Notices
Itineraries Post your Trip Itineraries here.

Old 4 Jun 22, 12:54 PM  
Link to this Post
Firsttimer2017
slightly serious Dibber

August 22 how does this look?

Hi all

We are planning our 2nd visit but 1st attempt at a split stay. I’m beginning to have the wobbles over the split stay. Have I made the right decision, is it the right balance, too many changeovers/wasted time etc! I’d appreciate your views…

- 9th Aug (Tues) - travel day - check in to CBR. Plan to eat onsite or pop over to Epcot
- 10th Aug (Wed) - MK early start / pm pool / eve Sebastian at CRB
- 11th Aug (Thurs) - HWS - rope drop / Pm pool / Eve Disney Springs QS
- 12th Aug (Fri) - collect car - water park day / Eve Epcot Space 2020 lounge?
- 13th Aug (Sat) - AK rope drop / Sanaa late lunch / Eve?
- 14th Aug (Sun) - Epcot day / Via Napoli? Eve ?
- 15th Aug (Mon) - Topolinos Bfast / MK pm and eve for fireworks
- 16th Aug (Tues) - check out of CRB and move to Villa at Windsor Island / HWS for a few hours middle of the day /Eve Villa

- 17th Aug (Wed) - Bfast KeKes - Villa day / food shopping / checking out Windsor Island / Eve ?
- 18th Aug (Thurs) AK pm and Eve
- 19th Aug (Fri) Epcot
- 20th Aug (Sat) Villa day/shopping
- 21st Aug (Sun) Ohana late Bfast / MK pm and fireworks
- 22nd Aug (Mon) - Typhoon Lagoon
- 23rd Aug (Tues) - HWS
- 24th Aug (Wed) - check out of Villa and travel to AMI / pm and Eve beach and exploring

25th Aug (Thurs) AMI
26th Aug (Fri) - AMI
27th Aug (Sat) - check out of Beach house and travel back to Orlando for late morning / check into HRH / pm at Volcano Bay / Eve

28th Aug (Sun) - universal Studios
29th Aug (Mon)- Islands of Adventure
30th Aug (Tues)- check out of HRH / US / Flight home 6:55pm

I would appreciate your views 🤔☺️
2022 - Planning our return trip

Edited at 12:55 AM.
Firsttimer2017 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Jun 22, 12:56 AM  
Link to this Post
Firsttimer2017
slightly serious Dibber

Anyone?
Firsttimer2017 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Jun 22, 01:39 PM  
Link to this Post
minnie moomoo
VIP Dibber

We avoid epcot on a Friday and Saturday evening, especially during food and wine. Epcot more than the other parks is a locals park and tends to be busy those evenings.

DLP, Davy Crocketts Ranch. Sept 2013. DLP, Sequoia lodge, GF, Oct 2014. DLP, Santa Fe, May 2015. DLP, Sequoia Lodge GF. May 2016. DLP, Sequoia Lodge. Aug 2017. Les Alicourts Resort 2017 WDW, Caribbean Beach Resort. Sept 2018 Camping La croix du vieux pont 2018 DLP, Sequoia Lodge, GF. Aug 2019.
WDW, Port Orleans Resort, Grande Villas Resort, Cabana Bay Resort. Aug 2022 DLP, Davy Crocketts Ranch. Aug 2023. Les Alicourts Resort 2023
minnie moomoo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Jun 22, 02:02 PM  
Link to this Post
rafjen
Apprentice Imagineer

rafjen's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 2
Are you doin Typhoon lagoon twice? 12th and 22nd- Unless you love water parks I would say once is enough.
rafjen is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Jun 22, 03:59 PM  
Link to this Post
Firsttimer2017
slightly serious Dibber

Originally Posted by rafjen View Post
Are you doin Typhoon lagoon twice? 12th and 22nd- Unless you love water parks I would say once is enough.
Thanks - I agree. The plan was to do Blizzard beach as the first water park day however if it remains closed we will do TL on 12th and Volcano Bay on 22nd. I also have a park booked as a backup plan.
Old 29 Jun 22, 03:59 PM  
Link to this Post
Firsttimer2017
slightly serious Dibber

Originally Posted by minnie moomoo View Post
We avoid epcot on a Friday and Saturday evening, especially during food and wine. Epcot more than the other parks is a locals park and tends to be busy those evenings.
Ah yes. I might have to rejig the second Epcot visit. Thank you!
Old 5 Jul 22, 10:07 AM  
Link to this Post
IndianaMac
Imagineer

Did you get your Space220 lounge ADR? We couldn't grab it for the 8th, but have an alert on Mouse Dining.

I love split stays, nicely segments hols, get a different vibe each time.

I'd suggest for your HRH days, if you're looking to eat at City Walk, book ahead... they get busy.
IndianaMac is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jul 22, 10:50 AM  
Link to this Post
Firsttimer2017
slightly serious Dibber

Originally Posted by IndianaMac View Post
Did you get your Space220 lounge ADR? We couldn't grab it for the 8th, but have an alert on Mouse Dining.

I love split stays, nicely segments hols, get a different vibe each time.

I'd suggest for your HRH days, if you're looking to eat at City Walk, book ahead... they get busy.
No I haven’t had any luck finding any availability for Space2020 lounge despite having the on-site advantage. I have a restaurant booking but don’t really think it’s worth the price tag for us. Fingers crossed something will crop up for the lounge! I have set up mouse dining alerts.

City walk - I’ve booked Toothsome emporium and Hard Rock Cafe but not 100% sure I’ve got my timings right and as we only have 3 days at Universal I’m worried this may restrict us too much. I booked 6:45pm and 7:30pm. Are there evening shows/fireworks at Universal I might miss? I haven’t been to Universal before so appreciative of any tips!
Old 5 Jul 22, 11:19 AM  
Link to this Post
IndianaMac
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Firsttimer2017 View Post
No I haven’t had any luck finding any availability for Space2020 lounge despite having the on-site advantage. I have a restaurant booking but don’t really think it’s worth the price tag for us. Fingers crossed something will crop up for the lounge! I have set up mouse dining alerts.

City walk - I’ve booked Toothsome emporium and Hard Rock Cafe but not 100% sure I’ve got my timings right and as we only have 3 days at Universal I’m worried this may restrict us too much. I booked 6:45pm and 7:30pm. Are there evening shows/fireworks at Universal I might miss? I haven’t been to Universal before so appreciative of any tips!
We did the restaurant on our last trip - yes, it's pricey, but we justified it as a final night meal to end the hols on a real high. I loved it, and would do it again, but we've got lots of other "firsts" this trip, hence looking for (and failing to get) the more palatable (price wise) Lounge.

There's a fireworks/light show at Hogwarts that shows a few times a night.

There was a parade (we've never watched it, but did watch the Macy's Christmas parade on our last trip.. pretty underwhelming to be honest), but looking at Google, it ran its last on June 4th... not sure if it's been replaced?

For stuff to do in the evening (assuming thrill rides are your thing), I'd say you can't beat Velocicoaster front row in the dark!
IndianaMac is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List