Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 18 Feb 20, 01:05 PM  
Link to this Post
Mermazing
Earning More Ears

Mobile Planning park days

Hi everyone,

We are second timers travelling at the end of August this year. I’m coming up to 180 days this weekend so starting to think about ADR’s and therefore which parks we plan to be at each day.

I don’t think I did a great job of this last time, we seemed to spend a lot of time at certain parks and not very much at for example, Epcot and water parks.

Just looking for some tips on how you split you days etc really. We have 14 days, would like to do an outlet day in our last week to maximise labour day discounts and we want to do MNSSHP with a water park the next day to make up for the late night. Not sure which party date to go for though. Ideally would like to do a few park days, water park/outlets to break it up a bit.

Any tips would be gratefully received! Thank you!
Mermazing is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Feb 20, 01:57 PM  
Link to this Post

When I am planning now, I typically just plan the morning and evening and keep afternoons flexible. Occasionally I keep a morning flexible or keep it park free and have a leisurely late breakfast somewhere. I only decide which park to use fast passes on for each day, but in reality we may go to another park afterwards, but I keep that flexible.

I don’t think there is a right answer over how many time to start at each park. You need to decide that for yourselves depending upon your favourites, but I do start off by making this decision. For my next trip I have ten days into plan fastpasses for, I currently plan to have three at MK and HS and two lots of fastpasses for AK and Epcot - I possibly will change that to three for AK and one for Epcot as it is our least favourite park.

We don’t want to do a waterpark next trip, but if we did we would do it Monday to Thursday and plan fastpasses for the afternoon or evening that day. I would also book fastpasses on shopping days for afternoon or evening.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Feb 20, 05:00 PM  
Link to this Post
Button17
Imagineer

Mobile

I started with a huge bit of paper and marked it into boxes for each day, like a calendar. I looked at the busy day guide and worked out which days to avoid which parks. I then put in our rest days, we had 2 rest days in 14 days.

Worked out when the evening shows were and went from there.

I tried to spread days out, ie, Epcot, MK, HS, AK, rest Day, water park, MK, Epcot, AK, HS, Water park, MK, etc. Had to change it a bit when got FPs for FoP.

Break it down into manageable chunks. It took lots of rubbing out and several pieces of paper but blue tacked it onto door and worked on it, adding in ADRs, then FPs, etc as we got closer.

Good luck
Button17 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Feb 20, 06:22 PM  
Link to this Post
Noodle500
Imagineer

I do it in a spreadsheet. Split the day into 3, morning, afternoon and evening. In the side of each day I mark up above parks have extra magic parks. I allocate a colour for each park and a colour for water parks that way it's easier to spot if you're picking the same park too often.
I sometimes double book a certain restaurant in case plans change
Noodle500 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Feb 20, 01:30 AM  
Link to this Post
Tinkjon
Imagineer

Tinkjon's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 7
I work out how many days we'll want in each park first (admit that can be hard to do for a 1st/2nd timer). It's basically one day for AK, water parks, Busch, Discovery Cove etc., 1.5 days DHs and Epcot and 2/3 days MK. I then use the Dibb's busy day guide to choose which days to fit this in. Then try to get a rest day or water park day in every few days to give the legs a rest.

it takes a LOT of tweaking and it's rarely perfect but that's the only way I can do it.
Tinkjon is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Feb 20, 09:55 AM  
Link to this Post
Mermazing
Earning More Ears

Mobile

Thank you everyone. I’ll definitely try a spreadsheet style plan, I like the idea of colour coding so I can easily see if I have too much of any one park.

I think as Tinkjon said it’s quite hard to decide how many times to go to each park. Last time we all had different favourites and I’m also conscious of needing more time in HS this time as my husband and son are big Star Wars fans.

Looking at the pricing of MNSSHP, I think we’ll go for a Tuesday night which we did last time too. People seem to think the mid week parties are quieter, although the Tuesday we went to in 2018 was absolutely jam packed!
Mermazing is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Feb 20, 10:06 AM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by Mermazing View Post
Thank you everyone. I’ll definitely try a spreadsheet style plan, I like the idea of colour coding so I can easily see if I have too much of any one park.

I think as Tinkjon said it’s quite hard to decide how many times to go to each park. Last time we all had different favourites and I’m also conscious of needing more time in HS this time as my husband and son are big Star Wars fans.

Looking at the pricing of MNSSHP, I think we’ll go for a Tuesday night which we did last time too. People seem to think the mid week parties are quieter, although the Tuesday we went to in 2018 was absolutely jam packed!
I use a spreadsheet too, as somebody else mentioned I split it into morning, afternoon evening, I also include boxes for breakfast lunch dinner and I mark up the morning and evening EMH for each day. Finally at the bottom I include three rows for that days advance fastpasses and I colour code just those boxes by park.

I think HS does warrant a fair bit of time now with the new lands and also the new Mickey ride. That is why I will be using as many days of my advance fastpasses on HS as in MK.

Regarding MNSSHP, I think people that have been at the weekend may assume weekday is quieter. I have rarely seen anyone that went on a weekday say it was quiet though. We went on two separate Tuesdays in September 2019 and it was utterly rammed.

Edited at 10:07 AM.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List