Notices

Old 22 Mar 22, 03:00 PM  
Link to this Post
2point
VIP Dibber

Lured back to the Magic

This will be our first 'real' Caribbean cruise.

We've been on the Disney Magic for Xmas 2015 which visited Key West and Castaway Cay and the Disney Wonder 2017 transiting the Panama Canal after stopping at Castaway Cay.

As lovely as Disney cruise are they have just gotten soooo expensive. I spotted a deal for the Allure of the Seas with Vacationstogo (US agent) which hooked us in, 6 days for $1300 (it ended up being $1150 as it was repriced a few weeks ago - bargain!)

When we went on the Panama Canal trip as we approached Port Canaveral I said to my wife, oooh look, there's our ship next to that office block. The office block turned out to be the Oasis of the Seas! I promised myself we'd go on an Oasis class on a future cruise.

Itinerary for the cruise is

We're driving down to LHR on 25th March to stay at the Premier Inn Bath Road overnight then flying BA out to Miami.

Get nice and earlier into Miami, 15:20 then checking into the Urbanica Meridian on 5th Avenue Miami Beach.

Looking forward to walking up Ocean Drive to view the wildlife!

Early start on the Sunday morning as our Port Arrival Time is 11am, will be getting an Uber up to Fort Lauderdale.

We did a UK Staycation on the Anthem of the Seas in October and loved it, have big expectations for the Allure. Our room was booked as a 'Neighbourhood Balcony Guarantee', we've been allocated a Central Park balcony on Deck 10. It's in the middle of that block on the right.

As this is one of those 'we've been locked down for 2 years so let's enjoy ourselves' type holidays we've paid for the Ultimate Drinks Package and the Ultimate Dining Package. After seeing our final 'bill' (we had the drinks package) on the Anthem in October we already know how much that is going to save us!

Plan is to enjoy everything on the ship, do as many activities we can. First port is Cozumel, we're planning to get cab into downtown and take a self guided tour. Second port is Roatan, open minded on this one - maybe a cab to West Bay for snorkelling, maybe just beach break at Mahogany Bay. Third port is Costa Maya, we've booked an excursion to Choccoben.

After returning to Fort Lauderdale we're picking up the car and heading up to Orlando, got a night at the Rosen Pointe and will be using our annual pass to Seaword to enjoy the Seven Seas Festival.

Have 5 nights booked at Old Key West with our DVC Points (some were rolled over due to Covid and needed to be used/sold by end of May 2022)

Meeting up with American friends we met on the Panama cruise, will be our third trip together, with another booked on the Dream in September.

Last night will be spent back in Miami, we have the 21:30 flight booked for the Saturday so have all day to kill around the pool and beach. I know, but we'll just have to suffer it!

I've booked the Rui in Mid Beach.

We're driving down early Friday so I can valet the car and have the afternoon in Little Havana.

2point is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List