Notices
Guest Services Site Questions, a tech query or just want to test something.

Old 27 Jun 22, 08:21 PM  
Link to this Post
Lindaelaine
Imagineer

Apple ID Issue

My husband is getting notifications to update his Apple ID settings, problem is the Apple notification, comes up with a really old email address he used to have with Yahoo, although he puts the correct password in it isn't recognised. we tried to access the old yahoo mail and and the email address no longer exists.

He hasn't needed to sign into Apple for years and he is able to use his phone, it's just annoying that the notification pops up, the notification is also in settings under his profile.

Would there be a problem if he just created a new Apple ID? I realise he would have to sign out of his Apple ID to do this and have no idea what the consequences would be, it sounds like a silly question but would his apps still be on his phone if he created a new account? I cannot see any other way round it as even if he had to have his phone restored he would still not be able to sign in to his old Apple ID 🤷

Seeing as he hasn't needed to sign in it for years he could just leave things as they are with the notification still popping up but if he needed to get a new phone it could cause problems ?
Thanks in advance and any advice appreciated .
Aug 2018...Westridge. Aug 2019... Miami & Solterra Resort
Lindaelaine is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Jun 22, 10:01 PM  
Link to this Post
BevS97
VIP Dibber

BevS97's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 7

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 9
Guidebook Photos: 18
Guidebook Reviews: 7
If his photos have uploaded to the cloud he may lose them when he logs out. Sometimes they aren’t actually on your phone. To save space the full picture is kept in the cloud and when you log out they will all disappear.

You don’t lose your apps if you log out but you may lose some progress/ data if that’s synced to iCloud.

Also it sometimes asks for the password when you try to log out.

It is possible to reset the AppleId if you have second device which is logged into the same account.

Or by going to the AppleId website and answering some security questions that you set up initially. If you can get logged in this way you can update the email address to one you use.

iforgot.apple.com

Edited at 10:04 PM.
BevS97 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Jun 22, 10:28 PM  
Link to this Post
Lindaelaine
Imagineer

Thanks Bev, the strange thing is we have actually tried doing the " I forgot apple" thing and didn't get as far as getting any security questions as all it does is bring up the apple sign in box with his old email address already filled in, it seems that is what is causing the problem, I'm sure it's because the email is no longer active, even tried putting in his new email but of course didn't expect that to work.
I don't think he has anything backed up to the cloud, he isn't at all tech savvy, he only has a phone, no other device.
He was going to try the Genius Bar but I can't see them being able to help, only thing I can think of is if we can contact apple by phone and explain what is happening, that would be fun as he literally wont understand anything they tell him 😠
Lindaelaine is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jul 22, 02:16 PM  
Link to this Post
Lindaelaine
Imagineer

Update

For anyone else who has any issues, I phoned Apple support this morning who talked me through and solved the problem, as it stands it has been left with his old email address but a new password and his phone number as his ID, we couldn't change to his new email address as it kept coming up as not available, hinting that somewhere along the line he has used that as an id before 🤦
She did suggest him creating a new email or simply just leaving it as it is seeing as they have his phone number as well now.
I must say she was very helpful and the service was impressive.
The phone number I used was 0800-107-6285
Old 2 Jul 22, 02:46 PM  
Link to this Post
Orlando 2004
Imagineer

Orlando 2004's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 3
Mobile

Glad you got it sorted.
Old 3 Jul 22, 10:20 AM  
Link to this Post
Lindaelaine
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Orlando 2004 View Post
Glad you got it sorted.
Thank you x