Notices

Old 14 Sep 21, 12:16 AM  
Link to this Post
Joosebug1987
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by alkel2730 View Post
I’d say yes there is enough for adults to do! It is kid friendly but still loads for adults. Mini land is fab.

You will 100% be ok on the new ride! It’s exactly like Soarin seat wise, pull out seat belt and clips into side. The whole park is very accommodating, trust me I worry about this too! xx
Thanks so much for answering so quickly! I've been stressing out and not managing to find much online. I was absolutely fine on soarin so thats good to know :-)
We are going to Chessington but figured since in the area would like to pop in to see all the lego models and for the new ride!x
Joosebug1987 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Sep 21, 12:26 AM  
Link to this Post
alkel2730
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Joosebug1987 View Post
Thanks so much for answering so quickly! I've been stressing out and not managing to find much online. I was absolutely fine on soarin so thats good to know :-)
We are going to Chessington but figured since in the area would like to pop in to see all the lego models and for the new ride!x
If it helps join the Merlin slimming group on Facebook - there’s loads of info on there about Chessington and legoland but you will be a absolutely fine at legoland! It’s very friendly. I worried so much and was fine! Way better than AT. Do the dragon ride too, super fun! Have the best trip!
2012 - Sept The 'anniversary trip' SSR. - 2013 - October the bonus trip to POR
2015 - 20th trip!September WLV first trip with DD!
2017 - Sept Poly first trip with two toddlers!
2018 - May AKV & POR the last before school trip.
2019 - May SSR & Kidani
2022 - April Poly, SSR, WLV
2023 - POFQ & AKL
alkel2730 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Sep 21, 01:02 AM  
Link to this Post
Joosebug1987
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by alkel2730 View Post
If it helps join the Merlin slimming group on Facebook - there’s loads of info on there about Chessington and legoland but you will be a absolutely fine at legoland! It’s very friendly. I worried so much and was fine! Way better than AT. Do the dragon ride too, super fun! Have the best trip!
Brilliant will check that out thank you :-) hoping to be able to do a few bits at Chessington too. Not bothered about big coasters but hoping I can fit on crock drop and the log flume etc.x
Joosebug1987 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Sep 21, 12:20 PM  
Link to this Post
rking89
Getting Excited

We went to Legoland in July for 1 day and going back in a few weeks.

Best UK theme park we've been to (we did Chessington the day after and were so underwhelmed) compared.

Was most impressed with the Nigango ride and my 3 year old 93cm was able to go on it as well (can expect how the new Spiderman ride at DLP DS will be like when it opens next year).

We were able to do a lot later in the day from 3-5 when the queues got a lot shorter (or people got fed up and went home as they were wet). Hope we can get on Sky lion as little one isn't tall enough and we'll have to ride separately.

Paris 06, 19, 22?
rking89 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Sep 21, 05:31 PM  
Link to this Post
excitedbunny79
Imagineer

Anyone looking for a Santa Visit, Legoland is brilliant at Christmas. They line all the paths with Christmas trees and pre covid the Father Christmas was amazing. We definitely met the real one!

excitedbunny79 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Sep 21, 10:09 PM  
Link to this Post
mrsmickey
Very Serious Dibber

I really wouldn’t worry too much about croc drop, it’s massively overhyped IMHO. In terms of legoland for adults, then I’d suggest flight of the skylion, NINJAGO, monster house party and deep sea are all quite good. The Viking river rapids are very tame. Spider is fun but it is a squeeze in the barrel cars.
mrsmickey is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Sep 21, 09:43 AM  
Link to this Post
miked1e
Imagineer

miked1e's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Thank you so much for this thread... I was just coming on here to ask a few things which you have answered.

We are visiting for the first time to Legoland for Brick or Treat staying in the Legoland hotel for 2 nights, with 2 days park pass and the ultimate ride and reserve for the Saturday.

We have a lego mad 4yr old and will be a 2 month old also.

Just booked breakfast for the 2 mornings, dinner in both Tournament Tavern and Bricks and also 2 pool sessions. 1 for each day which we have booked towards the end of the park opening hours. I think if we are in there for 1000hrs each day we will likely have had enough or be done by 3-4pm anyhow.

Any other tips would be greatly appreciated.

We are coming down from Liverpool, so staying over half way on the Thursday (DS breaks up from school this day). Friday and Saturday in the parks then travelling back up on Sunday via Cadburys World.

DS is quite small for his age (was 6.5weeks prem), but we have just hit the 1m mark which means he will be able to go on most of the rides I believe?

Any ride reviews / recommendations please... it took us a little while for him to get on the RattleSnake at Knowsley Safari Park (small childrens coaster), so hoping that there will be a small step up for him with the rides at Legoland to get a bit more confidence ready for Orlando next May.
Old 23 Sep 21, 10:21 AM  
Link to this Post
rking89
Getting Excited

Originally Posted by miked1e View Post
Thank you so much for this thread... I was just coming on here to ask a few things which you have answered.

We are visiting for the first time to Legoland for Brick or Treat staying in the Legoland hotel for 2 nights, with 2 days park pass and the ultimate ride and reserve for the Saturday.

We have a lego mad 4yr old and will be a 2 month old also.

Just booked breakfast for the 2 mornings, dinner in both Tournament Tavern and Bricks and also 2 pool sessions. 1 for each day which we have booked towards the end of the park opening hours. I think if we are in there for 1000hrs each day we will likely have had enough or be done by 3-4pm anyhow.

Any other tips would be greatly appreciated.

We are coming down from Liverpool, so staying over half way on the Thursday (DS breaks up from school this day). Friday and Saturday in the parks then travelling back up on Sunday via Cadburys World.

DS is quite small for his age (was 6.5weeks prem), but we have just hit the 1m mark which means he will be able to go on most of the rides I believe?

Any ride reviews / recommendations please... it took us a little while for him to get on the RattleSnake at Knowsley Safari Park (small childrens coaster), so hoping that there will be a small step up for him with the rides at Legoland to get a bit more confidence ready for Orlando next May.
Try the Lego Duplo Dino coaster if you want to build him up. My DS (3) has no fear and did this, Dragon's apprentice and Merlin's challenge which go up in size and speed and loved everyone. (Scorpion Express in Chessington we did 3 times in a row he loved it so much before the park closed) The Lego Ninjago ride is my favourite and he was happy enough playing along with his 3d glasses on.

Paris 06, 19, 22?
rking89 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Sep 21, 10:52 PM  
Link to this Post
mrsmickey
Very Serious Dibber

The queues can be long at legoland so you may find you don’t get a huge amount done by the swimming time. It’s worth being in the park at the end of the day as the queues really drop down a lot but get it can be tiring for a little one.

Legoland isn’t a big thrills park but definitely try to get him on the dragon if you can, even if you have to build him up with duplo and the apprentice first
mrsmickey is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List