Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 24 Jan 20, 08:08 AM  
Link to this Post
SussexFamily
Imagineer

Originally Posted by WhereIBelong View Post
News this morning has just said they are currently preparing to shut down Shanghai Disney...
I’ve just seen footage of railway stations and motorways being closed in China today to isolate whole cities .
SussexFamily is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jan 20, 08:15 AM  
Link to this Post
Clare
Imagineer

Clare's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 6
Restaurant Reviews: 6

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 17
Guidebook Reviews: 1
BBC reporting the good news is that it appears so far the mortality rate per number of cases is far less than SARS, let’s hope it stays that way and doesn’t mutate further. With international travel there’s bound to be cases develop most countries, you can’t stop everything everywhere people will always find a way round it and let’s face it the travel restrictions took a while to be implemented, a bit like closing the stable door after the horse has bolted.
Clare is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jan 20, 08:18 AM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

I think this could turn into something huge. What I think should happened though is to stop people entering and leaving China to stop it spreading world wide. Apparently there are cases already in the US, Thailand, Japan and South Korea.
I also think the media should find out/release info on those that have died. They could all be 90 years olds with health concerns, or people with just health concerns, maybe they are all healthy 20 years old, but it would give people an indication of it was a huge risk to them.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jan 20, 08:25 AM  
Link to this Post
Clare
Imagineer

Clare's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
And by coincidence (?) yesterday I received a text from my GP surgery late yesterday pm advising I should contact them for my flu vaccination. I had it elsewhere last September but obviously my surgery weren’t aware, I’ve also had the pneumonia vaccine. My understanding is whilst nothing stops the Coronavirus itself, the Coronavirus develops into flu like symptoms and potentially pneumonia, the pneumonia is what is causing fatalities.
Clare is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jan 20, 08:26 AM  
Link to this Post
Clare
Imagineer

Clare's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by Clairelovestate View Post
I think this could turn into something huge. What I think should happened though is to stop people entering and leaving China to stop it spreading world wide. Apparently there are cases already in the US, Thailand, Japan and South Korea.
I also think the media should find out/release info on those that have died. They could all be 90 years olds with health concerns, or people with just health concerns, maybe they are all healthy 20 years old, but it would give people an indication of it was a huge risk to them.
Some media have now done this, majority appear to be elderly with a percentage having other health conditions, they developed pneumonia.
Old 24 Jan 20, 09:48 AM  
Link to this Post
Feebee2
Imagineer

Originally Posted by WhereIBelong View Post
News this morning has just said they are currently preparing to shut down Shanghai Disney...
My god, for some reason I'm quite shocked by that.
Feebee2 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jan 20, 09:51 AM  
Link to this Post
Feebee2
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Ryles View Post
Did anyone see the article about them eating bat soup? Absolutely repulsive! I had to stop reading it in the end as it made me feel so 🤢🤮
Funnily enough I was watching something yesterday and someone said they were given a whole white frog to eat at a wedding.
Feebee2 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jan 20, 10:16 AM  
Link to this Post
pompeyboy
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

Think we need to get this in perspective, the population of China is 1.4 billion of those 800 have this virus and 25 have died. Whilst obviously distressing for those affected is there really the need to panic the whole world just yet based on such a small percentage.
pompeyboy is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jan 20, 10:21 AM  
Link to this Post
rasmus
Imagineer

rasmus's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 2
I'm worried about it, I'm coming back to the uk through gatwick for a visit in march.
I've had the virus since november, and with my asthma as well I still cant shift the coughing and gunk.
January 2019-Cabana bay/Homewood suites
rasmus is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jan 20, 10:21 AM  
Link to this Post
SussexFamily
Imagineer

Originally Posted by pompeyboy View Post
Think we need to get this in perspective, the population of China is 1.4 billion of those 800 have this virus and 25 have died. Whilst obviously distressing for those affected is there really the need to panic the whole world just yet based on such a small percentage.
I don’t think it’s panic but a case of putting controls and precautions in place atm along with monitoring procedures
SussexFamily is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List