Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 18 Feb 20, 09:53 PM  
Link to this Post
ianmstewart
Gone all Goofy

Mobile

Originally Posted by Khandsley View Post
Yea we depart on 1st Oct from ABZ-LHR-MIA-MCO
Yea was hoping worst case they just re-book

I’m a terrible traveller... love to have everything planned and orginised down to a T ha ha ha
We did this exact route in 2015 with the same tight connection. We were 30 mins late leaving LHR so missed the connection. If we'd left on time we'd have made it - just. Good news is we got booked on the next flight to MCO an hour or so later so weren't delayed that much.

My tip would be not to panic, it's quite a hike from the international arrival in Miami through to the domestic departures. We panicked trying to rush to make the connection and lost my dad! All turned out fine in the end but in hindsight we should have just taken our time and not worried about making the connection. They'll get you there and if you're delayed more than 3 hours you can get some financial compensation to make up for it. We still had the best time so try not to worry.
ianmstewart is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Feb 20, 09:56 PM  
Link to this Post
Khandsley
Trying for More Ears

Originally Posted by ianmstewart View Post
We did this exact route in 2015 with the same tight connection. We were 30 mins late leaving LHR so missed the connection. If we'd left on time we'd have made it - just. Good news is we got booked on the next flight to MCO an hour or so later so weren't delayed that much.

My tip would be not to panic, it's quite a hike from the international arrival in Miami through to the domestic departures. We panicked trying to rush to make the connection and lost my dad! All turned out fine in the end but in hindsight we should have just taken our time and not worried about making the connection. They'll get you there and if you're delayed more than 3 hours you can get some financial compensation to make up for it. We still had the best time so try not to worry.

Thanks for the advise! My husband keeps telling me the same LOL but I’m such a worrier... as long as I make it to Orlando and my villa I will be happy ha ha
Khandsley is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Feb 20, 11:04 PM  
Link to this Post
mrsbenny
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by tspill View Post
If you choose not to complete a leg of your flight - the remaining flights are cancelled. So driving isn't an option.
Mine wasn’t cancelled with delta a few years ago. Our flight Detroit to Orlando got cancelled so I booked spirit airlines independently. Just sent them a tweet next day to tell them what happened and they replied saying it was fine they wouldn’t cancel return flight. Thankfully the flights home were fine and none cancelled or delayed!
mrsbenny is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Feb 20, 01:05 AM  
Link to this Post
Posiesmum
VIP Dibber

Posiesmum's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 3

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 2
Guidebook Photos: 3
Originally Posted by mrsbenny View Post
Mine wasn’t cancelled with delta a few years ago. Our flight Detroit to Orlando got cancelled so I booked spirit airlines independently. Just sent them a tweet next day to tell them what happened and they replied saying it was fine they wouldn’t cancel return flight. Thankfully the flights home were fine and none cancelled or delayed!
I suspect I might be different if the airline cancels the flight. You got a good result.

Villefranche-sur-Mer/Monaco - June and July 2024
Orlando for Thanksgiving - November/December 2024
Belfast/Dublin/Vancouver - June 2025
Posiesmum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Feb 20, 07:25 AM  
Link to this Post
loopyloo33
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

Why dont you try ringing and asking to be put on a different flight as you feel the connection is too tight? Maybe an earlier outbound from LHR or even the direct LGW-MCO flight?
loopyloo33 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Feb 20, 07:27 AM  
Link to this Post
Khandsley
Trying for More Ears

Originally Posted by loopyloo33 View Post
Why dont you try ringing and asking to be put on a different flight as you feel the connection is too tight? Maybe an earlier outbound from LHR or even the direct LGW-MCO flight?
Yea tried that... not getting through the BA due to current situations been trying for a week
Khandsley is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Feb 20, 09:02 AM  
Link to this Post
mrsbenny
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Posiesmum View Post
I suspect I might be different if the airline cancels the flight. You got a good result.
They rebooked us on a flight two days later which we didn’t take. So was a no show for the final flight. I just got in touch with them as soon as I could. I still got messages to check in etc but we were already at Disney!
mrsbenny is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Feb 20, 11:24 AM  
Link to this Post
tspill
Imagineer

Originally Posted by mrsbenny View Post
I think that is a different scenario and not the same as what the OP was suggesting.
tspill is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List