Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 19 Feb 20, 10:41 AM  
Link to this Post
EssexSue
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by MillyMoo View Post
I normally only go to kids movies these days and to be honest I dont expect it to be quiet because theres kids involved! We wouldnt get through a movie without snacks, and due to cost we cant afford to go to the cinema and buy their ridiculously priced food, so we are rustlers when it comes to popcorn!
Luckily they have reduced the staff numbers so no one searches bags so you can take in cheaper sweets from elsewhere. Unlike the 02 where you can't even take in a bottle of water but you can buy one at a horrendous mark up!
EssexSue is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Feb 20, 10:43 AM  
Link to this Post
novocastrian
Imagineer

Originally Posted by EssexSue View Post
Luckily they have reduced the staff numbers so no one searches bags so you can take in cheaper sweets from elsewhere. Unlike the 02 where you can't even take in a bottle of water but you can buy one at a horrendous mark up!
you get searched at the cinema for sweets ?
novocastrian is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Feb 20, 10:49 AM  
Link to this Post
Floridatilly
Imagineer

Mobile

It’s certainly not snacks that’s the issue at the cinemas. It’s people with little or no respect for others. Chatting, on phones, being loud, kicking the back of your chair, allowing children to run around, leaving their rubbish all over the place!
I sometimes wonder what has happened to basic manners at the cinema.
I avoid going now to be honest
Floridatilly is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Feb 20, 10:55 AM  
Link to this Post
magickate
Imagineer

Mobile

We don't go often just because of the cost for a family of 4. A trip to the cinema with a mcdonalds after for a treat is £50ish now.

I don't recall ever being bothered by other people eating or talking, I'm normally busy watching the film. But they'll never stop it given the profit margins they must get from confectionery sales.

The rubbish is what bugs me too, how hard is it to use a bin.
magickate is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Feb 20, 10:56 AM  
Link to this Post
novocastrian
Imagineer

Originally Posted by magickate View Post
We don't go often just because of the cost for a family of 4. A trip to the cinema with a mcdonalds after for a treat is £50ish now.

I don't recall ever being bothered by other people eating or talking, I'm normally busy watching the film. But they'll never stop it given the profit margins they must get from confectionery sales.

The rubbish is what bugs me too, how hard is it to use a bin.
do you not have a Vue locally? 4.99 a pop
novocastrian is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Feb 20, 10:58 AM  
Link to this Post
littlelish0544
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by novocastrian View Post
Our vue is only 4.99 on a monday, otherwise costs a lot more.
Old 19 Feb 20, 10:59 AM  
Link to this Post
happytraveller
Imagineer

I haven't been to the cinema in a while, but did on Saturday. There was a couple in there, who you would have thought you walked into their own front room the amount of noise talking they were making
happytraveller is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Feb 20, 11:00 AM  
Link to this Post
megaflyer
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by novocastrian View Post
£18 a ticket at my local (Curzon Victoria) I bet west end is even more so for that I want phones banned and smelly food like hot dogs and burgers ! Popcorn and slurping coke (or cocktails as is more the case these days at mine ) is all part of the experience and I don’t mind that
megaflyer is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Feb 20, 11:03 AM  
Link to this Post
SussexFamily
Imagineer

Originally Posted by megaflyer View Post
£18 a ticket at my local (Curzon Victoria) I bet west end is even more so for that I want phones banned and smelly food like hot dogs and burgers ! Popcorn and slurping coke (or cocktails as is more the case these days at mine ) is all part of the experience and I don’t mind that
We have a revamped old type cinema - 10 miles away. £3.50 - £4.00 a ticket with huge seats. Local Cinema is £11 a ticket. No Contest.
SussexFamily is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Feb 20, 11:04 AM  
Link to this Post
Blue nose
Imagineer

Mobile

My kids love the cinema and we take snacks in with us. There was a problem on a while about for Cineworld and he actually encouraged families to bring their own to make cost effective.

I think their family ticket is about £20.

I try and ignore the phones or the little kids talking and just enjoy my family time.
Blue nose is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List