Notices
Walt Disney World and Florida Trip Reports Trip Reports and Videos

Old 14 Feb 20, 12:13 PM  
Link to this Post
MoorMickey
Trading Disney Pins

The Incredibles take a vacation - Feb 2020- Day 7 Animal kingdom (Tuskers)

Animal kingdom take 2! We woke a little slower today, but fortunately Violet was feeling much better. We headed off back to animal kingdom and nibbled on some graze bars so that we didn’t have to stop off for breakfast. We arrived just after 9:30. The kids picked up some wilderness explorer challenge and we headed off towards Pandora. We had a fast pass for Na’vi river. It was really beautiful, but not the best ride ever. I’m glad I didn’t have to queue for an hour for it. Next, thanks to the cast member from yesterday, we also had a fast pass for FOP. Violet was excited for this- and thanks to rider switch she got to ride it twice! It really was fantastic and possibly the best of the trip. Even though it was amazing I’m not sure I would’ve joined a 3 hour queue for it. I’m pretty sure that Dash would’ve loved it so it’s a shame he was too small to ride.

It was over to Asia next and we stopped off for some of the famed a yak & Yeti fried rice. It was delicious, but Dash refused to eat his as he wanted some of the hummus that he’d had yesterday from Mr Kamals. Mr I hoovered it up instead. We watched Finding Nemo the musical and then went off for our fastpass at Dinosaur.
Mr O and Violet liked this, but Dash and I did not. All that shaking around was just unpleasant., we picked up a few more WE badges along the way and I got Dash his hummus to make him feel better and some chicken dumplings for the rest of us to share, which we ate whilst we watched the parrots show. We went to it’s tough to be a bug next, which he wasn’t keen on either.

I’d bagged a fastpass for Expedition Everest which Dash was too small for, so we rider switched. Violet loved it! Then it was back to the lion king so that Violet could see it. Dash. was very happy about watching it again. We got really terrible seats at the back, but I managed to relocate a little further forward once they had scooched everyone along. Off to Gorilla falls next. The kids got loads of WE badges here and it was pretty cool to be up close as the hippo swam up to where we were stood (behind glass of course!). The gorillas were good to, but I don’t think that the Wilderness explorer there was expecting the answer that she got from Dash when she asked what we knew about Gorillas. “ They pick their nose!” He shouted!

It was now time for our rearranged dinner ADR at Tuskers. It’s buffet here, but there’s some good stuff on the menu, the kids were especially excited about dessert. The characters were really good and Dash was getting more into the swing of the meets now and was really chatting with them. It was good in here and I’m glad we still got to do it.

We managed to squeeze another fastpass pass in at expedition Everest. Rider switch was Violet’s friend again in so she ended up riding it 4 times! Definitely back on form and loving this one. We got some popcorn and then went to rivers of light. I know it’s not everyone’s favourite, but we really liked it. We also managed to catch the tree of light awakenings on the way out. It was a great day and I was glad that I’d managed to rearrange everything from yesterday. For us Animal kingdom is our favourite park so far.

The low point of the day was the bus home. The queue was massive. One arrived about 5 minutes after we joined it, but we couldn’t get on. It was almost half an hour before another arrived and in the time that it took them to load the wheelchair passengers 2 more went past empty. There’s then the rigmaroles of going to Kidani first and unloading and reloading there before getting to Jambo. It took an hour to get back from somewhere that is a 10 minute walk away 😡. Disney, you really need to put a walkway between animal kingdom and the lodge and maybe separate the busses for Kidani and jambo at peak exit times.

Edited at 12:42 PM.
MoorMickey is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Feb 20, 09:59 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
A good day glad Violet was feeling better

Joan
Old 15 Feb 20, 03:05 PM  
Link to this Post
MaryMendes
Excited about Disney

Interesting information about the buses as we are staying at AKL in August & I hoped it might be easier to get to AK & back.
MaryMendes is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Feb 20, 01:26 PM  
Link to this Post
MoorMickey
Trading Disney Pins

Mobile

Originally Posted by MaryMendes View Post
Interesting information about the buses as we are staying at AKL in August & I hoped it might be easier to get to AK & back.
The buses have been really hit and miss. Maybe they will put more on in high season.
MoorMickey is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List