Notices

Old 28 Mar 22, 09:01 PM  
Link to this Post
spectrolee
Proud to wear my Ears

Spectrolee - Day 2 - The Fingers Crossed Trip Epcot & Magic Kingdom

After saying good morning to one of the Wilderness Lodge resident bunnies, we were off to Epcot this morning to let Joni have her first ride on Soarin'
We had fast passes for 11am, but some of us headed over earlier to do a stand-by ride on it also.

After a walk on ride at Spaceship Earth we took a stroll around the butterfly garden.

After riding Soarin' we had some breakfast snacks in Sunshine Seasons. It may be a nostalgia thing, but we all love hanging around in here.

Joni had her eye on this 50th treat

Off to the Nemo ride next - was cool seeing the divers in the tank on the ride

Obligatory Bruce photo

We picked up some of these Dory scavenger hunt books. We all had fun looking for the fish.

We found the turtle in a cool place!

Back for the Soarin' lightening lane. The kids absolutely loved this (well, we all did)

Time for another scavenger hunt - this time we're on the lookout for Spike the bee (this is a paid for hunt, with a prize)

The prize is this cool little snack box. There are 4 different designs you can choose from.

A wee bit shy meeting Mary Poppins

We strolled round to Japan for lunch in the Katsura Grill quick service restaurant. There was a huge queue but it went down very quickly.

I've got to be quicker at taking photos before they get half eaten.
Chicken cutlet curry

The menu only had chicken and shrimp or chicken and beef teriyaki
They were happy to make up a shrimp and beef one though.
It was all delicious.

Davie thought getting Joni and Ed swords was a good idea!

Got what he deserved lol!

Headed out of Epcot at 3:30 to cool
Down back at the pool. We waited quite a while for a bus to come, but it was quite cool in the shade.

Joni really wanted to go on Splash Mountain so I had grabbed us some lightening lanes earlier for tonight.

Drenched!

After another lightening lane, this time for Haunted Mansion, we all headed to Columbia Harbour House for a bite to eat.

This was the ‘Spoon for one more' clam chowder in a bread bowl. Delicious and quite filling and was only 7.49

It was really quiet at the Tangled area, so we had a seat here and watched the fireworks.

We ended the night with our first ride on Small
World this trip.

Today was a fantastic day.
Genie plus worked well for what we wanted to do, but if you want to do the most popular rides, you may need to be in the park all day as by the time you can book the second popular ride the times can be a lot later.

spectrolee is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Mar 22, 03:51 PM  
Link to this Post
app
DIBB App Manager

New Photo Added by spectrolee - 30 Mar 22 3:51 PM.
app is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Apr 22, 08:01 AM  
Link to this Post
scottishnellie
VIP Dibber

scottishnellie's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 2
Mobile

Another nice chilled day. I can’t get over how grown up Joni is now! Time goes too quickly.

We’ve all got those Bruce jaws photos - just has to be done!

Food looks good.

Is it nice n warm then Lee? I’m struggling to imagine it is given we’ve had hailstones for 2 days. I keep adding warm stuff to my case ‘just in case’. You know how cold I always am 🤣

Helen xx

Here's a link to all my previous trip reports since 2015
trip report list by year
scottishnellie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Apr 22, 08:47 PM  
Link to this Post
spectrolee
Proud to wear my Ears

Originally Posted by scottishnellie View Post
Another nice chilled day. I can’t get over how grown up Joni is now! Time goes too quickly.

We’ve all got those Bruce jaws photos - just has to be done!

Food looks good.

Is it nice n warm then Lee? I’m struggling to imagine it is given we’ve had hailstones for 2 days. I keep adding warm stuff to my case ‘just in case’. You know how cold I always am 🤣
You’ll probably need a cardi for the mornings and when the sun goes down, it’s been blue skies so far, but forecast to be overcast for the next week x

(oh, and I have a miniature teenager!)
spectrolee is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List