Notices
Walt Disney World and Florida Trip Reports Trip Reports and Videos

Old 9 Feb 20, 11:47 AM  
Link to this Post
MoorMickey
Trading Disney Pins

The Incredibles take a vacation - Feb 2020- Day 2 (Sana’a & Hoop Dee doo)

A rare and magical thing happened- Dash slept all the way through til 6:30, in his own bed (he’s the worst sleeper usually). I was awake on and off from 2am or so, but managed to keep dozing til 5:30. We had a leisurely start and headed over to Sana’a for breakfast. It was chilly this morning on our stroll. Mr I had the Boere breakfast, I had the kids platter, Violet had Mickey waffles and Dash had cereal. We grabbed a table by the window, watching wilderbeast. Soon the Cranes came right up to our window and entertained us with their dance moves.

Back at our hotel room we chilled some more watching the Giraffe from the balcony whilst the kids amused themselves with the Disney books we brought. After a wonder round the hotel looking at the Zebras, we grabbed lunch from the Mara. We shared a pepperoni flatbread and kids nuggets between us (and a Magic hat beer, which was kind of fruity).

It had warmed up by now so we went off to the pool for a while. The kids had fun splashing around and on the small water slide.

An early shower and change before we headed off to camp wilderness for the 4pm Hoop Dee Doo revue. The campsite is huge, the motor homes were bigger than some apartments I’ve seen back home. The show was really silly, but we all really enjoyed it. We were so stuffed, but there was loads of food left. The chicken was everyone’s favourite, the ribs and beans were a little sweet for us, but still good. There was also corn bread, green beans, mash & Mac n cheese and strawberry shortcake for dessert. Our server was excellent and kept the drinks flowing without ever being asked. Mr I was so impressed, that he left an extra 20% tip, despite gratuities being included. The show was funny and a good outing, I think it was a great use of dining plan credits. In high spirits, but feeling the jet lag we headed back to the hotel (the kids still singing).

I let them watch tv for a while Warhol’s Mr I and I sat on the balcony. It was only 7:30 and I was trying to stay up a bit longer to fight off the jet lag. By 9 I gave up and went to bed. We’ve been so busy back home that I think it’s hitting us harder here. We all needed the quieter day today. It was still a great day though.

Edited at 11:54 AM.
MoorMickey is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Feb 20, 01:41 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Lots done once again

Joan
Old 11 Feb 20, 12:20 PM  
Link to this Post
Kat11
VIP Dibber

Another great day. I know what you are saying as I usually hit a brick wall to about day 3 too. I’ve found that earlier starts the first week then later starts for the second week really work well.

Kat
WDW: Onsite: HRH/POFQ - October 2019
WDW: Partner Hotel: Hilton LBV @ DS & RPR - April 2022
DLC: LA - San Fran inc: DLC & Universal - Aug/Sept 2023
Kat11 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List