Notices
Shanghai, Tokyo and Hong Kong Theme Parks Shanghai, Tokyo and Hong Kong Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 2 Dec 21, 09:30 AM  
Link to this Post
AntonyJ
VIP Dibber

Got "fall back" flights for October next year, if next May does not happen..

Well we have a Tokyo trip in May planned and the reward flight seats all got on ANA, but am not sure it will happen as not sure Japan will open up again by then. I hope it does, but am not sure.

So this morning had a slightly nervy call to Virgin at 07:00 to get flight out reward seats for flights in October next year, and nagged 2 seats on the 29th.

Got First Class for my partner but only Economy for myself, there was a Business seat but someone else nabbed it before me , the swine's!

Cost £505 in taxes and fees for both seats, plus 92,500 Virgin points. The First seats would cost £7803 and the Economy Seat £1032 - a good friend on here told me that one way tickets are more expensive to buy, round trip is best value.

So will start looking out for return flights in a couple of weeks.
AntonyJ is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Dec 21, 10:46 PM  
Link to this Post
kk20
Imagineer

TBH we are resigned to not going back to Japan for some time now. 2022 will be a farewellto WDW trip then we are looking at Safari and Sun in 2023.
kk20 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Dec 21, 09:42 PM  
Link to this Post
AntonyJ
VIP Dibber

Got our return flights now in early November - have just over a week now.

First for partner but me in Economy again ……..

Got a year to try and get better seats for me 🤞🤞🤞🤞🙏🙏🙏🙏
AntonyJ is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Dec 21, 04:54 PM  
Link to this Post
shabba
Apprentice Imagineer

shabba's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Totally given up on getting to Japan next year (would be 3rd time of trying) we have e-vouchers with BA which have to be used by Sept 2023. Only time we could travel then would be May 2023.

If it doesn't happen then, it never will.
shabba is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Jan 22, 08:44 PM  
Link to this Post
AntonyJ
VIP Dibber

Well I feel our May trip is iffy to say the least, but not given up all hope on it going ahead. Yesterday we rebooked all the hotels for that trip at lower rates, saved nearly £400 on the various ones for the 2 weeks.

If it does not happen in May with get back the cost of the tickets and the miles, and will then try to extend the October / November trip in hopes it goes ahead.

My head tells me to cancel it all and go for autumn 2023 when the new TDR expansion will have opened, but my heart wants to go sooner.
Old 4 Jan 22, 02:07 PM  
Link to this Post
Rae21
Excited about Disney

I feel the same AntonyJ. I’ve pretty much resigned myself to not be going this year but am looking at November 2023 for a longer holiday taking in Tokyo Disney/Disneysea, Tokyo, Kyoto, Osaka and USJ. (Was originally planning just Disney and Tokyo)
Obviously if everything changes and things open up I’d love to go earlier so I’m keeping everything crossed 😊
Rae21 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Feb 22, 02:28 PM  
Link to this Post
Claudette
VIP Dibber

Any news on the Japan travel front?

DH and I would like to visit in the next year or two, wish we had an idea of when.
Claudette is online now Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Feb 22, 06:37 AM  
Link to this Post
AntonyJ
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Claudette View Post
Any news on the Japan travel front?

DH and I would like to visit in the next year or two, wish we had an idea of when.
Nothing of note, no :-(
Old 6 Feb 22, 01:28 PM  
Link to this Post
r.mac
Excited about Disney

hello -

we are thinking of heading out in October this year. Primarily to see Japan, but the prospect of getting a disney fix at the same time is strong!

loving reading all the trip reports and links to vlogs etc.

What are your thoughts on things opening up by October 22?
r.mac is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Feb 22, 07:00 PM  
Link to this Post
AntonyJ
VIP Dibber

Come back here at end on month - the current Japanese restrictions run until the end of Feb and then will be reassessed - hopefully that might give an idea of next steps.

I am not sure they will be open by May but the fact that both Australia and New Zealand are talking opening up again gives me ….. hope