Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 23 Jan 20, 04:07 PM  
Link to this Post
Feebee2
Imagineer

What about this virus? Covid-19

Really don't know what to make of it.
A real threat, scaremongering?

Edited at 09:12 PM. Reason: Update
Feebee2 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Jan 20, 04:17 PM  
Link to this Post
EssexSue
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Worrying I think. Especially as I still haven't completely shaken off the coughing virus I've had since 11th December.
EssexSue is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Jan 20, 04:26 PM  
Link to this Post
janeywaney
VIP Dibber

janeywaney's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 5
Mobile

Originally Posted by EssexSue View Post
Worrying I think. Especially as I still haven't completely shaken off the coughing virus I've had since 11th December.
Oh Sue sorry to hear you still have it 😕 it was a nasty virus we all had it, but have all recovered. Has the doctor referred you for x ray or anything? It’s gone in a long time for you now x

Jane
August 06 All Star Sports, August 07 All Star Music, OKW August 08 OKW Nov 09 All Star Music Feb 10, OKW Sept 10 OKW Sept 2011 , OKW Nov 2013, Pop Cenury Sept 2014, OKW Sept 2015, OKW Nov 16, OKW Sept 17, OKW Aug 19
janeywaney is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Jan 20, 04:36 PM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
I assume we will see even more of the Far Eastern visitors wearing face masks now.

I must be honest and think they look weird and the masks are proven to have little or no effect anyhow.

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976
Mr Tom Morrow is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Jan 20, 04:36 PM  
Link to this Post
EssexSue
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by janeywaney View Post
Oh Sue sorry to hear you still have it 😕 it was a nasty virus we all had it, but have all recovered. Has the doctor referred you for x ray or anything? It’s gone in a long time for you now x

Jane
The doctor rather smugly said it's just a virus, nothing we can do. I am a lot better thank you but I still cough at night. I'm in Florida at the moment and really chilling out which probably helps. It's knocked my confidence though as generally I don't get ill so this new thing is making me nervous.
Thank you for your concern. X
EssexSue is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Jan 20, 04:37 PM  
Link to this Post
EssexSue
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by Mr Tom Morrow View Post
I assume we will see even more of the Far Eastern visitors wearing face masks now.

I must be honest and think they look weird and the masks are proven to have little or no effect anyhow.
Yes the irony of that wasn't lost on me!
Old 23 Jan 20, 04:45 PM  
Link to this Post
catherinesian
Imagineer

In December I booked a trip to China for October 2020

Just my luck - I hope it all blows over by the time we go...

I got travel insurance out before the virus made headline news but not before the first instance was found, so I hope it will cover us if we cannot travel. I must remember to check the T&C's.

Next trip to WDW Sept 2024 for our Wedding
catherinesian is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Jan 20, 04:45 PM  
Link to this Post
Tinkerbell
Imagineer

Tinkerbell's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1

Totally ineffective. We used them in the operating theatres to prevent splashes on us and spittle etc on patient. When I last looked at research their effectiveness was about 30 minutes unless you have a full blown breathing type mask as used in orthopedics.

Edited at 04:48 PM.
Tinkerbell is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Jan 20, 04:48 PM  
Link to this Post
wanye
Imagineer

is it real then? i just assumed it was a giant marketing campaign for that new netflix show "pandemic"?!?!

(my friends wife is currently over in chengdu for new year, and she posted a photo yesterday wearing a mask)
wanye is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Jan 20, 04:53 PM  
Link to this Post
novocastrian
Imagineer

found out in far east this summer masks are worn primarily for cultural reasons something about not wanting facial expressions being read, showing others your feelings

also considered polite to wear one if you have a cold
novocastrian is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List