Notices
Walt Disney World and Florida Trip Reports Trip Reports and Videos

Old 9 Feb 20, 05:22 PM  
Link to this Post
MrsSilverStar
Imagineer

The Magic 3 - Day 4 - Magic Kingdom

Day 4 – Sunday 20th October – MK

The Magic 3 are Tara, Mark and Heath and this is our first trip to Florida.
========================================= ==

It was Magic Kingdom day! I was so excited to finally be walking down Main Street and seeing the castle. Poor Heath on the other hand, did not want to wake up this morning at all! We were at Disney while they were offering the super early hours because they thought Star Wars was going to cause chaos, luckily for us that never happened and we got to enjoy some great, early starts.

I woke Heath at 5.30am and we arrived at the Magic Kingdom at about 6.40am for the 7am opening. People were being held by the train station so Heath and I got quite near the front while Mark went through bag check.

Once they let us in, we followed the crowd but mistakenly went to the Tomorrowland rope, before realising and going back to the Fantasyland one to the right of the castle. I was on a mission to get us on lots of ride so we didn’t really stop to soak it all in. I wish we’d had another early morning just for that, but we were too tired to go back for another rope drop!

Mark caught up with us at 7DMT and we walked straight on. Rope drop was busy but manageable and definitely worth doing in my opinion. 7DMT however…it kept stopping on our go so that probably didn’t help but Mark and I were distinctly underwhelmed to be honest. We never went back on as Heath had taken a dislike to it, I would like to give it another try without all the stops. The ride video was very cute, love the dwarves.

After this, we raced through some rides – Winnie the Pooh, Peter Pan, Little Mermaid, Dumbo, Speedway and Buzz before we grabbed a Cheshire Cat tail and iced coffee for a little breakfast pitstop. It was a beautiful morning to take photos around the park.

Alice meets in the area by the Cheshire Cat Cafe so Heath had a lovely chat with her

Then we hopped on the people mover before our first fastpass at It’s A Small World – Heath loved this at DLP so it had to be done!

The boys went on the carousel while I joined the queue to meet the Step Sisters because I could see it was going to take awhile.

Unfortunately they swapped with the Fairy Godmother by the time we got to the front but this was still a lovely meet and she praised us on Heath’s manners, which is always nice for parents! This queue was out in the sun and it was pretty tough to be honest. I was very hot and bothered by the time we got to the front and we never did go back to queue up for the sisters again.

I wanted to meet Gaston next but he wasn’t out so we had some snacks and photopass pics taken instead. We shared a Le Fou’s brew, Mickey ice cream and some popcorn from a nearby cart. The popcorn was so delicious and I’m gutted I never managed to get more!

Our second fastpass was for Belle's Enchanted Tales – Heath was Phillippe the horse and Mark was a knight!

Had a little spin on the teacups before heading off to Monsters Inc – we found this hilarious, it was just so fun. Mark was the ‘man with the urge to dance’ and he really gave it some when he got up to boogie

Our last fastpass was for Peter Pan – again this was a ride that Heath was obsessed with at DLP, but he’d outgrown it this time I think. It’s still very cute though.

We walked through Liberty Square and headed to Frontier Trading to buy some pins, Heath got a villain mystery pack. I dread to think how much we spent on pins by the end of this holiday!

More castle photos because you can never have too many.

We had the zoom photo taken here too - when you stand in one of the gardens and then they zoom out to the roof tops. It came out really nicely but I don't think I can add it here. We loved PhotoPass - got several cute little videos and voicemails, obviously triggered by our magic bands. Really clever stuff.

Lunch was booked at Cinderella’s Royal Table for 1pm because I really wanted to go in the castle…Heath wasn’t keen on meeting princesses but tough luck kid!
We found the food delicious here. And Abby, Mark got two scallops so you definitely missed out when you only got one

Has anyone else noticed how the princesses prepare themselves for the photos? I noticed every single one of them did a weird fluttering thing with their eyes before holding them really open and they were also pushing their tongues right to the top of their mouths! It was weirdly fascinating to watch Love that they're probably trained on how to take a good photo!

We also started the Sorcerers of the Magic Kingdom card game today, after collecting our card packs from the front of the park. We all had a great time doing this. If you’ve never heard of it, you have to go to portals around the park and hold a card up to them to defeat a baddy – the stories are fun and it looks great. It’s a fun thing to have if queues are long.
We also took a few more photos of course.

Again my notes end here! Oh dear, I really didn’t do a great job at this! But in my defence, there is just so much to take in, it’s hard to remember to take notes
The photos suggest that we went back to the hotel and spent some time on our balcony, watching the animals. We’d paid for a savannah view and absolutely loved it.

I noticed that staff came round, hiding food right outside our room, which obviously attracted the animals – very clever Disney! They really do think of everything!

Then I’m guessing we collapsed into sleep, ready to go back to Animal Kingdom tomorrow. Coming soon.
MrsSilverStar is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Feb 20, 09:32 PM  
Link to this Post
jothp
Apprentice Imagineer

Another lovely day with some beautiful photos. You got so much done in MK. We love sorcerers too and the cards make a lovely souvenir to keep especially as they are free.
jothp is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Feb 20, 09:42 PM  
Link to this Post
MrsSilverStar
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by jothp View Post
Another lovely day with some beautiful photos. You got so much done in MK. We love sorcerers too and the cards make a lovely souvenir to keep especially as they are free.
Mark’s phone takes amazing photos so I’m always pestering him to take lots! Love the photopass for that too.
The extra early hours were amazing for getting lots done, we were so lucky to be there at that time.
It’s a really cute game, and I’m a big fan of anything free, especially at Disney 😄
MrsSilverStar is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Feb 20, 12:22 AM  
Link to this Post
Tinkermom
Apprentice Imagineer

another super day!
Old 10 Feb 20, 11:26 AM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
A brilliant day and lovely photos

Joan
Old 10 Feb 20, 08:39 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 43
Well, I'm cross that it seems everyone else gets two whole scallops from CRT! Did you enjoy being inside the castle? I hope so, it is pretty special sitting up there.

What a jam packed morning. I can't believe all the rides you did. How lovely that both your boys were part of the enchanted tales with belle show. You won't forget that! Also, Mark getting his groove on for the monsters Inc show! I bet Heath found that hilarious, you know I think Max and Kate would tell you it's their favourite show at MK. Even though the gags are the same, that just adds to the whole experience now as they get to reminisce and say 'do you remember when...'

I'm not surprised you went back to the hotel and just watched the animals from your balcony and then went to bed.

Link to all my completed trip reports
2017: NYC and Orlando. Salzburg. Boston.
2018: Orlando. Berlin.
2019: DLP. Orlando. Washington DC.
2020: DLP.
2021: Jamaica. Rome.
2022: Orlando.
2023: Orlando. Niagara and Toronto.
Goldia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Feb 20, 09:00 PM  
Link to this Post
MrsSilverStar
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Goldia View Post
Well, I'm cross that it seems everyone else gets two whole scallops from CRT! Did you enjoy being inside the castle? I hope so, it is pretty special sitting up there.

What a jam packed morning. I can't believe all the rides you did. How lovely that both your boys were part of the enchanted tales with belle show. You won't forget that! Also, Mark getting his groove on for the monsters Inc show! I bet Heath found that hilarious, you know I think Max and Kate would tell you it's their favourite show at MK. Even though the gags are the same, that just adds to the whole experience now as they get to reminisce and say 'do you remember when...'

I'm not surprised you went back to the hotel and just watched the animals from your balcony and then went to bed.
Maybe you can only have two steaks if you first get one scallop 😄 although of course that was Max who benefited, not you!
I loved being in the castle.

The extra early hours were fab for getting lots done, it was a lovely morning.
The boys are good sports when it comes to joining in!

Yeah, we have not yet built up the stamina for park hopping! It was a nice balance to squeeze in some downtime.