Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 21 May 22, 06:17 PM  
Link to this Post
Yorkie2021
Relaxing at the Grand Floridian

Here now and last night was apocalyptic at times. Had a reservation at Flying Fish and got absolutely soaked running down from Boardwalk resort. Flying Fish were very proactive with plenty of towels available. 🤣
Yorkie2021 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 May 22, 06:30 PM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
We have been here since the end of April and the weather has been stunning as one would expect in May.

Tom Terry announced last week that Florida has now entered the 170 day period of rain. Ranging from some days nothing to some days Biblical. As we progress through the rest of May that will increase as it always does. June I would never come here as that can be really wet.

We miss timed it yesterday by 5 mins leaving the MK and by the time we got to the car even my boxers were wet

Then we got caught again going out at 8.00pm for food. Well I did as my Wife insisted on being dropped off under the canopy of the Eating place.

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976

Edited at 06:31 PM.
Mr Tom Morrow is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 May 22, 06:35 PM  
Link to this Post
Taffy1959
VIP Dibber

Taffy1959's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Disney0210 View Post
I was planning on going May 2023, but think it could be safer going June
We arrived home on Wednesday after 17 nights and the weather was fantastic we had a storm on the 13th May which started around 8.30 pm and on the 15th May.
No other rain or storms at all.
Old 21 May 22, 08:33 PM  
Link to this Post
Scaramouche
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Mr Tom Morrow View Post
We have been here since the end of April and the weather has been stunning as one would expect in May.

Tom Terry announced last week that Florida has now entered the 170 day period of rain. Ranging from some days nothing to some days Biblical. As we progress through the rest of May that will increase as it always does. June I would never come here as that can be really wet.

We miss timed it yesterday by 5 mins leaving the MK and by the time we got to the car even my boxers were wet

Then we got caught again going out at 8.00pm for food. Well I did as my Wife insisted on being dropped off under the canopy of the Eating place.

I like your wife’s style 😂 in 2016 we went for dinner in DTD (I think it was still DTD then!) but because of the rain we got an Uber instead of the bus, like forgetting that they dropped you the wrong end of DTD to where we wanted to be, OH ran through the rain, he was soaked - however I was in the wheelchair and I have never been drowned so much in my life. I might as well of got in the lake fully dressed 😂.

All fun and games until the air con hits you in the restaurant.

OP - September is our preferred time, it’s wet, the storms are incredible, but it’s so hot you’re thankful for the rain. You’ll make the best of it whatever the weather. Enjoy being there and have a fab time!
Forget Regrets... Or Life Is Yours To Miss.. No Other Road, No Other Way.. No Day But Today.. ♪
Scaramouche is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 May 22, 01:39 AM  
Link to this Post
DisneyGilly
Earning My Ears

HI All

I am here now we have had stormy weather in the late afternoon or evenings on several days but the weather is glorious at other times

This is florida with hot weather and humidity comes the rain!

One note last week were record temps in the 90s do the weather is never predictable pac a mac or poncho and enjoy it does not last long!

Davy Crocket Ranch June 2018, June 2015, 2005
DisneyGilly is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 May 22, 01:59 AM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
Well anyone who thinks a poncho in this weather is fine then all I can say is crack on. 🤣

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976
Mr Tom Morrow is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 May 22, 02:11 AM  
Link to this Post
Maddiemoo2009
Proud to wear my Ears

Originally Posted by Mr Tom Morrow View Post
Well anyone who thinks a poncho in this weather is fine then all I can say is crack on. 🤣

Just got caught in that coming out of Epcot I said to my husband at 8pm let’s miss the show and leave as it’s going to storm he didn’t listen
Ponchos didn’t work sat in soggy clothes and shoes on the way back to the villa,
But it’s a experience and kids loved it
Maddiemoo2009 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 May 22, 02:25 AM  
Link to this Post
kc1
Imagineer

Some storm tonight and a tornado warning 😱
kc1 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 May 22, 02:26 AM  
Link to this Post
roxie2001
Imagineer

Now looking out at our 3rd storm, only happened in the evening about 8pm (I drive)
On the plus side it’s still hot and have enjoyed the view from wild buffalo wings twice, hotel once.
Hasn’t ruined our holiday at all.
Hoping it eases off soon as still need dinner, and last night tradition is chichis pizza. 🤣

Edited at 02:28 AM.
roxie2001 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 May 22, 07:58 AM  
Link to this Post

I see a lot of the flights out MCO were delayed last night due to the weather, some unfortunately by up to 5 hours which will have a knock on effect.

I suspect you wouldn’t want to be flying in that.

I’m flying on Thursday so hoping for a bit of a smoother ride! (Hate flying!)
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List