Old 25 Mar 17, 01:37 PM  
Link to this Post
lallan
Apprentice Imagineer

lallan's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Lallan's Family Vacay March/April 2017 Live-ish! Pre-Travel Day

Pre-Travel Day - 23.3.17

Woke up this morning feeling absolutely shattered. Spent most of the night tossing and turning worrying about the dog. She, on the other hand, slept soundly and snored the night away!

Up and about, Taylor took the boys to school much to their annoyance. They gave me lots of "but whyyyyy mum"s this morning. They didn't see the point in going to school until lunch time but it's always easier to square the house away when they're not here so off they went and we got the place organized. It got to 11.30am and DH came over all excited and couldn't wait any longer so went and got the boys early. Car got loaded up and off we went to my mother in laws to drop Riley off. I held back tears leaving her but to be honest she seemed quite happy. Maybe it was the Diazepam, but she actually seemed pleased to see my MIL's wee yorkie.

Boys were hungry so a quick KFC was bought, around £20 for boneless banquet meal, popcorn chicken and some BBQ wraps. Car filled up with fuel and off we set for Manchester at bang on 2pm. Later than planed but I had to make sure the dog was settled or I'd never be able to relax.

Luckily the roads were clear and we never hit any traffic the whole way down. At 5pm we stopped in at Killington Lakes Services for a quick toilet break and stretch of the legs. Coincidentally every single time we travel to England it's always these services we stop at!

I passed the last hour of the journey by putting on my Primark nails. For £1 I find them excellent value and a set usually lasts me a full week.

6.30pm we checked into the Travelodge. The girl at check in told us 3 other families that had just checked in were off to Florida in the morning too, we never bumped into any tho.

As planned, by 7pm on the dot we were at the bowling alley in Parrs Wood Entertainment complex. Asked at the bar if they could put the darts on the big screen and they obliged. Fab viewing of the darts !

Ordered a large food platter. For this plus x2 cokes, x2J20's and a pint it cost £28.65.

We all tucked into the food. While I was eating my way through one of the burgers I thought it tasted a bit odd, not much like a beef burger. So I only ate half of mine... little did I know it was gonna come back and haunt me later on! DH and DS1 & DS2 also had one of the burgers but they said theirs tasted fine.

While we watched the darts the boys had £10 each to play on the arcade games. It then cost £19.65 for DH and the boys to play bowling. I'm hopeless so I just spectate! £17.55 for x2 vodka and cokes and x3 slushes. The boys were excited about their holidays and made friends with one of the staff, telling them all about Florida lol

We were back in the Travelodge for around 11pm. DH and the boys crashed out as soon as their head hit the pillow. I lay down and my stomach was making noises but I fell asleep shortly after. Alarm set for 5.30am Zzzzz

Old 25 Mar 17, 01:45 PM  
Link to this Post
app
DIBB App Manager

New Photo Added by lallan - 25 Mar 17 12:45 PM.
app is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Mar 17, 02:04 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Great start hope you weren't ill after the burger

Joan
Old 25 Mar 17, 11:19 PM  
Link to this Post
mrsdjh
Imagineer

Oh no I'm a bit worried about your comments re the burger
mrsdjh is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Mar 17, 09:12 AM  
Link to this Post
WileyCoyote
I am not a shopaholic

Aww, so lovely that the kids are so excited.
Mmm, hope no travel tummy with dodgy burger ...
You must have been so tired after a poor nights sleep too.
Hope travel day goes smoothly
WileyCoyote is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Mar 17, 05:26 PM  
Link to this Post
ILoveDaveLamb
Imagineer

Your nails look great.

Hope your tummy and the dog are both ok..
Old 27 Mar 17, 01:23 PM  
Link to this Post
Jake71
Imagineer

We always drive down in the middle of the night for our flights and have never done the staying in a hotel the night before. I always think it looks a much more relaxing start to the holiday, DH on the other hand does not like the sound of the added expense! A great start to your trip.
Old 2 Apr 17, 08:42 PM  
Link to this Post
codym
Very Serious Dibber

codym's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Great start
3 Part Extravaganza Oct/Nov 2017 *IN PROGRESS*
codym is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List