Go Back   theDIBB > DIBB Members Trip Reports > Walt Disney World and Florida Trip Reports
Forgotten Password?
Notices
Walt Disney World and Florida Trip Reports Trip Reports and Videos
Unread 14 Feb 20, 03:54 PM  
Link to this Post
Jules32
Excited about Disney

Jules32's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
The Disney Five do Florida for the first time Aug 19 ~day 14

Trip report day 14
25th August travel home day
The final morning finally here our flight was at 19:50 from MCO so we had a bit of time before we had to leave for the airport, we had wanted to wander over to epcot to spend our remaining snack credits and for me to go on mission space as I hadnt managed last time due to having to take Ruby back early. We packed up all our cases and loaded up the car we left these with the concierge as we had food and we didnt want the car being broken into with the cases on display, we left a fair bit of stuff in the laundry room too.

We took some last minute pics of the resort

Time was just running away with us. We ended up getting to epcot and just going to mouse gear for me to pick up a necklace I had seen that I wanted and a spirit jersey for me, all holiday id been looking for a the briar rose gold one and had spotted it early on and not got it I kicked myself all holiday as I never saw it again and ended up with the black one. This necklace was really special to me as it symbolises the 3 kids two of which are biologically mine and one who is my step daughter but I love them all the same, this necklace summed that up for me.

we got a few last minute bits magnets a calendar that sort of thing and we spent some of our remaining snack credits, we couldnt get rid of these things they were haunting us. You cant covert meal credits to snack credits at epcot so we still had loads of these left too. I never did get to ride mission space never mind theres always next time.
We headed back to Disney springs and swopped more credits for the big bags of ghiradehlli which we gave a lot of to family and friends. we grabbed some poutine ( divine this stuff)

And before we knew it , it was time to head back to collect our bags this was so sad we had really had the best holiday ever and it had flown by so fast. We had made so many wonderful memories and we came away knowing this would not be our only trip, we were hooked well and truly.
Last minute snacks for the car were grabbed from the quick service ( gotta use those credits up) to eat on route to the airport , fuel stop and before long were pulling up to the rental place. Super easy hand over of the car, the guy checked it we kept out receipt to say no damage as advised by you lovely lot and then we made our way through the airport. Darren bought me a beautiful mickey ring from the airport to match my necklace and we had a look round the universal shop. Elisha trated herself to a really lovely ET plush.

I wont bore you with the plane journey home it was the same journey but in reverse unfortunately we were delayed taking off at MCO which meant our already short turnaround time in Gatwick was now down to 30 mins. Yes 30 mins how in the hell were we going to make that. We let the cabin crew know and when we landed they rang through, the advice was get off the plane and run. There was one other family on the same flight as us back to Glasgow who ran with us. Honesty it was like something out of a comedy sketch we didnt know where to go no one was helping us at all it was a bloody nightmare, we had to go all the way back through security which we hadnt realised at the time and it was taking forever we explained to a member of staff and they skipped us through to the front. We got to the gate 5 minutes late thinking no way no way would it have waited but it did. It was so embarrassing but we were so grateful they did we got to the gate with staff waiting for us shouting run run I couldnt run anymore it was awful the kids were crying I was sweating (I never sweat). We got on the plane profusely apologising to everyone around us mumbling about our flight delay hoping they hadnt thought wed just been taking our sweet time in duty free, we set off at around 10:45 am we were exhausted me and Darren hadnt slept on the flight and we knew we had a 3 hour drive ahead of us.
The last bit was pretty uneventful , we got off thinking no way our luggage made it but by some miracle it had and also the other family had got theirs too, very grateful to BA that day for waiting for us the day could have been a lot worse.
The journey from hell home and we were finally back , would I do that journey again for the savings definitely, if we had slept on the plane it wouldnt have been so bad so next time Ill definitely take some melatonin or something to help with that.

Thanks for reading along, we have had the most amazing holiday, has it been perfect no, we have had some bad weather and stroppy pre teens, but above all we had the best time and would do it all again in a heartbeat, were hoping to book again April for 2021 hoping for Caribbean beach resort again and would even do those same flights.

Thanks for all the lovely comments it makes writing these worthwhile, I never realised just how much effort goes into writing these trip reports. How some of you lot do them live I do not know.
DLP July 2016- Offsite Kyriad
DLP Nov 2016- Offsite Kyriad
DLP Feb 2017 - Offsite Explorers
DLP AUG 2018- Offsite 2 Ibis Val d Europe
WDW Aug 2019 - Booked Carribean beach resort
Jules32 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Our next adventure awaits
Unread 14 Feb 20, 09:54 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Thank you for taking your time to write a trippie :spin I really enjoyed reading along sounds like you had a wonderful holiday and I hope you get back soon

Joan
Unread 14 Feb 20, 10:50 PM  
Link to this Post
thefourDs
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

Ahh Im actually sad youve finished your trip report as Ive absolutely loved every instalment! Sounds like a fantastic holiday - thank you for sharing with us ❤️
thefourDs is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Feb 20, 10:16 AM  
Link to this Post
Jules32
Excited about Disney

Jules32's Reviews
Mobile

Originally Posted by mick View Post
Thank you for taking your time to write a trippie :spin I really enjoyed reading along sounds like you had a wonderful holiday and I hope you get back soon

Joan
Thank you were hoping for next year , and thanks for commenting on every one xx
Jules32 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Unread 16 Feb 20, 10:16 AM  
Link to this Post
Jules32
Excited about Disney

Jules32's Reviews
Mobile

Originally Posted by thefourDs View Post
Ahh Im actually sad youve finished your trip report as Ive absolutely loved every instalment! Sounds like a fantastic holiday - thank you for sharing with us ❤️
Thanks for reading along I loved doing it, its made the itch to get back even greater now though x
Unread 16 Feb 20, 11:49 AM  
Link to this Post
Tinkermom
Apprentice Imagineer

Sounds like youve definitely caught the bug, thank you for sharing 😊
Unread 17 Feb 20, 09:24 AM  
Link to this Post
Em4owen
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Thanks for writing your experience up. I've really enjoyed reading along and can't wait until we stay at CBR this year.
Unread 17 Feb 20, 10:50 AM  
Link to this Post
diamondgal
VIP Dibber

Great trippie, I really enjoyed reading it all this morning. I tried to write one on our last trip but I failed and never finished it. So Im always in awe of those dibbers who do write one.

I can sympathise with the stroppy teen (been there ) and needing space from DH, day 4 was always our row day! 😆

Mind you the stroppy teen that was (shes now 21), is now the biggest disney fan and will be dragging my youngest DD to meet the characters as shes the one whos now at that embarrassed age. Her embarrassment level will be high, especially when we make her skip down Main St USA 🤣🤣
diamondgal is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Going home, Beach Club