Notices

Old 3 Jul 16, 02:33 AM  
Link to this Post
closeder
slightly serious Dibber

Day 8 Disney Springs Yachtsman Steak House Live(ish) Taking The Grandparents This Time June 2016

This morning a longer lie was planned, I had booked fast passes for Magic Kingdom later in the afternoon with the intention of catching the parade. We needed to pick up or $100 gift cards from the World of Disney shop as we planned to put this towards the hotel bill so we decided to go to Disney Springs late morning the on to Magic Kingdom after. Sounded like a good plan at the time.

We managed to get out and down to the bus stop for 10.55am. The next bus to Disney Springs was scheduled for 11.25, however the Magic Kingdom bus had just pulled in, soooo we decided to jump on and reverse the days plan. We arrived at Magic Kingdom at 11.20, the bus dropped us at the next stand to Saratoga Springs, I'm wondering at this point if we should jump on the bus to there and get the boat across, I decide to check if we can change our MK fast passes to earlier and if we can't then Disney Springs might win out. Of course I could have done this on the bus on the way if there was wifi on it, why don't they have this when Disney planning revolves around the app? Something for their suggestion box. I couldn't move Talking Mickey which was the only one I cared about and just to confirm my decision a Saratoga Springs bus pulled in. We jumped on at 11.20 ( the timing was important to me to somehow justify not sitting in the hotel lobby until 11.25 for the Disney Springs bus! )

Derek and I and the kids stayed at Saratoga on our first visit to Florida and Dad and Derek have played golf here several times so being familiar with the layout helped, we jumped off at the first Bust stop and made the short walk to the boat dock, I barely had time to take a few photos before the boat pulled in and we were on our way to Disney Springs.

We docked at 11.50, I like to think we managed to arrive at at least the same time as the bus would have got us there in a bit more fun way, I could have been telling a whole different story if the Saratoga springs bus and the boat hadn't turned up immediately though. What did you do on your last full precious day at the Yacht club Hazel? Emm I sat waiting and travelling on buses and boats all day. Actually for a good part of the day that's what we did I suppose!

Picture of the amphibicar out on the water.

Saratoga springs looks lovely from here, we really enjoyed our stay there in 2010.

We disembarked at The Landings and split up from Mum and Dad after planning to meet at World of Disney at 3pm. I think they were worried I want going to suggest jumping in another bus or boat so made their escape quickly. The rest of us headed to Disney Quest.

Disney quest only opened at 12 so it was nice and quiet and the kids both small and large enjoyed and hour and a half playing to their hearts content. A bit of a bonus visit since it was supposed to be closed, and always worth a visit if it is included in the 14 day pass, it would have cost a small fortune for all the games the kids played.

We headed for lunch around 1.30, I had wanted to try Wolfgang Pucks but nothing took our fancy so we jumped on the boat across to the far side to try Earl of Sandwich. It's great now all the boat docks have opened up again, I remember some hot sweaty walks to this area when the construction work was going on, much better now. Mum and Dad joined the queue behind us at Earl of Sandwich, what are the odds?

We all chose some tasty sandwiches.

I had the Hawaiian BBQ
Grilled Chicken, Ham, Swiss, Pineapple and BBQ Sauce

I had it without the BBQ sauce, really delicious.

Derek had The Full MontaguŽ
Roasted Beef, Turkey, Swiss, Cheddar, Lettuce, Roma Tomato and Mustard Sauce

Mum had Chicken Caesar Wrap
Grilled Chicken, Shaved Parmesan, Romaine, House-made Croutons and Caesar Dressing

Kids shared between them the Chicken Bacon Avocado Wrap
Grilled Chicken, Bacon, Romaine, Avocado, Roma Tomato, Cucumber and Balsamic Vinaigrette and we asked for it without the avocado or vinaigrette

Buffalo Chicken Wrap
Grilled Chicken, Cheddar, Romaine, Roma Tomato, Celery Salt, Buffalo Sauce and Ranch Dressing and asked for no cheese, Dad hates cheese, we have to ask in every restaurant in America if the dish Dad has ordered comes with cheese and to leave it out, most American dishes do end up having cheese in some variation or another. Most waiters look at him as if he has two heads when he says he doesn't want or like cheese. This holiday so far everyone has been very good when we have asked and often worry and check if he has some sort of dairy intolerance.

After lunch we looked round the Disney shops and I bought some magnets and Christmas Decorations, some of them I personalised thinking I could get them sent back to the hotel, however as we were leaving the next day it wasn't possible but they said it could be done by 4pm. That just brought it home to me how late it had become and we still hadn't picked up our gift cards, it was looking like our Magic Kingdom visit was unlikely.

There was a photo pass man outside world if Disney so we stopped for a few.

We found the information desk in the shop quite quickly, Anouska had let me know where to go for this. Small issue with none of us having brought ID but the CM Alan was very nice and managed to issue them to us eventually.

After this we headed to Market Coop as Katie had her eye on her very own suitcase, something she wanted to spend her Birthday money on.

On the way we popped into the photo pass desk as Anouska had told me about the lovely photos they take in here added to your memory maker at no extra charge. I wanted to try it out and we will probably go back and get some taken on a day with nicer outfits and less sweaty heads!

One very chuffed girl with her suitcase, Derek popped over to the Christmas shop to pick up the decorations while we waited for a fresh new suitcase rather than the one out on display. As we headed to meet him the rain started to come down. We were ready to get in the bus at this point however after consulting a map I realised the bus stop was quite far just past the lime car park, we made a run for it over the newish bridge and through the new shopping area where I had to take it all in whilst running for cover, will need to go back now. Disney transport has been kind today and a bus for Yacht club pulled up as soon as we reached the stand.

To be continued after sleep!

Disappointed not to get to Magic Kingdom but still time left in the holiday for a few more trips. Dinner was planned for 7.15, we were ready and down to the check in desk for 6.45, no excuses being late when the signature restaurant is in your hotel!

We waited with a drink in the crews cup bar and they said they would come and get us from there when the table was ready.

Nice wine and prosecco to celebrate/commiserate our last night at the Yacht Club

My phone battery died after taking these two photos trying to catch Katie's Mickey hairband so I didn't get a picture of us all at the table, epic last night dinner photo fail. I still had Derek's phone but he keeps putting it back in his pocket and we weren't quick enough to get it ready for the waitress to take the photo, we do get a nice family one later in though.

The dinner and service here were amazing, could not fault it one little bit. We had an excellent meal and would return after saving up for a long time😀

Dad and I had the 10-oz Black Angus Filet Mignon Mashed Potatoes and Cabernet Wine Sauce, we both asked for the sauce in the side, this was so tasty, very tender and cut like butter, the mash was lovely and creamy

Mum had the same as Dad and I but the 6oz version with red wine sauce in top. With hindsight she should have ordered the 10z, it's practically free and the kids wolfed into our steaks after eating theirs so and extra 4oz would have come in handy!

Derek had the 12-oz Prime New York Strip Steak Potato Gratin, Peppercorn-Brandy Sauce with the sauce on the side. He didn't like the gratin much and swapped it with most of my mash, Mum and I tucked into that and it was delicious. He had to share a fair bit of his steak with Murray.

The kids had the Oak grilled steak skewers, not a very generous portion compared to the steaks at Narcoossee's, we paid OOP for these so we could have one last table service meal tomorrow, I don't think two adult table service credits for a $12 kids meal is good value?

Dessert choices were very appealing, just after ordering these I managed to spill most of Katie's drink down her lovely dress so we headed back to the room for a quick change, glad I did it here in the hotel.

By the time we came back dessert had arrived and Derek being well trained at the point had remembered to take photos.

Derek, Dad and I had the Crčme Brűlée
Vanilla Custard and Mixed Berries
This was a really big portion, the topping was so delicious and crunchy, really lovely dessert.

Mum had the Seasonal Sorbet Trio
Coconut Tuile and Sparkling Wine
She enjoyed this very much.

The kids had the Mickey puzzle, which you make then paint with icing, the novelty factor won out as neither of them are white chocolate fans, Mum and I are though 😉

Murray's painting

Marks go to Katie for getting colour of the feet right.

We left feeling full and satisfied and decided to walk it off round the boardwalk. The star wars fireworks were starting to go off so we walked down towards the boat dock to watch, it's actually a great view from here, I saw more of them in the sky than I did in the park!

Fireworks photos taken by iPhone will never convey just how fabulous they look, it was just a perfect sight for us on our last night here though.

As we finished watching the fireworks the boat across to the boardwalk arrived, it would be rude not to get on really, even although the plan was to walk off dinner

Derek managed to take a quick photo before boarding, the first mate offered to Derek to take a family one but we had all piled onto the boat by this point, he said he could do one at the other side for us. When we arrived we waited for everyone to get off and no one was waiting to get on so we didn't hold anyone up.

It's one of my favourites from the holiday so far!

We had a wander round the shop here, it's my favourite to visit when we are usually not staying onsite and here we are cramming in a visit on the last night! We said goodbye to the Boardwalk for now and headed back to the hotel for some shut eye before packing up and moving tommorow😞

Index to my trip reports at link below, updating live
"Over the hill and sailing away March 2017"
http://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/repo...p?userid=36640
closeder is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Jul 16, 09:57 AM  
Link to this Post
DisneyD
Imagineer

DisneyD's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 14
Login your report! The family photo portraits are great I thought they had stopped doing them! Where is it in DS?
Old 3 Jul 16, 11:10 AM  
Link to this Post
screwy55
Stuck in the Tower of Terror

Hi,

They are good family photos.

Where is the photo pass desk in Disney Springs?

Edited at 11:12 AM.
screwy55 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Jul 16, 11:29 AM  
Link to this Post
app
DIBB App Manager

New Photo Added by closeder - 3 Jul 16 11:29 AM.
app is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Jul 16, 11:55 AM  
Link to this Post
Loopylooloo
VIP Dibber

I love the food photos it all looks so good! I didnt realise you could also see star wars fireworks from boardwalk, nice tip thank you!

Where are you moving too next? Your report is making me want to stay at Yacht club... lools so nice.

Our trip reports -
1st trip to Florida - April 2014 - 'Are we nearly Bankrupt yet?!'
The Kuna Mahuna Croatia Holiday 2016
Bankrupt again Florida 2017
New York & RCL Anthem of Seas 2018
https://dibb.in/13476718
And now it’s time for Wine Wine Wine! Rome + Celebrity Cruise May 2022
https://dibb.in/15427816
Loopylooloo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Jul 16, 01:29 PM  
Link to this Post
4holibobs
VIP Dibber

Just read your trippie from start to here... What a great trip so far.. Thanks for sharing!
4holibobs is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Jul 16, 01:41 PM  
Link to this Post
Kat11
VIP Dibber

Great reporting and food pictures! We have many of your restaurant choices on our first onsite trip in October, can't wait!

Kat
WDW: Onsite: HRH/POFQ - October 2019
WDW: Partner Hotel: Hilton LBV @ DS & RPR - April 2022
DLC: LA - San Fran inc: DLC & Universal - Aug/Sept 2023
Kat11 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Jul 16, 02:01 PM  
Link to this Post
dixonsontour
VIP Dibber

dixonsontour's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 12
Yachtsman looks lovely
dixonsontour is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Jul 16, 04:23 PM  
Link to this Post
Floridasun
Imagineer

Great pics. Looking forward to seeing where you are staying next.
Floridasun is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Jul 16, 04:58 PM  
Link to this Post
twinkleshmoo
Very Serious Dibber

Great food pics and report, sad that you are saying goodbye to the Yacht Club but I'm sure you'll enjoy the villa x