Notices
Disneyland Paris Trip Reports Trip Reports

Old 20 May 22, 09:55 PM  
Link to this Post
ScaryFairy
Earning More Ears

This was supposed to be two nights at Cheyenne - day 1 travel day and Val d’Europe

Pre-trip report can be found here:
https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho... php?t=1222841

The alarm went at 02:30 but I was already awake and waiting.
I had a quick shower and then packed the remaining bits. Essentially I took a weeks food shopping and a few clothes. I made a pack up for breakfast and lunch and triple checked the travel bags.

At 03:30 I woke my DS and dressed him. We were in the car by 03:40 and at the airport in ten minutes so arrived just before 4am.

The airport was surprisingly busy and I’m glad we left the full two hours to get through. In a change of plan from my pre-trippie I borrowed a buggy from my niece. She has a baby jogger she was happy for us to take and it seemed a better idea than buying once there because my son is so tall.

My suitcase was 9kg over weight 🤦 that’s the cartons of oat milk. EasyJet do say you can have a carry on bag for medical needs but honestly I couldn’t carry the separate bag and I couldn’t bring myself to argue. £90 on excess luggage was paid swiftly and with out question 🙈.

The old lady behind was scowling away at me for my delay to her journey. I kept moving forward to try and get some space and she kept moving in to my space. Malachi was rocking the pram and I was quite concerned we were going to end up banging in to her. I was a bit flustered and pleased to get rid of the suitcase.

At this point I informed the ground staff of Malachi’s allergy and they made sure it was noted on our boarding pass.

Security was busy but well organised. I had so much stuff to sort out when it came to separating liquids. I was putting all the medication and EPI pens out and so conscious of the queue behind me. I said to the man I’m so sorry, I’ll be quick as I can. He said ‘mate, I’m going on holiday, nothings going to upset me, take all the time you need’. How nice was that man 🥰 he proper calmed me down and probably without even realising it.

The pram had to be swabbed, and the EPI pens had to be tested so we did spend a bit of time in security. All in all we were through by about 04:50 so a good hour from luggage drop to the gate.

I was so surprised to see how big Luton airport is now! We had a 5am shop in Next as DS needed swim shorts and then a quick stop in boots for wipes and sun cream.

The gate came up just after 5 and it was gate 4 which was miles away. Thank goodness I was allowed to keep the buggy to the gate. We got put in the priority boarding queue and I paid forward some of the earlier gentleman’s kindness giving out a few masks to people who had not realised you have to wear disposables.

I informed the cabin crew on boarding of Malachis allergies and they checked I had the EPI pens on me and moved us to an empty row so I didn’t have to worry so much about someone eating near us. The were lovely and I was really grateful. Before take off they did an announcement in French and English to not eat any nuts and explained the rationale is the recycled air. I think it’s so important to explain why to people so I was really pleased with this. The seats were clean but I gave a quick wipe down just to be sure and then Malachi hopped right in to his seat and started to explore his travel bag and got super excited by his camera. He said ‘thank you so Much mummy for doing this for me. I really love you now’ I suggested he could drop the ‘now’!

We took off around 6:20 and were told a flight time of one hour. Malachi was so well behaved and coped very well with the flight. I’d decided we wouldn’t eat or drink on the flight and in reality we were no sooner up than coming back down so it wasn’t even an issue.

We landed an hour later, 08:20 local time. Immigration was pretty quick and painless. They very kindly put those with under
5’s to the front but even if they hadn’t it wasn’t a big line. The buggy came of on the carousel of over sized luggage and the suitcase followed at the next belt along.

It was then a good 20 minute walk to the Magical Express. You head towards terminal 2E/F and make sure you stay in the arrivals level. I found it easier to follow signs to the coach station. When you see Marks and Spencer’s you go left past it and that’s the first time you see a sign. If you see the Tourism place you’ve gone too far. It’s a bit hidden to be honest and I know I wasn’t the only one to think so.

The first Magical Express was full and there was a bit of a queue. We met a lovely family in the queue and exchanged a little chit chat about the adventures ahead. The very lovely lady helped my DS on and her husband put my bag and pram on which was a life saver as it was a bit of a scrum and if I’m honest I’ve had some very new and exciting news a week or two ago which means I need to avoid lifting. Even with all the walking and queuing we were on board and on our way by 09:45. DS ate 1 and a half jam sandwiches and then figured it’s a holiday and cracked open the Haribo. There was quite heavy traffic around the airport but once we passed that we seemed to move fairly swiftly. Once in the Disney area we stopped first at Newport Bay which from the outside looked really lovely, then Cheyenne which impressed DS, then Sequia Lodge and then Santa Fe. It was 11:00 by the time we arrived.

Thoughts on the Magical Express, it’s neither very magical or very express but it is easy and felt like a safe option.

Santa Fe looks pretty cool as you pull up with the big Cars Picture and the theming and it was so nice to see DS excited. The lovely family that helped me on helped me off which was such a help. I thought check in would take forever but the queue moved really quick. We got our Magical Passes (but no park tickets for today) and headed to luggage drop.

By 11:30 I had a Starbucks in hand and was strolling out of Santa Fe and towards Disney Village. DS in the pram with some toy story soldiers he had already managed to swindle me in to (€15) I also brought a Chip and Dale lanyard (€10) and a French Mickey pin (€8).

The stroll round the lake was beautiful. The sun was shining and there was music playing from Cheyenne. Beautiful flowers along the path and ducks in the water. I could feel holiday mood setting in, as could DS.

We stopped off at Art Of Marvel hotel and DS had a run in the gardens. We popped in to check in and get passes for tomorrow and save time in the morning. It smells sooo good in that hotel. We had a quick look round but mostly left that for tomorrow.

We carried on round in to the Disney Village and DS ate some of his packed lunch in the pram. I didn’t know where I was going but just followed the pretty village round and easy enough landed at the train station.

We took the RER to Val d’Europe for 2 euro and adult and 1 euro a child. It is SO easy and actually really cool to do. The train was empty and there was a lift from the entrance to the platform and the train was level with the platform so no issues with the pram.

Once there we headed to Auchan. Omg it’s huge. We picked some fruit and some water from the lower level where all the food is. Around 2pm Malachi put himself in the pram and went to sleep. I walked down to find the huge Primark and have a look round. I have to say, it’s big but I didn’t find anything there too amazing. It must say a lot about me that I headed back to the supermarket and had a look around the 1st floor and preferred it there. I thought the Mall was great. Loads of nice names you’d look for, Max Factor, Primark, H&M, JD sports, Lush, body shop and also loads of fashion stores, baby clothes shops, a really nice toy shop, a Harry Potter type shop, a shop that sells all things rainbow. Definitely something for everyone there. I couldn’t resist a rainbow purse (needed a new one and had been thinking I’d get in Disney but actually fell in love with this) for €30.

They did have strollers in Auchan for €60. However I would never ever have made it through the day so far without a pram so I’m super pleased I brought it with Met.

After a pleasant wander round the shops I headed back to the train. I woke Malachi when we arrived at Disney. The worst bit of the trip was going back through security at Disney with 70 bags. It was very embarrassing.

As we walked through the village I asked if he fancied Rainforest Cafe and he did. It was 4pm by now so we had no trouble being seated by the elephants. They were helpful with his allergies and fetched a manager to take the order. She took it seriously and spoke to the chef. In the end he went for grilled chicken and chips with water and I had a chicken salad taco bowl with sprite. It cost €44 and to be fair the food was just ‘okay’ and the atmosphere was ‘okay’ too. We did have fun making monkey noises by the apes and taking pictures. It was an experience and a nice one but I probably wouldn’t rush back.

We wandered on and played ‘deadly 60 hunters’ in the pond and trees. It was a lovely walk back.

We arrived at 5pm and hadn’t had a text with our room number so went to reception. She gave us some lovely stickers for our scrap book and our room number. I was pretty exhausted by now and could of actually cried when I realised it was on the first floor and there was no lift.

The room is a bit tired and you know your paying for the Disney tittle and the location. There is a weird door interlocking rooms and it’s not clear how to lock it from your own side. The TV doesn’t work, no kettle (I think you can ask for one), and the WIFI is rubbish. On the positive the bed is comfy, the bathroom theme is cool and the shower is hot and powerful. The actual hotel and feeling in the grounds is lovely, for me though the room is average at best, It’s totally fine but it’s pricey for what it is. DS didn’t think so, he thought the theming was amazing and was very happy.

DS had some safe snacks, loads of fruit, crisps and a pudding we had brought from home and watched his iPad. I tried to unpack a bit and we just chilled for an hour. I realised at this point that the advice to bring usb chargers is obviously for Art of Marvel and without a plug I’d no way to charge my phone tonight!

We popped out to the shop who had none but suggested the garage. In the garage we met another lady looking for the same thing. They had none. However this lady did tell me reception could give me an adapter for €10 so we trundled back and picked that up.

Goofy was in reception and we had a really lovely fun meet with him. He was playing hi fives and tickling. Really lovely. He signed our book (and commented on how nice the scrap book cover is). Sadly the photo pass missed all the lovely hi-fives and took pics of me handing over the book! Never mind there is a lovely family shot 🥰.

The plan was from here bath and early bed but Malachi who had been a supper star all day was now totally over tired. He managed his bath and then in bed spilt water and crisps and then cried like the world was ending. He spent 5 minutes telling me he was not my friend and will never play with me again before crying for a cuddle. Eventually he gave up and by 9pm He was fast asleep.

I too had a quick shower and wrote some notes on the day before nodding off.

16,956 steps
ScaryFairy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 May 22, 06:50 PM  
Link to this Post

Love the photo with Goofy he is my fave! We go next week and am a bit stressed about the travelling, would much rather be doing a nine hour flight to Florida!

You have done brilliantly on your own, you are much braver than me! You both look like you are having a fab time though!
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List