Notices
Walt Disney World and Florida Trip Reports Trip Reports and Videos

Old 24 Feb 20, 07:15 PM  
Link to this Post
ChoppyGirl
VIP Dibber

Day 11 Hollywood Studios and Yachtsman Steakhouse

After a comfy night at The Boardwalk villas we got ready to go over to Hollywood Studios. We were going with the flow this trip so didn’t bother with getting there for rope drop and got the friendship boat over there.

You can see our room here on the right above the Screen Door General Store.

Galaxys Edge has opened the week before but none of us are really bothered about Star Wars so we headed over to our favourite ride Tower of Terror which we had a fast pass for. Being quiet there we rode a couple of times then went over to Rock n Roller. There was a 30 minute queue and I wasn’t really bothered and neither was Paul so Beth went on as a single rider (twice) and me and Paul sat on a wall and shared a beer. I then at a look at MDE and saw this:

So even though we weren’t bothered about GE we decided we would be silly not to have a look if it was that quiet. Even though Star Wars doesn’t float my boat, I couldn’t help but be impressed with the theming and the fully immersive experience of the land. We joined the queue for Smugglers Run.

The queue wasn’t too bad and we got on the ride. The problem was that a child who was about 4 was put as a pilot with her mum helping her and we spent half the ride crashed. To say that I was underwhelmed with the ride was an understatement but I am not overly keen on Star Tours either. It was ok for a 40 minute wait but I would not have been happy with anything over that.

Me and Beth grabbed a coke as we walked through the land.

We decided to see if we could get on Slinky Dog Dash and the queue was only 20 minutes so we joined that and loved the ride. The clouds were drawing in so we decided to cut our losses and go back to the resort and got the boat to the Boardwalk.

Luckily the clouds passed and we decided to spend a few hours by the pool. Beth stayed in the room so just me and Paul went down. We found some seats which were just ok but then someone moved from prime poolside ones by the gentle steps so we went there. I took my refillable mug with me and Paul had a beer. We spent a good 2 or 3 hours down there and dipped in the pool to keep cool. I love Disney resort pools but sometimes the ‘entertainment’ does start to get on my nerves with the constant sound of a cm on a loud microphone.

We had a reservation at Yachtsman Steakhouse so we had to drag ourselves back to the room to get showered and changed.

After all getting ready I went to the cash point on The Boardwalk to draw some more the rest of the cash on the FairFX card and realised that the card was not in my purse. After panicking I couldn’t remember having seen it after Raglan Road and realised I must have left it there. Looking at the app nothing extra had been charged to the card. Luckily Beth still had her card which was linked to my account but she didn’t know the PIN number so I called FairFX, got my card cancelled and got them to let me have the pin for Beth’s after answering security questions. I used the app beforehand to transfer the funds to Beth’s account.

I needed a stiff drink after all that so we went to Abracadabar. I went to open the door but it didn’t open (even though it was upposed to be) so we stood deciding what to do. Paul tried the door again and it opended . In my defence it was very stiff and when we were sat in the bar we saw others do the same.

It was very quiet inside (none could get in!) and I could have stayed there longer as it was lovely and the drinks were very strong. I can’t remember the name but it was a margarita type drink that I had.

Our adr was calling us so we had a slow wander over to the Yacht Club. We checked in and had a little wait and were shown to our table. Me and Beth had a fillet steak and Paul would have had a bigger one but no idea which. They were all cooked perfectly.

The infamous onion rolls

I had the potato and leek gratin, Paul had fries and Beth had the sweet potato casserole.

Me and Paul shared a bottle of wine. I don’t normally drink red wine but it was lovely.

A bit of drama with a table near us which was a British family of mum, nan and 2 teenage sons (I think). The nan managed to knock a full glass of water all over her. They must have been staying at the resort as she went and got changed quite quickly.

Just a pud for me and Beth as Paul doesn’t eat them. No notes and I can’t see it on the current menu but the cake type thing was a bit odd - I only ate about half of it.

All in all the meal was fabulous and the server was great so a 20% tip was given. We will be back - hopefully on a dining plan next time though.

We had a slow full bellies walk back to the Boardwalk, taking a few photos on the way.

2014 Saratoga Springs Resort
2017 Animal Kingdom Lodge
2019 Highlands Reserve/Grand Plaza/Boardwalk Villa
2023 Vero Beach/Portofino Bay/Coronado Springs Club level

2024 Wilderness Lodge/Grand Floridian
2025 Disneyland Hotel DLP

Edited at 07:19 PM.
ChoppyGirl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List