Notices
ADR's, Dining, Food and Restaurants Anything and Everything to do with Eating.

Old 5 Nov 19, 02:15 PM  
Link to this Post
Simon & Suzann
Imagineer

Thanks for your many wonderful replies guys

We have done the DDDP in 2012 and it was waaaaayyyyy too much food. It was a pain and also a pleasure sorting out what restaurants to dine at. One big thing from that trip is our eldest DD is Type 1 Diabetic and needs regular meals at quite strict times (back then she did but now she is on the pump so things are much different) so tbh it was better for us booking in advance.

Next year however, as in the last 2 holidays, our eldest 2 are not coming so we are a bit more flexible with timings of food.

We are still dithering but we seem to be edging more towards the TS side of things. The big post a few posts back (sorry i didn't note the user name when i pressed reply) summed it up great to us. Plus the post about the timings has made us think more positive on TS.

Another factor is we are there 16 nights so that's lots of eating and variation will be easier with TS. We are not into the dressing up kind of meals as done it so often with work, the DDDP in 2012 and other things in life so the signature restaurants will be last choice.
Simon & Suzann is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Nov 19, 02:50 PM  
Link to this Post
dx4100
Imagineer

Originally Posted by sha9 View Post
Yes theme park QS tends to be fairly generic however it’s not fair to suggest to someone new to QSDP that it’s all like that. As can be seen from the many dining reports there’s lots of variety to be had.
I don't think I did... I pointed out what it is and what it is not.. I said there was a lot of options..

Edited at 02:52 PM.
dx4100 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Nov 19, 02:53 PM  
Link to this Post
dx4100
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Simon & Suzann View Post
Thanks for your many wonderful replies guys

We have done the DDDP in 2012 and it was waaaaayyyyy too much food. It was a pain and also a pleasure sorting out what restaurants to dine at. One big thing from that trip is our eldest DD is Type 1 Diabetic and needs regular meals at quite strict times (back then she did but now she is on the pump so things are much different) so tbh it was better for us booking in advance.

Next year however, as in the last 2 holidays, our eldest 2 are not coming so we are a bit more flexible with timings of food.

We are still dithering but we seem to be edging more towards the TS side of things. The big post a few posts back (sorry i didn't note the user name when i pressed reply) summed it up great to us. Plus the post about the timings has made us think more positive on TS.

Another factor is we are there 16 nights so that's lots of eating and variation will be easier with TS. We are not into the dressing up kind of meals as done it so often with work, the DDDP in 2012 and other things in life so the signature restaurants will be last choice.
Sounds to me like TS would be the perfect match for you...

I think if you went from DDDP to QSDP you would miss some of what you had last time personally.

We are doing DDDP next time from TSDP last time :P
dx4100 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Nov 19, 06:43 PM  
Link to this Post
Andybear
Imagineer

Mobile

Yes theme park QS tends to be fairly generic however it’s not fair to suggest to someone new to QSDP that it’s all like that. As can be seen from the many dining reports there’s lots of variety to be had.
Epcot QS isn't generic. I had some lovely QS meals in World Showcase.
Andybear is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Nov 19, 06:46 PM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Andybear View Post
Epcot QS isn't generic. I had some lovely QS meals in World Showcase.
I said “tends to be fairly generic”. Epcot is obviously different due to WS but the rest of the parks are fairly generic.

Trip Report Index
sha9 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Nov 19, 06:48 PM  
Link to this Post
dx4100
Imagineer

Mobile

I said “tends to be fairly generic”. Epcot is obviously different due to WS but the rest of the parks are fairly generic.
It was fairly clear what you meant to be fair.
Old 5 Nov 19, 08:15 PM  
Link to this Post
Andybear
Imagineer

Originally Posted by dx4100 View Post
It was fairly clear what you meant to be fair.
Not to me. It just shows that not everyone reads the same thing in everyone's posts.
Andybear is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Nov 19, 07:41 AM  
Link to this Post
BigSkip
Imagineer

Free dining gift card covers the majority of tips on ddp for us, but we are just a kid free couple.
BigSkip is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Nov 19, 08:56 AM  
Link to this Post
Simon & Suzann
Imagineer

Originally Posted by BigSkip View Post
Free dining gift card covers the majority of tips on ddp for us, but we are just a kid free couple.
Yeah we have $100 plus we won't have housekeeping which will be another $150 so should cover a fair chunk
Simon & Suzann is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Nov 19, 09:19 AM  
Link to this Post
BigSkip
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Simon & Suzann View Post
Yeah we have $100 plus we won't have housekeeping which will be another $150 so should cover a fair chunk
Forgot about refusing housekeeping :-) That'll give us $330 - easily enough.
BigSkip is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List