered down the sausage and mash. I always seem to enjoy plane food though.

At 2.30pm they came round with tiny Lily O'Brien's ice cream cones. Shortly after this Duty Free done the rounds. I treated myself to Versace Woman perfume. This was on a special and was supposed to be £19 but there was a promo on for Mother's Day so it actually only cost £15.20...bargain

Justin had fell asleep just before they came round with the ice creams so I settled down and got my tablet out for my Netflix downloads. I watched Autopsy: The Last 24 Hours of Elvis Presley. And then the Michael Jackson one and then the Michael Hutchence one so that filled 3 hours nicely. Justin woke up after a great sleep. Our boys are well travelled and never a bit of bother on flights.

About an hour before landing they served afternoon tea. That consisted of mini filled rolls and a scone. Before we knew it the plane was ready to pull in to MCO slightly ahead of schedule at 3.05pm florida time. It felt like it had been a really quick flight. Seatbelt signs had only been switched on once for a few minutes.

45 minutes waiting for immigration and then straight to dollar to pick up the car. We had a bit of a wait as there were no mini vans in. Justin spent his time productively reading his school homework book...

A lovely big shiny white Nissan Quest with Virginia plates came in so Taylor went for that.

We left the airport at 5.10pm and reached the villa at 5.30pm. Really pleased with the villa, it's lovely!

Boys jumped straight in the pool for an hour while DH and I unpacked.

At 7pm we nipped out to Aldi on Buenaventura Blvd, about 3 mins down the road from Spring Lakes. Spent $108.07 on all sorts of yummy goodies to last us a while. 16" pizza was $2.49! And 5L ice cream $5.

We were too tired to actually cook tonight so KFC and Taco Bell done the trick. KFC kids meal $3.99, chicken tender go cup $2.99, 10 hot wings $7.99. 2 Dorito tacos $2.98 and 2 soft tacos $2.37...$21.86 inc. tax.

Home to the villa to feed our faces and then crash out.

Magic Kingdom tomorrow!

lallan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List