Notices
ADR's, Dining, Food and Restaurants Anything and Everything to do with Eating.

Old 30 Jan 20, 08:40 PM  
Link to this Post
Rebecca_
slightly serious Dibber

I'm waiting until April to book, looking to go April 2021. We will be going and staying onsite regardless but if free dining isn't offered then we will just end up staying at the cheapest value resort.
Rebecca_ is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Jan 20, 08:55 PM  
Link to this Post
emmafleur
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by Mkp1974 View Post
Virgin is best, TUI is the best value...
Not necessarily. Virgin has messed up a few holidays over the last few years and TUI isn’t always best value

Edited at 08:57 PM.
emmafleur is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Jan 20, 09:24 PM  
Link to this Post
LLamb
Imagineer

Mobile

Yes us too, after ssr or okw for May 2021. So with either book somewhere else first and hopefully change or may have to wait until June to book.
We already have our villa for the second week.
It’s my 40th birthday trip so will probably rent points if no free dining.
LLamb is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Jan 20, 09:56 PM  
Link to this Post
Nells77
Relaxing at the Grand Floridian

Mobile

Originally Posted by Elodie View Post
It shouldn’t cost too much more for your 10 year old (unless you need to upgrade free dining from QSDP to DDP, or if having an extra adult puts you over the maximum room capacity for certain cheaper rooms).

My 12 year old didn’t cost anything extra for the hotel, and only Ł20 more than her 8 year old sister for park tickets. With the free DDP, the only time she’ll cost us more for meals is if we pay for any meals OOP, and for tips.

We stayed at CBR resort in July/August 2019 and when I’ve priced it up for the sameish dates 2021 it’s coming up at Ł2,500 more 😭 I presumed that was because one of them will be 11. It’s for a pirate room as that’s all it’s saying there is at the minute but I can’t see it costing that much more to be in one of them. And that isn’t what we want, it would just be a standard room
Nells77 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Jan 20, 10:18 PM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Nells77 View Post
We stayed at CBR resort in July/August 2019 and when I’ve priced it up for the sameish dates 2021 it’s coming up at Ł2,500 more 😭 I presumed that was because one of them will be 11. It’s for a pirate room as that’s all it’s saying there is at the minute but I can’t see it costing that much more to be in one of them. And that isn’t what we want, it would just be a standard room
It costs significantly more to stay in a pirate room due to the theming. Plus CBR went up in price after the Skyliner was completed.

Trip Report Index
sha9 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Jan 20, 10:18 PM  
Link to this Post
mrsmickey
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by Nells77 View Post
Have you looked at attraction tickets direct? They’re showing both preferred and pirate rooms in August, the pirate ones are more.

I’m a definite hold out for April, I’m aiming at BC but if no free dining or more limited this year we’ll downgrade, not that I’m complaining at that.

On the virgin v tui - neither! I DIY. I’ve had bad experiences with virgin and from what I hear from this forum I’m far from the only one.
mrsmickey is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Jan 20, 11:19 PM  
Link to this Post
kadypants
slightly serious Dibber

I have been getting quotes from some of the bigger package holiday providers that have released prices already and, although some of them are not coming out too badly, I think we are going to wait until April.

Does anyone know how difficult it would be to add DDP onto a booking with Virgin/Tui? Can it be done? It does say on their websites that it can, but I don't know how that would work. And any ideas on prices if we were to add it on to a package booking?
kadypants is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Jan 20, 09:24 AM  
Link to this Post
princessnicki
VIP Dibber

we are waiting until April for May 2021- wanting POFQ and upgrade to standard dining, if there is no free dining I suspect plan B will be one of the Allstars and pay for the dining plan

All of Team Bricki's Trip and Food Reports

2019- Our Super Secret Wedding and Honeymoon In Disney World
2022- Brett's 40th Celebrations In Orlando
2023- Lisbon and Sorrento
2024- Athens and Italy Tour
2025- Seville

INSTAGRAM teambricki_yorkshire_foodies
princessnicki is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Jan 20, 09:34 AM  
Link to this Post
Jaspercat10
VIP Dibber

We are waiting we have booking from last year for this Summer we are hoping to roll over on the same deal for next summer.
Old 31 Jan 20, 09:38 AM  
Link to this Post
Jadebe
Excited about Disney

We’re waiting until April. Was thinking of splitting travel/accommodation bookings, but given Thomas Cook problems and better protection on packages, will probably TUI it.